The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Swmbos nephew proudly told me he had a 'Full' service done on his car by the local sharks. Must be good for £260...

Oil? - yes

Oil Filter - yes (and got oil fucking everywhere)

Plugs -not sure, no signs of the pack being removed either

Air filter? - no

Cabin filter? - no

Washed it? - no

I then had a look at the rear drivers arch and told him to never spend £300 on it again. If its still alive next year I'll tell you what parts to buy and fit them for beer if you drive me home afterwards

post-5612-0-70390100-1411664659_thumb.jpg

People with electric gates.  I'm a service technician who has to make many house calls to earn my meagre wage.  Appointments are all pre arranged and I'm nearly always on time, plus or minus 5 minutes.  So if I'm due at your house 3pm, why not open the gates ready at five to?  Why make me stop with my R send sticking out on to the bloody highway, wind the window down, still can't reach the sodding intercom, get out of the car, catch me door on your wall, then we still can't hold a conversation over the clattering of my 4 pot diesel. 

Just open the pissing gates please, you know I'm coming.  Oh, and it's two sugars!

Standard eBay rant....

Why bid on three things and then not pay for any of them?

Yeah ok, i've got my final value fee back, and i've offered second chance, but i'm obviously going to be down on the whole deal, albeit by only about £3....

Got another three items that finished at the weekend, he's got up till 10.00 tonight and i'm starting an unpaid item on the twat.

Has anyone have any idea about eBay auction final prices being a binding contract? I'm only dealing with small amounts, realtively speaking, but it'd be good to know that it will be upheld in a small claims court type situation!

NON CAR GRUMP

What is the point of having a passport that expires in January 2015 if you can't use it to travel abroad for 2 weeks in October? Just found out that I will not be allowed to travel with my passport as it expires in 3 months.

I am having to go and pay magabucks to get an emergency one in Liverpool the day before I fly. Whats that all about? If I can't fly on it with only 3 months on it, why not make the expiry date 3 months earlier or put 2 expiry dates on, one for actually going somewhere and one for when you get I.D'd at Wetherspoons or whatever the expiry date on the thing is actually for.

The idea is that you're allowed to stay in the country for X months (whether or not you actually plan to), so your passport shouldn't run out before then.

I think it also depends on where you're going.  The USA requires you to have a minimum of 6 months left to run before they'll let you in.  

Swmbos nephew proudly told me he had a 'Full' service done on his car by the local sharks. Must be good for £260...

Oil? - yes

Oil Filter - yes (and got oil fucking everywhere)

Plugs -not sure, no signs of the pack being removed either

Air filter? - no

Cabin filter? - no

Washed it? - no

I then had a look at the rear drivers arch and told him to never spend £300 on it again. If its still alive next year I'll tell you what parts to buy and fit them for beer if you drive me home afterwards

attachicon.gifIMAG1104.jpg

£260??

Did they do a full restoration?

Seriously, if somebody tried charging me that much to service a fiesta things would turn unpleasant.

When he told me I must have made a facial expression as he started to look quite worried! He should have known better though, I saved him getting raped for a new heater control valve for it a year or so ago with the spare from the Puma, he looked amazed that I changed it in 3 minutes flat withut loosing any coolant. Told him that once youve done it 3 times it becomes easier!

I don't think he's alone though, a co-worker asked me to accompany her to the pez station to check her tyres at lunchtime, all were spot on, 2 were getting there tread wise, I suggested she swapped the one low front for the good condition rear so she just had to get the rears done last year, I don't think she understood me. She was over the moon when I checked the oil and coolant and declared them spot on, I think some people like to worry about cars. She bought me a 3 pack of yorkie biscuit and raisin though, so she can ask me to check her oil anytime fnarr fnarr

On the flip side telling people that we sunk £230 into the meriva and they ask the usual 'why dont you scrap it/finance a new one etc'. Takes some explaining that I think we got VFM, and SWMBO is perfectly happy with her 10 year old car with 72k on, and please do one...

Dealerships take advantage of the fact that the vast majority of people know nothing about cars and have no time/will to learn. Most people assume that a 'minor service' involves a thorough assessment of every single component of their car, to aerospace industry standards. I suspect they would be less keen to pay £250 for it if they knew that it actually involves a spotty work experience student replacing the engine oil and wiping the plastic engine cover with an oily rag.

Standard eBay rant....

Why bid on three things and then not pay for any of them?

Yeah ok, i've got my final value fee back, and i've offered second chance, but i'm obviously going to be down on the whole deal, albeit by only about £3....

Got another three items that finished at the weekend, he's got up till 10.00 tonight and i'm starting an unpaid item on the twat.

