The grumpy thread

outlaw118

3 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

FFS,

So, I bought a set of VW wheel trims for my Dad's B7 Passat. He's got a set of SERIOUSLY cheap wheel trims on there (just why? FFS) as they have a set of Summer tyres on them.

I bring the set of trims over with me, they were advertised as being 16" and my Dad confirmed his wheels were 16". I get to Brussels and settle in, then next day, I find the set if trims are TOO SMALL 😡 🤬

The tosser who sold them doesn't do returns either.

Fuck cars, seriously. Fuck cars off. 

Surely if they're not as described, or false advertising, then any non return statements are invalid?

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, comfortablynumb said:

Surely if they're not as described, or false advertising, then any non return statements are invalid?

I hope so. I have sent a message. However, my Dad has just opened an account on eBay and we've listed it on there. I can't be arsed and can't sell on eBay after a "disagreement" with them.

4 hours ago, beko1987 said:

My puma did that to me years ago in asda car park. Utterly fine for thousands of miles then we got back to the car with a full load of shopping and coolant everywhere! Big yellow taxi home and fitting it was a twat too iirc, was a bumper off job I think but removing the drivers headlight and some bleeding got it done. 

Good luck! 

Serendipitous day today on this- it’s possible on the Fiesta with only* taking the alternator off. We had considered a headlight removal for access but brute force and ignorance carried the dismantling.

Refit was swift and made sure those effing clips were where they we’re accessible.

Starter motor bolts were utter bastards to  loosen but I was on a roll by then. So we have no leaks and a new starter.

Took it for a spin, first time I have had the privilege* of driving such a beast. Utterly gutless, stops well but, where’s the power???

The back is still not quite good.

It almost never stops raining.

I burned myself on a heat gun.

And the trip I was looking forward to next week looks to be canceled as the Vivaro won't start. I've made a thread on that if anyone can help.

I've just had enough of everything now.

took the C1 front apart to get at the aux belt with a mind to putting the new one on ...

the 14mm nut on the adjuster under the alternator would not shift , I could not get a decent socket on it , one was to short so the rachet hit the pulleys,

the other 14mm socket was too long so the rachet hit the air con pipes  ..  decided the old belt would do for now as it had no cracking on it or worn ribs .

cleaned up and painted some rust patches , put it back together , called it a day .. and squealed the tyres around the Hightown bends ...

will do the oil change some other time .

The loop on the key blade to the Saab snapped off. Can't find the key anywhere. It's the only one I have/had. Not even sure I can get a replacement made up.

Arsebiscuits.

• Sad 2

Seat cover under the seat on the Vespa. What a great idea. If only I remembered to put it over the seat. Wet arse x2 today. Twat. 

15 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

The loop on the key blade to the Saab snapped off. Can't find the key anywhere. It's the only one I have/had. Not even sure I can get a replacement made up.

Arsebiscuits.

Key found thankfully.

The worlds crustiest rrc decides yesterday that it didn't need any nearside lights.

Cue a day of pulling parts of dash and light clusters out , until I got so confused I fitted another single fuse holder, and rewired the bloody thing so it does work

Then it didn't want any numberplate lights, traced to a broken loom on the tailgate. Rewired.

In the meantime the rearmost offside tyre went flat.

Why can't it have one fault at a time,like a normal vehicle.??

Ah, that would be because it isn't one.... 🤦

Brembo Feckin' Brakes.
"Ciao ragazzi,  just for giggles - let's manufacture the brakes for the Sevel Van People. Give them a load of different sizes and then? Stop making them"
"Slendido! That'll teach the Inglese  to remake The Italian Job"**

I'd have thought that getting hold of a genuine calliper for a 2013 Boxer would have been easy? Oooh no - three different combinations of the dual piston sizes. Two different disc diameters. Two different disc widths 🤦‍♂️ . 
Pull the wheel off and get the markings off the calliper - it is discontinued for sure - but every place I speak to tells me that I must have the 24mm wide discs even though the calliper is marked 46/52/28 and the old discs are now down to about 25.5mm and 26mm? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Ended up punting my dosh over to Autodoc as they are the only place that I can find that carries a decent listing of all the sizes (and will do a free return if I pay £3.95 upfront 'just in case') . I think it's taken longer to suss out the correct parts than it will to fit them.......

**n.b. I speak nor type any Italian - I do have a Scottish O Grade in Latin from 1978 which has been very useful* in life so I can pretend that I know that n.b. = nota bene  - so the Faketalian above is down to Google

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Brembo Feckin' Brakes.
"Ciao ragazzi,  just for giggles - let's manufacture the brakes for the Sevel Van People. Give them a load of different sizes and then? Stop making them"
"Slendido! That'll teach the Inglese  to remake The Italian Job"**

I'd have thought that getting hold of a genuine calliper for a 2013 Boxer would have been easy? Oooh no - three different combinations of the dual piston sizes. Two different disc diameters. Two different disc widths 🤦‍♂️ . 
Pull the wheel off and get the markings off the calliper - it is discontinued for sure - but every place I speak to tells me that I must have the 24mm wide discs even though the calliper is marked 46/52/28 and the old discs are now down to about 25.5mm and 26mm? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Ended up punting my dosh over to Autodoc as they are the only place that I can find that carries a decent listing of all the sizes (and will do a free return if I pay £3.95 upfront 'just in case') . I think it's taken longer to suss out the correct parts than it will to fit them.......

