The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Maybe she typed L instead of N, by mistake? 

my wife and I tried watching some Comedy Gala thing on Channel 4. The highly polished crowd seemed to find it hilarious. We just found it noisy and annoying.

I was in the crowd. I can assure you that neither my wife or I had been polished for the occasion.

Backfired on that 'if you don't like it, fuck off' keyboard warrior though, so not all bad news.

• Like 3

post-3625-140255829276_thumb.jpg

Dirty feckin shitehawks. Works really bad for seagulls at the moment and this morning it was my turn to be crapped on, this photo doesn't do it justice, every single panel was covered, it was so embarrassing!

As all the car washes seem to be closed down I've just had to spend a hour washing it before it bakes on , just what you want after a 12 hour night shift.

Pineapplers would pay good money for that patina.

Get trade insurance so you can drive their cars, and they can pay you to get that look. Ergo, problem turned into business opportunity

That 2cv modder sounds like a massive twat, and if he doesnt like that, HE can fuck off.

This is not a restorer's forum but it is an abusive one. If something bothers you don't use the report button. Your attitude is what AS is about!

• Like 3

That 2cv modder sounds like a massive twat, and if he doesnt like that, HE can fuck off.

It's an example of why I just can't handle RR any more. Bloke reads the article and comments that standard paint would be better in his opinion - as a result he gets a bollocking for making a negative comment and the OP gets a bollocking for telling him to mind his own business. What a load of crap.

Meanwhile the 2CV in question continues its slow but inexorable journey towards the weighbridge, which is where it will end up as soon as its new owner either gets fed up with it, or starts a job which turns out to be beyond his skill level. Seen it happen so many times; more often than not on that forum, too.

• Like 2

I don't really go on that forum now as it seems full of sheep.

I would love to win the lottery and go around buying up all the rr so called one off cars and restore them back to original.

Do i now have to post a picture to keep the clique happy?

• Like 1

It's an example of why I just can't handle RR any more. Bloke reads the article and comments that standard paint would be better in his opinion - as a result he gets a bollocking for making a negative comment and the OP gets a bollocking for telling him to mind his own business. What a load of crap.

Meanwhile the 2CV in question continues its slow but inexorable journey towards the weighbridge, which is where it will end up as soon as its new owner either gets fed up with it, or starts a job which turns out to be beyond his skill level. Seen it happen so many times; more often than not on that forum, too.

What I don't understand is the 'lowering', why the fuck does everything have to be lower? Did the makers of the cars not know what they were doing when designing it or something?

• Like 1

I'd be pretty amazed if nobody on here has ever modified a car in some respect.

It seems a lot of posters on RR have neither the skill or money to see things through to fruition.

Which is a shame as there are some decent projects on there. However very little seems to sell, always an offer of a swap, usually an old saab with a knackered engine.

What I don't understand is the 'lowering', why the fuck does everything have to be lower? Did the makers of the cars not know what they were doing when designing it or something?

If you don't lower it, the chassis legs might not bend upwards over time, and you wouldn't end up with this scene stance and mega cool buckled bonnet side plates.

In essence, you would look like all those twats with a straight car, yo.

I never see that this argument has any grounding whatsoever.  Car makers have to make cars full of compromises to appeal to as many people in their intended market as possible.  Some of us prefer not putting up with what the manufacturers tell us we want and make changes to suit ourselves.

• Like 3

I think modifying your car is a cool thing to do and has been done one way or another since the car was invented. My car has been described as being "monged up" on this forum because i've got lowering springs and wide arches on an SD1 car. If I got to car show I can gaurentee there's not one like it and i like that.

If you're all about it being standard that's fine, if your all about making modifications to your car that's fine too in the end we all like car.

Retro rides is much more a victim of its own success than anything else.  If people on here keep having friends it'll happen here too.

• Like 2

I love modified cars, especially nice Hot Rods, Customs, and Leadsleds. I'm not fond of RATLUK, but that's only my personal taste, nothing more.

Unfortunately, a great number of cars worth preserving are ruined by wannabes, who tremendously overestimate their capabilities, though.

It's a pity.

I totally LOVE modding my cars. Generally I replace the holes in the floor with some snappy METAL shizz and maybe change the WHEELARCHES that were originally made of FILLER with more of this metal stuff I have got hold of. If you want to know where to get some let me know!

Turning my attention to the brakes, most cars I have bought have had USELESS and DANGEROUS brake pads that were so thin the car would barely stop. I like to modify these with pads with LOADS of WEAR on them.

Normally I get my cars with this THICK GLOOPY BLACK oil. I like to replace it with some almost opaque stuff which makes the car MORE STREAMLINED!

• Like 11

There is nothing wrong with modifying cars when done well its just that some see well moded cars and try to copy with no knowledge of the fact they are clueless themselves.

Nothing wrong with a bit of modding if it's done properly. The problem with the Blue Forum's "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything" mantra is that it encourages people who lack the talent to do it properly, and the result are bodged, unsafe or illegal cars which only gives more ammo to those who'd want it banned completely. Wasn't there some prat with a Micra who removed the springs completely to get his car lower?

Not that we have many modded cars on here, but I'd say this places offers a fair balance between RR and Barryboys