Has anyone have any idea about eBay auction final prices being a binding contract? I'm only dealing with small amounts, realtively speaking, but it'd be good to know that it will be upheld in a small claims court type situation!

This,I had someone bid on 7 things a month ago.A few days later I had a message saying he'd had a family bereavement & was away for a week,but would pay when he got back.A week after that,he said he had problems with paypal,so would send the payment by registered post.After another week,still no payment so I asked if/when I  would be getting it,he said by the end of the next week.Of course,there was no payment,so I started the unpaid item process.After a couple of days,he sent me a message asking me to bear with him,as he still wanted the items.After the unpaid item process had ended,I gave him another couple of days,& then re-listed the items,naming him as a non-payer in all the listings.

He really didn't like that,I got a message straight away accusing me of slander & saying he was reporting me to eBay.He did,& left bad feedback for me,although I don't think he realised you can follow up to bad feedback,I reported him too.This was last weekend,I haven't heard anything from eBay,but I guess there's not much they can do either way  :?

On the flip side telling people that we sunk £230 into the meriva and they ask the usual 'why dont you scrap it/finance a new one etc'.

When people say that sort of thing to me, I have to resist the impulse to shout AND HOW MUCH D'YOU THINK SERVICING AND DEPRECIATION IS ON A NEW *insert vehicle here*

Well, as if things couldn't get any worse. So far I've been turned down for every job I've applied for on the trot including 2 temporary jobs just today. Now I've completely run out of money and now have to face joining all the other dole queue botherers.

I tried so bloody hard to get away from ever going back on the dole but now it seems every bastard company and agency is intent on not employing me which leaves me in the fucking lurch, I've never before found it so hard to find even the shittiest job. I really thought I was getting somewhere and I thought my new experience would count for a lot more than before.

Since coming back here things have just got worse and worse and I reckon they'll get even worse. It certainly won't get better. I want out of here.

FUCK SAKES. :angry:

Oh yeah, and FUCK the 827 Coupe and it's bastard wankering electrics. Sunroof decided not to bother working just as it started pissing down with rain over Walsall so had to pull into the hard shoulder where the lazy-locking decided not to work. Managed to close the sunroof after switching car back on though.

£260??

Did they do a full restoration?

Seriously, if somebody tried charging me that much to service a fiesta things would turn unpleasant.

Got a quote from Lexus for a 100k service on our RX for £1000 not including cambelt and water pump. The use only the finest platinum gossamer oil filters and oil made from unicorn tears. You do get a complimentary coffe and a biscuit, so it's not all bad.

I politely declined.

Anything that begins S, RS, M, or ends AMG attracts specially inflated service charges. When I had my Alpina, though, that was charged as per a standard 5-series - meaning an Inspection 2 service was about £300, rather than the £1050 they'd have charged me for an M5. It was times like that when I was particularly happy about not going down the M-car route.

Ma keeps moaning about location of gas meter. Despite her being the one who let them put it in a stupid position.

So I told her phone Bastard power, tell them you're old n disabled n can't get to the stop tap if there's a leak, n pretty please will they move the whole shebang into a nice meter cupboard outside?

Bastard power suggest if you can't turn the gas off, in the event of a leak you should just leave the property and walk to what you think is outside the blast radius n phone them. Not interested that you can't get to the stop tap. Cunts.

People with electric gates.  I'm a service technician who has to make many house calls to earn my meagre wage.  Appointments are all pre arranged and I'm nearly always on time, plus or minus 5 minutes.  So if I'm due at your house 3pm, why not open the gates ready at five to?  Why make me stop with my R send sticking out on to the bloody highway, wind the window down, still can't reach the sodding intercom, get out of the car, catch me door on your wall, then we still can't hold a conversation over the clattering of my 4 pot diesel. 

Just open the pissing gates please, you know I'm coming.  Oh, and it's two sugars!

The real problem is that you make an appointment for 3pm and turn up at 3pm. They were going to open the gates between 10 -11 am and again at 3.30-4.30 pm in the hope you might come then. You know you should not come when you say you will :-P .

It's a minor point but the self service till in Sainsburys contains a nice polite lady who issues requests in a relaxing, comforting voice.

The B&Q one on the other hand - what an electronic bitch she is! I actually found myself saying "don't you fucking speak to me like that!" to a machine.

Brave New World my arse..........

It's a minor point but the self service till in Sainsburys contains a nice polite lady who issues requests in a relaxing, comforting voice.

The B&Q one on the other hand - what an electronic bitch she is! I actually found myself saying "don't you fucking speak to me like that!" to a machine.

Brave New World my arse..........

I hate all self service tills but the B&Q ones are the very worst.

My one man campaign of refusing to use them in the vain hope they might go away doesn't seem to be working.