BINI has done bini things

bezzabsa

OK YES I was warned, Sunday night the yellow heap went all BMW on me and started coughing farting and cutting out...

Managed to get it home, ignored it till Wednesday when it started up and sounded OK....

5 minutes later back to sounding like the engine wanted out!!!!!

been down to it again today, andddddddddd yup STILL sounding shite...

So been looking at replacement and chuff me when did cars get expensive!!!! anything under £1500 is either fooked - still got copart writing on the screen, or being sold by someone who is either Blind / deaf or both seeing as they advertise cars as Very good , then show pics of damaged or missing body panels and No V5 or MOT..

trying to get a price for someone to come and collect the yellow heap at the minute.... Whats the cat worth ? LOL

5 minutes ago, AxleHorsepower said:

If you want another BINI I have one looking for a home 😁

did like the car, but had niggly problems with it from day 1 which have soured the experience, BUT pics & details just in case

31 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

OK YES I was warned, Sunday night the yellow heap went all BMW on me and started coughing farting and cutting out...

Managed to get it home, ignored it till Wednesday when it started up and sounded OK....

So been looking at replacement and chuff me when did cars get expensive!!!! anything under £1500 is either fooked - still got copart writing on the screen, or being sold by someone who is either Blind / deaf or both seeing as they advertise cars as Very good , then show pics of damaged or missing body panels and No V5 or MOT..

trying to get a price for someone to come and collect the yellow heap at the minute.... Whats the cat worth ? LOL

Sorry to hear of your woes but you were robustly warned about R56s back when you were considering one! They are absolute dugmeat.

Hope you get a replacement .

15 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Sorry to hear of your woes but you were robustly warned about R56s back when you were considering one! They are absolute dugmeat.

Glad someone else got the first "we told you so" in as my keyboard fingers were a'twitchin

48 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

Dude I have 2 sub £1000 cars local to you with long MOTs. Prefect timing hey?

Coupe £700

SLK £850

Let me know which one you want and I will get it sorted for you ;)

1 hour ago, DavidB said:

Is it an r56 with cam sensor fault? They are really nice cars apart from daft stretched chains and chain guides.

NO Codes.....which is a fekkin miracle ..

1 hour ago, tom13 said:

Coupe £700

SLK £850

need a 4 seater, the Bini was a stretch LOL

3 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

The 2010 1.6 mini one  I bought a few months ago appears to have largely sorted itself out , not smoking after I put that oil stabiliser in it, along with fresh oil , chain sounds quiet , it still doesn't like 2nd gear much but as long as you give it a forceful change it stays in , got a new battery to fit as the old one was only showing 11.6v , going to try a £40 ATS groupon aircon gas as it's still got pressure

It'd spent years on country lanes, probably never seen third gear so the Italian tuneup I gave it on the 250 mile home drive did it some good

1 hour ago, Wack said:

The 2010 1.6 mini one  I bought a few months ago appears to have largely sorted itself out , not smoking after I put that oil stabiliser in it, along with fresh oil , chain sounds quiet , it still doesn't like 2nd gear much but as long as you give it a forceful change it stays in , got a new battery to fit as the old one was only showing 11.6v , going to try a £40 ATS groupon aircon gas as it's still got pressure

It'd spent years on country lanes, probably never seen third gear so the Italian tuneup I gave it on the 250 mile home drive did it some good

I can neither confirm nor deny that there is a procedure for replacing the battery, best checking up on that before removing the old one.

On 5/12/2023 at 11:19 AM, tom13 said:

Coupe £700

SLK £850

PM ME.......