SF food thread

catsinthewelder

5 days to go so I should probably try to ensure nobody starves. 

Dinner:

As arrivals on Friday night tend to be a bit random I feel most of us will probably head into Bridgnorth for a takeaway.  Obviously if you want to bring yourself a stove or something you can cook on the campfire then feel free.

On Saturday night I was planning to fire up the big BBQ.  Probably do this on a bring your own food basis.

Breakfast:

Sadly the SVM catering provision this year will be very limited, possibly due to a world shortage of corners.

I can bulk buy sausages, bacon and rolls.  I have 1 gas stove and a frying pan.  I possibly have a source of cheap gas.  I think an extra stove + frying pan+ couple of volunteers would make breakfast a lot easier and quicker.  Or would people rather sort it out themselves?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

5 days to go so I should probably try to ensure nobody starves. 

Dinner:

As arrivals on Friday night tend to be a bit random I feel most of us will probably head into Bridgnorth for a takeaway.  Obviously if you want to bring yourself a stove or something you can cook on the campfire then feel free.

On Saturday night I was planning to fire up the big BBQ.  Probably do this on a bring your own food basis.

Breakfast:

Sadly the SVM catering provision this year will be very limited, possibly due to a world shortage of corners.

I can bulk buy sausages, bacon and rolls.  I have 1 gas stove and a frying pan.  I possibly have a source of cheap gas.  I think an extra stove + frying pan+ couple of volunteers would make breakfast a lot easier and quicker.  Or would people rather sort it out themselves?

All sounds good to me. I've got a small gas stove, plenty of Lidl gas and a frying pan. I'm bringing them anyway so happy for them to be used for Saturday breakfast. 

I've also got a small barbeque and a large amount of lump wood charcoal (currently cluttering up my shed) that I bought when Lidl were selling it off cheap last year. Let me know if you want me to bring these.

• Thanks 1

Costco outside my hotel in Chadderton believe it or not does sausages with corners.

I mean I've not tried them... but it does them.

I can do a bulk meat shop at Costco if needed Rich for the BBQ - I'll be heading down on Friday from Manchester so if you can let me know by then I can sort it.

• Thanks 1

I've got two gas barbecue things here if anyone wants to take them along from Lincolnshire and give them a new home afterwards, think I've even got a butane bottle to go with one of them.

Thanks @catsinthewelder.

I can bring a couple of camping pans and a gas burner plus happy to volunteer cook on Sun morning. 

What does SVM mean? 

Sat night BYO for the BBQ sounds like a great idea - bring what you want to eat, scorch it to a crisp, eat it. 

I can see you've already invested a lot of time and effort into this, so I think we're all keen to make sure you're not out of pocket. Would a £30 per person donation cover your costs or am I wildly out with that estimate? 

8 hours ago, cms206 said:

Costco outside my hotel in Chadderton believe it or not does sausages with corners.

Bloody hell! Never knew that and I'm in there loads.

You're on my doorstep atm. Give me a shout if you need any local assistance, I should be clear to drive in a couple of days.

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

Bloody hell! Never knew that and I'm in there loads.

You're on my doorstep atm. Give me a shout if you need any local assistance, I should be clear to drive in a couple of days.

Five weeks in the Boat & Horses so far chief! Working out of Oldham depot for the foreseeable.

3 hours ago, grogee said:

Thanks. 

Will there be a translator? 

Scottish Volvo Massive iirc

Because all Volvos eventually end up in Scotland and it's the main vehicle any self respecting Scot will own at least one of. So if you see a procession of Volvos, good chance it'll be the SVM crew in convoy. 

Thanks @grogee, more the merrier on the cooking front and spare stoves are certainly handy to stop the whole thing grinding to a halt if they misbehave.

Thanks @cms206,  wouldn't be Shitefest without corners!

I was thinking suggested donation of £10 per 24 hours per adult?  That would raise about £730 on current numbers which will cover food, firewood and loo with a decent lump leftover going to charity if I don't have to pay to fix anything!

PS.  Nobody buy gas canisters for the stoves!

I've just negotiated to swap a bit of work for 56 of them!

Technically, it's the Scotoshite Volvo Massive seeing as the SVM are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Scotoshite division of Autoshite.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ghosty said:

You're only integrated round here if you pronounce Slaithwaite correctly :D

Slough-it, if memory serves?

10 hours ago, cms206 said:

Slough-it, if memory serves?

Fucking hell, you have spent too much time down here.. 

• Haha 2

@catsinthewelder.. "..which will cover food, firewood and loo with a decent lump leftover" 😯

Suggest dig a Big hole, in the corner of the field, M9!

🚙💨

• Haha 1

• SiC pinned and featured this topic

There's a very good butchers in Ditton Priors, Reg Mays, I believe he's open on a Saturday morning?  Very well known locally for excellent pork pies.

• Like 1

Master Grogee passed the co-op on his way home from school and bought 1 tube of salt and vinegar Pringles.

He's eaten 1/3rd of the tube but the remainder should keep ~30 blokes alive for a few hours. 

On 08/07/2024 at 07:20, ruffgeezer said:

I've got two gas barbecue things here if anyone wants to take them along from Lincolnshire and give them a new home afterwards, think I've even got a butane bottle to go with one of them.

Pity these aren't making their way over - I'd have snaffled at least 1 for sure. 

• chaseracer unpinned this topic