Naffest most crass giffer mods

sierraman

4 hours ago, sierraman said:

All that shit stuck to it but you just know it’ll be forever in limp home, fucking lights all over shop, parked up outside a really dreadful bungalow with those crap pansies you get at Home Bargains and Giant Gnomes from Asda.

Little fake plastic exhaust pipes!!!!

1 hour ago, Dick Longbridge said:

So it ended up running and driving... Currently taxed too, although no updates for just over a year. It certainly would be a talking point at shows. 

Screenshot_20220108-210536_Chrome.jpg

Saw it in July at a local(Leicestershire) evening car show. All running, apparently 200bhp.Had a long chat with the owner/ builder.Interesting fellow, calls himself The Hairy Beekeeper. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just remembered seeing something, ages ago, which might fit in this thread.  'Thor 24' is an American lorry that has been fitted with two Detroit Diesel two stroke V12s, and various other modifications including a small jet engine to power the electrical system.  The work supposedly cost over seven million dollars.  The final result?  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think it's approaching the ultimate expression of the 'old man stick on chrome tat' school of modification.  Freud would have had something to say about the thrusting appendage in front of the cab, no doubt.

The 3,974-HP, 24-Cylinder THOR Semi Just Sold for $13.2 Million (Yes, You  Read That Right)

Thor 24: you either love it or hate it. Jaw-dropping $7M creation or  unbelievable kitsch? | trans.info

The Mother of all Big Rigs: Thor24 truck with 3,974 horsepower

Trussty Jasmine: The Holy Mother of Metal, Thor 24 been sold at $12 million  price-tags

The interior is, if anything, worse, looking like a third world taxi driver's fever dream.  Note the lack of clutch pedal.

Peterbilt Big Rig Truck Thor 24 Sold for $13.2 Million in Saudi Arabia

Insane 3,974-HP Semi Truck Sells For $12 Million | CarBuzz

On 09/04/2021 at 10:36, motorpunk said:

My ancient Italian can is also loaded! 

When my son just passed his test at 17, my wife and I had a few weeks of being chauffeured around albeit in the “luxury” of a base 107. 
My wife enquired if he was embarrassed to be seen driving us around, my son replied “ no, I like it because it looks like I’ve got lowered suspension!” 
( Neither my wife or I could be described  as skinny).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
14 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

One of JLR’s more stupid ideas…. If you run out of electricity, the gear selector thingy won’t pop up, rendering the whole conveyance immobile. Stick a badge on top of it is bound to solve this design fault…..

On 08/01/2022 at 21:13, Dick Longbridge said:

So it ended up running and driving... Currently taxed too, although no updates for just over a year. It certainly would be a talking point at shows. 

Screenshot_20220108-210536_Chrome.jpg

As predicted, the Marina is now SORN again and still showing as a 1.8 petrol on the records.  Shame.  Nothing seems to have been seen or heard of the car since late 2019/early 2020...