Ebay Tat Volume 2 - Sadly deceased.

trigger

Posted Image

No MoT, too old to be licensed in most places and it's still £400 (with no bids) If it was more like £200 I'd probably be stupid enough to take a punt on it.

GR8 4 CHASIN 2CVs ON KORNERS :D

Posted Image

[photo from trigger's road test scans]

i asked the seller for fail sheet details

no reply after 4 days

Posted Image

1980 Morris Marina 1.3 HL

The owner of this sounds like a right tool.

THIS IS A TIME-WARP CLASSIC CAR IN MINT CONDITION. NOW I HAVE CAUGHT YOUR INTEREST I HAVE TO DROP A BOMBSHELL,I INTEND TO REMOVE THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION FROM THIS BEAUTIFUL MOTOR CAR

So your going to butcher the guts out of a tidy low mileage Marina for your Moggy :evil::roll:

HAVE SEARCHED EVERY PIECE OF THIS CAR AND CAN`T FIND A FAULT

Until you got your hands on it.

'I desperately need the engine for my Morris Traveller'

Why not buy one of the many secondhand 948 or 1098cc engines on Ebay then? There are a few people like that in Moggy and A30/35 circles.

I do hope it gets saved one way or another as it looks a right little cracker, nice in the yellow paint too.

'I desperately need the engine for my Morris Traveller'

Why not buy one of the many secondhand 948 or 1098cc engines on Ebay then? There are a few people like that in Moggy and A30/35 circles.

I do hope it gets saved one way or another as it looks a right little cracker, nice in the yellow paint too.

Marina looks too good to be a doner - the owner must be a brain doner wanting an automatic minor :lol:

Hmm....gotta disagree......it's his car and his minor, he can do what the fek he likes.......If you don't like it, offer him a zillion squid for the Marina then you can save it...........

Hmm....gotta disagree......it's his car and his minor, he can do what the fek he likes.......If you don't like it, offer him a zillion squid for the Marina then you can save it...........

You're right.

But he's still a flid for taking the engine out of the Marina when he could have sold the whole running car for a damn sight more and used some of the proceeds to get himself a decent A Series. How much are they anyway? Can't be more than 1k unless you go mental with the tuning bits. In fact if he sold the Marina complete he could do most of the work himself with a recon Gold Seal lump for half that.

Ah well, hopefully someone will chop up a perfectly decent running Minor to use its engine in a Marina, and then the balance of idiocy will be restored. Everyone can then bleat on about the waste of a renowned and popular 'classic'.

Gibber, gibber, on we go. Is he making dinner or are you?

It doesn't even look that bad in the photos :cry:

Posted Image

I know Trigger, but what makes it worse for me is that my search for classic/ Shite transport has just changed from a Viva HB to a Camper of sorts because it means me and the family can go away weekends and not worry about staying somewhere, plus it's a bit of an adventure for the Brats, and something like this, ( With Work ) would fit the bill perfectly.

I can't understand the mentality of someone who just wants to wreck a potential classic, just because it might be the Oldest Vehicle there, or some other shit excuse.

P.S. how do you transfer pics from Ebay to here ?, I can't figure it out :?

That's an early one, given the door handle closes over the door and the louvre on the driver's side, it's late sixties, early seventies at the latest, and the listiing's been pulled. If it helps, one of my members is selling his tax exempt Mk1 pop top transit.

http://mk1mk2transit.19.forumer.com/vie ... php?t=1390

^ Exactly, That's what i mean, With some decent photos and write up like the Doctor I'm sure he could turn around a decent profit on it and the car gets saved and he would have enough money to buy a decent lump from a snotter for his Moggy.

It doesn't even look that bad in the photos :cry:

Posted Image

I know Trigger, but what makes it worse for me is that my search for classic/ Shite transport has just changed from a Viva HB to a Camper of sorts because it means me and the family can go away weekends and not worry about staying somewhere, plus it's a bit of an adventure for the Brats, and something like this, ( With Work ) would fit the bill perfectly.

I can't understand the mentality of someone who just wants to wreck a potential classic, just because it might be the Oldest Vehicle there, or some other shit excuse.

P.S. how do you transfer pics from Ebay to here ?, I can't figure it out :?

That's an early one, given the door handle closes over the door and the louvre on the driver's side, it's late sixties, early seventies at the latest, and the listiing's been pulled. If it helps, one of my members is selling his tax exempt Mk1 pop top transit.

http://mk1mk2transit.19.forumer.com/vie ... php?t=1390

Many Thanks for the thought Fred, but a little out of my league price wise, lovely van though.

Trigger

That Sherpa, just got this back from the owner, so i'll probably be giving that a miss.

"The bodywork / rusty bits are above the windscreen,both rear corners have been filled but rust breaking through,front arches the same, it had a full respray about 2 years ago but looks like the prep in these areas was poor. The rest of the van is pretty good for it's age, rear bumpers could really do with replacing, needs a general tune up, the steering is not a 100% but since we got the re-con steering box it's a load better."

Posted Image

I bought it as a project only a few weeks ago with the intention of improving it and running it through the winter. However, other projects have since taken priority and I need the space, so unfortunately it has to go....

The MOT and tax have just expired but it should only take minimal work to get it tested and back on the road again

Read - "I've bitten off more than I can chew, this car wouldn't less likely fail an MOT if it were on fire"