The grumpy thread

outlaw118

NEW CAR ALERT

CUL8R Mercedes. My 12 plate C220 CDi Coupe has just gone. This isn't what I'm grumpy about I didn't feel the slightest pang when it went. What I am grumpy about it I spent 180 quid getting the wheels powder coated because of the shit Mercedes diamond cut design all the laquer bubbled up (and okay I did kerb them a bit). The assessor came out and said "these should be diamond cut" that's £85 a wheel charge. What! They're totally mintola and the Mercedes don't sell those wheels diamond cut anymore as tevery one of the they did sell is nowfucked. The fella himself admitted it but said they had to note it down so now I need to appeal it. Wankerz

I've just lost two hours of my life trying to get my head around ferry times, costs and whatnot to Ireland. Then the customer had to change his delivery date - so I had to do it all again. I hope the beer on the boat is good.

Have put the Fiesta on ebay, put a non reserve start price of £300, someone at work has actually offered me £350 but I would rather not sell to a work colleague as it can be a ball ache if things go wrong! I have a few watchers but no bids. I wrote a statement in the advert that I would not end the auction early.

Some local guy messages me asking "high based in stourbridge wats the lowest ull take for fiesta can collect tomorow"[/size], I replied saying I wouldn't end the advert early.

He then sends me another message "how much u want for it matey"[/size], I didn't reply.

Then another message saying he "i understand if ure reserves not met messedge me and ill be happy to make an offer thanks eddie :-D"[/size]

I pointed out that there wasn't a reserve on the car and that there were no bids so there was a chance that one bid would win it!

I then got this reply "175 cash waitin for wen that dosent happen :-P"[/size]

I replied "[/size]I don't think so! A guy at work has offered me £350 for it, certainly won't let it go for less than £300."[/size]

I have been lucky selling cars on ebay so far I have a horrible feeling this may be where my luck is going to run out!

Why I will never sell anything on eBay again. Utter fucktards taking the piss.

I would like to see these fuckwits trying it on in a garage - no doubt they would be encouraged off the premises by a couple of mechanics.

• Like 1

Would like to get rid of wife's 51 plate fiesta ghia zetec.

1.25, 52 k on the clock, arches are starting to bubble but nonetheless exceptional for a 13 year old fiesta. Still got spare key and service books.

An equivalent focus would have at least twice the mileage and probably as much rust - I would like a bigger car for her and don't want to have the fiesta when it is really tatty.

I am being put off by the wastes of skin who would be offering around £400 when it is worth double that - I have no patience and would'nt even be polite to them.

I just sold the fiesta freestyle for 350. 6 months mot and tax out at end of this month. From what i seen £400 seem to be going rate for something not held together with good luck and gaffer tape

I've always found suction bleeders to be fairly useless on older stuff. I think they just suck air in past the seals, especially on wheel cylinders.

I tried to bleed the spongyness out the brakes of the Cortina using a borrowed suction bleeding machine. I now have no brakes.

You must have inadvertantly sucked out the brakes along with the spongyness. Filter the brake fluid that you removed through a pair of tights. Sieve out the spongyness and drop the brakes back into the fluid reservoir.

Job done.

:-)

Those machines suck ass 24-7. When bleeding, are you doing the old pedal down - close bleed nipple - pedal up - open bleed nipple - pedal down - close bleed nipple routine?

Fucking that! Just finish rebuilding the dash after some fancying, I fill the washer bottle snap the cap shut and it falls of the sodding inner wing!!!!! Both screw holes rotten through. Luckily it's not a new inner wing just some patches. But seeing as I'm shite at welding it's a trip to Castleford tomorrow and pulling money from my arse I don't have

post-17845-0-23426600-1398367800_thumb.jpg

Those machines suck ass 24-7. When bleeding, are you doing the old pedal down - close bleed nipple - pedal up - open bleed nipple - pedal down - close bleed nipple routine?

