Late registration madness

Mash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^^The 206 never took over from the 205. The 106 was launched after the 205 was discontinued, but wasn't a direct replacement for the 205. The 206 was a "Oh crap, we need do need a direct replacement after all!" car. More useless information available on request.

I think the last 205s were P plates in late 1995 or early 1996, they were usually pretty basic special editions such as 'Inca' etc which could also be had in 106 flavour if memory serves me right.

They were popular in West Wales for the same reasons as rural France, unburstable, simple, frugal etc, and some still survive despite nearly 20 years of living in dampness.

The 205 was originally 'replaced' by the 106, and later on the lower engined versions of the 306, as Partridge says, that didn't really work out. But during the mid nineties you could buy a 106, 205, or 306 from your friendly Pug dealer, as they all came out of different factories. I suspect Pug were probably taken aback by the continued popularity of the 205 after its newer brethren were launched.