Scenic FTP shots

bangernomics

FTP1 well that was fast. Suspect crap battery or leak on something. No booster pack foolishly left at home as only 1.5 hours away in Menai. Arse

f09d3a4ac497741e7062c6b98ae0be61.jpg

Ahh he’s a very nice man. Battery is 48% so replacement ordered.

923d56a967dcf0591e2f9164ddedeb72.jpg
Excuse finger.

de0b0150e257ae337da882d168809980.jpg
£110 bargain for a quality item. Drama over.

• Sad 3

D990247C-A4D0-45F4-A55F-4483139085AC.thumb.jpeg.60e5a5281fb8a8409765400a61e91d57.jpeg

Slightly different spin on this -literally moments after this pic was took the Battery on my Caravan went into total meltdown, luckily I got it disconnected and removed before Total disaster. Got a new leisure Battery from a local EUROs in Weston-super-Mare for £120 which I fitted myself.

the old battery was still red hot after 3 days 

Oh there's been many.

Sadly not many pics though. Made a campsite look like a traveler site changing the centre prop bearing in a transit so i could get the caravan home. Have broken down in some lovely places over the years. It's the journey not the destination.

Heres my GS after a massive FTP when the gearbox shate out in southern France. 

IMG_8983.thumb.jpeg.4925e8cb22f67aed7f79b6bba776b726.jpeg

Any chance of repair - nope

euro recovery cover - nope

inflated brexit prices on old shitters and rentals - definitely 

Luckily was with mates so rode pillion for the rest of the trip then had a mini break a month later going to collect the ungrateful panzercycle  only to repair it for it to FTP again in a new and interesting way. 

Its sitting in the lock up as I type thinking about what its done. 

9 hours ago, Fraz said:

@dome Please tell me you have a picture of the aero in glencoe? 

I can't find it 😭

My Saab 9000 Aero expired on the way up Glencoe many years ago whilst on a gentle* drive up to Fort William. Somewhere on a hard drive I have a rather fetching picture of it abandoned in a layby awaiting recovery. 

A picturesque little lane was the access to my place in Bolsover, and the Princess decided to stop and admire the view in the most awkward place it could.

20120320-04.thumb.JPG.ac9d4f220cca5c573a51a99836870bd3.JPG

A few months later and it decided to do a bit of industrial action at the old Coalite plant down the road.

20120815-02.thumb.JPG.a82c37e56d8c0889f7fda3421d8a746d.JPG

This was all many years ago and this sort of nonsense is absolutely* and definitely* totally* behind us now.

On 23/01/2024 at 07:23, gadgetgricey said:

Am I the only one who opened this thread expecting to see a Renault :)

A thread dedicated just to pictures of one make and model breaking down is a bit niche, even for us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

A thread dedicated just to pictures of one make and model breaking down is a bit niche, even for us. 

There's one on Facebook, it's called the Discovery 3 Owner's Club.

8 hours ago, paulplom said:

Wipers packed in on the raniest day of the year. Terrifying.

A1 just North of Wetherby.

T5.jpg

Christ, that's heart in mouth stuff - the wipers on that were never that good to begin with! Had some interesting* drives on motorways in the rain in it myself. Overtaking a truck in the rain was always a fun* experience. 

59 minutes ago, GeordieInExile said:

Christ, that's heart in mouth stuff - the wipers on that were never that good to begin with! Had some interesting* drives on motorways in the rain in it myself. Overtaking a truck in the rain was always a fun* experience. 

They came loose on the spindle, crossed over then stopped. I was in the outside lane and my visibilty became zero in three seconds flat. Highways agency weren't interested at all. Luckily I had a multitool in my backpack. I went back down and tightened them up with the pliers attatchment which was just enough to get me home.

Driving 90 miles home in my shitty kecks was memorable. Luckily leather seats.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Matty said:

Which one?

The NV200 van...friend of mine was doing the radio comms for a mountain race, left his lights on and had a flat battery by the time it had finished. So had to go up to rescue him.

Ironically the second time I've rescued that model of van with a flat battery - another friend has the electric version and ran out of charge!

20220130_134437.thumb.jpg.9f96b5c25db7a2f77bd3be6162c497d6.jpg

4 hours ago, bangernomics said:

Does towing them add a charge?

Yes, in the same way that you'd get a bit of extra range using regenerative braking down a hill. But in this case it was only a few miles to a charge point where he could leave it for a while, so no big deal.

• Like 1

Of course I have no clue what FTP stands for but have had a few experiences   

Caddy 

Repeatedly died and pissed about embarrassing me till I replaced the ECU  

Including a three hour death after I booked it for an MOT. Passed at 6.30pm

Now a faultless low mileage SDI as expected  

IMG_1959.jpeg