needed something keep me busy so got pile off s%%te

bicycle repairman

9 hours ago, bicycle repairman said:

why did i dont know but haggled on price he wanted kings ramson but he needed space it was his late fathers car,but its got its good points it runs stops and starts really nice interior nice as your going get them still got its orignal lw,mw radio lol,rock solid underneath innerwings inside the boot,and parts i need are very reasonable used to over price ford panels be tax exempt next year,stood in lock up for 15 years and front window was smashed so damp air got to front wings but only bolted on, its had 90s repair on end off sills,its in my lock up be slow rebuld ,its not been botched so i think got a good starting point lol,wanted something get my teeth stuck into,am so bored so it should keep me busy

P9240702.JPG

P9240703.JPG

P9240705.JPG

P9240706.JPG

P9240709.JPG

P9240712.JPG

Vauxhall in the 80s did the very best interior exterior colour combos. Fact. Grew up as a GM child (unfortunately a parade of Bedford cfs and Astra vans) but saw enough managers cars to appreciate the level of taste 😁

Nice. I had a couple of brand new ones as company cars, first a China blue Y plate, then a green B plate, both 1.6L's.

Many years later I had an E reg SRi130 as a runaround, which got thrashed everywhere in the time I had it. Wish I had never sold it.

All were much better to drive than the Cortina's that preceeded them (MkIII, IV and V).

Oh wow!

This is absolutely identical to my 2nd car, RMK134Y, henna red, 4 door saloon. I had the 1.3l engine in it. I went from that to D450ARY, a 5 door SRi hatch in helios blue over anthracite (much, much nicer). My memories of the brown was is that it was pretty reliable, didn't rust much, but was slow and noisy. I had no frame of reference so thought it handled like a Porsche, when in reality they were really understeery and felt like the nose was too light. That seat material is really course and scratchy.

Keep it standard, please, for a FOTU sure-fire win. 

2 hours ago, motorpunk said:

Oh wow!

This is absolutely identical to my 2nd car, RMK134Y, henna red, 4 door saloon. I had the 1.3l engine in it. I went from that to D450ARY, a 5 door SRi hatch in helios blue over anthracite (much, much nicer). My memories of the brown was is that it was pretty reliable, didn't rust much, but was slow and noisy. I had no frame of reference so thought it handled like a Porsche, when in reality they were really understeery and felt like the nose was too light. That seat material is really course and scratchy.

keeping it original its 1600L with a 4 speed gearbox ,no need for 5 speed it will only going local show odd day up the lakes be fine to what i want to do,

On 25/09/2022 at 11:52, bicycle repairman said:

nothing mad just do up bog standard no redtop engines lol,might put nice set off wheels on it,

They always look nice with Sri130  wheels.  A mk3 cav GSi caliper with just fit inside them too. 

I'm a little bit jealous. 

3 hours ago, motorpunk said:

Oh wow!

I had a similar car history -a Henna red 1.6l as my first car which could keep up with friends XR2s in a straight line followed by an SRi130 which, frankly, I'm amazed an 18 year old me didn't die in😳

3 hours ago, motorpunk said:

First car I did a ton in, first car I got laid in, first car I got nicked in, I loved that thing. 

ETA - These were separate events... ;)

I'm pretty sure I cracked the ton in my folks 1.4 Citroen ZX (we had a big hill locally) but the other 2 boxes would've been ticked in the Cavs. 

The traffic cop who stopped me in the SRi wasn't in a good mood. He sat in it pumping the clutch pedal and told me my brakes were fucked. When I pointed out his error you'd think he would've thanked me for pointing out the error he'd made wouldn't you? 

He didn't