I originally used this technique but my glamours pedal assistant wasn't around this after noon so I thought I'd try this machine. All it did (before it broke) was sook all the brake fluid out the master cylinder as a frothy broth. The brakes are completely shit so I was pretty sure there was more air in their.

Fucking that! Just finish rebuilding the dash after some fancying, I fill the washer bottle snap the cap shut and it falls of the sodding inner wing!!!!! Both screw holes rotten through. Luckily it's not a new inner wing just some patches. But seeing as I'm shite at welding it's a trip to Castleford tomorrow and pulling money from my arse I don't have

Penny washers & bigger bolts are your friend.

• Like 2

I just sold the fiesta freestyle for 350. 6 months mot and tax out at end of this month. From what i seen £400 seem to be going rate for something not held together with good luck and gaffer tape

I would be happy with £350 to £400, not going to accept £175 that's for sure.

To be fair I have not had any issues with selling or buying a car on ebay so far, although I know many have so I am expecting my turn to come!

I originally used this technique but my glamours pedal assistant wasn't around this after noon so I thought I'd try this machine. All it did (before it broke) was sook all the brake fluid out the master cylinder as a frothy broth. The brakes are completely shit so I was pretty sure there was more air in their.

I bought one to bleed the brakes on my old gsxr - it really did work well.

Not tried on the car though.

I think a vac bleeder works ok with calipers. It's wheel cylinders that seem to cause the problems. I nearly always do it as bollo says... assistant needed though.

Tomorrow my 2007 Mondeo Zetec is getting replaced. As it's a modern I've not given it any space on here but it's been a decent reliable bus that's been cheap to run and not been a bad place to spend a shift in. Now because I look after it and pay my bills on time the taxi lease garage have asked me what I fancy as a replacement and would I like to come in and choose a new car giving me first dibs on what they're buying but I really can't get exited about picking a new car. Back when I was growing up we got a new car through the family firm every couple of years and it was a major household event choosing which model, colour and spec, now all I've requested is it not to be a Passat because I don't want a booted saloon, an Insignia because of the restricted rear access especially with my seat back and my only preferences are for an estate or maybe a Galaxy. I used to enjoy changing my car but now I just want tomorrow over with so I can get back to work and on with my life.

I would be happy with £350 to £400, not going to accept £175 that's for sure.

To be fair I have not had any issues with selling or buying a car on ebay so far, although I know many have so I am expecting my turn to come!

I sold mine privately. I wrote that in response to bren who said he wasn't going to deal with people offering 400 when its worth double

Yet another ebay twunt trying to screw me out of 20p. Pair of ordinary purple valve caps: £1.50. Pair of translucent purple: £1.70. Buy the ordinary ones, and add a note "I want the translucent ones m8".

No, you want a kick up the arse for being a tight git. And don't call me m8, you're not caught shoplifting in poundland now.

Its a cut throats industry the old valve cap selling biz and customers KNOW IT.

It's 'only' 20p, but if every mong got 20p off I'd lose £5 an hour. When I've drilled 400 of the bastarding things in a row it's only the money that keeps me sane.

Just returned from hospital AGAIN to have stuff removed from my eyes after only* a 2.5 hour wait. Yes, both of them this time! Despite buying some expensive, well fitting goggles I've somehow managed to get bits in my eyes...one in my left eye which came out with anaesthetic and a cotton bud, but the three in my right eye needed a needle.

All I can think is that there were bits already in the goggles, but can't see why they'd actually embed themselves into my eyeballs. Still, the nice looking Doctor lady was a bonus :-)

Fucking meriva is still pressurising somewhere. Blowing oil out of the dipstick now.

Any good 'stop fucking leaking you twat' or other bollocks I can chuck in that works?

• Like 1

Fucking meriva is still pressurising somewhere. Blowing oil out of the dipstick now.

Any good 'stop fucking leaking you twat' or other bollocks I can chuck in that works?

all voxhalls are shite*