**n.b. I speak nor type any Italian - I do have a Scottish O Grade in Latin from 1978 which has been very useful* in life so I can pretend that I know that n.b. = nota bene  - so the Faketalian above is down to Google

I needed a frt hub ( in built wheel bearing) for my 02 Australian ford falcon Ute.

Found seller on eBay in Australia ,pair delivered in five days £150 allin!

Bet that's hard to get bits for M8! Fnar,fnar.

1 minute ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

I needed a frt hub ( in built wheel bearing) for my 02 Australian ford falcon Ute.

Found seller on eBay in Australia ,pair delivered in five days £150 allin!

Bet that's hard to get bits for M8! Fnar,fnar.

Bigg Red are £185 + delivery + finish for a refurb on the pair. So - it's aftermarket we go :-(  -  I would have overhauled them back in the day but I cannot be arsed now.
It's nearly as bad as the Ovlov 940 - I learned there to always seek the free/guaranteed parts return (and ignore any eBay fitment promises)  :-)

It's always a surprise* when a fairly recent model has no parts availability (recent thread on Jaguar XF flexi-brake pipes comes to mind) 

7 minutes ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Have you tried rockauto for Volvo parts ,again delivery from USA is usually less than a week.

Sold the Volvo last year I'm afraid (with completely overhauled front brakes :-)) 
Used Rockauto for Jeep parts about ten years ago, also a 3.2 pezz Musso before that - every place over here was saying that it was either a 2.4 pezz or a 2.9 diesel.
"No, I'm looking at a six cylinder, 200 BHP, pezz MB engined thing with permanent 4WD"
"Don't exist" said the UK
"How many parts can we sell you" said RockAuto

(FourGreen,com were bloody good for Korean parts too but, now, it seems they've gone the way of all flesh)

Go to do cam belt on the Citroen. O/S R punctured/flat. No tools to remove cradle under rear of car in the car. 

IMG_5025.jpeg.4df9ac25f87114b9b892a3ef8a96a1e3.jpeg

try to jack car up and my trolley jack is too tall - it fouls the sump and the subframe.

car is also too low for ramps. 

IMG_5024.jpeg.5e168c96cba2150e1e5428b5ed474d6d.jpeg

I’m probably going to list this without the belt being done. We need the money so if anyone wants a nice little cheap to run and insure city car with a new clutch and working air con let me know.

• Sad 3

I’ve given myself quite a nasty burn today

At my parents house and decided to clean out both the gas fires for them

did the old radiant back boiler fire in the kitchen easily then went on the fake coal fire

spent ages trying to sort out the coals

then noticed it wasn’t burning right and for some stupid reason I stuck my hand in 

while it was lit

and grabbed a fake coal

fuck me it hurt

• Sad 4

Been feeling awful ever since getting back from a festival late Sunday night (note: I stopped drinking on Saturday knowing I'd drive back Sunday) - it's now Tuesday night, I can't stop being a grumpy bastard at work, and can't concentrate enough to do anything properly and as a result I've just caught the zip trying to re-pack my tent and tore a massive hole in the one part of a near £200 tent that isn't available to replace.

• Sad 4

10 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

Go to do cam belt on the Citroen. O/S R punctured/flat. No tools to remove cradle under rear of car in the car. 

IMG_5025.jpeg.4df9ac25f87114b9b892a3ef8a96a1e3.jpeg

try to jack car up and my trolley jack is too tall - it fouls the sump and the subframe.

car is also too low for ramps. 

IMG_5024.jpeg.5e168c96cba2150e1e5428b5ed474d6d.jpeg

I’m probably going to list this without the belt being done. We need the money so if anyone wants a nice little cheap to run and insure city car with a new clutch and working air con let me know.

Details please? 

10 hours ago, Markeh said:

Been feeling awful ever since getting back from a festival late Sunday night (note: I stopped drinking on Saturday knowing I'd drive back Sunday) - it's now Tuesday night, I can't stop being a grumpy bastard at work, and can't concentrate enough to do anything properly and as a result I've just caught the zip trying to re-pack my tent and tore a massive hole in the one part of a near £200 tent that isn't available to replace.

I was renowned for being a grumpy bastard at work, mainly due to the work

The problem there is that you stopped drinking 😁

Mad Jean has invented a way to put royal mail out of business. All you do is write your mad rant as normal, post it on Facebook and include the name of who you want the rant to go to. Facebook will then make sure it's printed out and on their desk first thing to take action.

Deal with it sir. Kier!!!

Screenshot_20240828_092945_Chrome.jpg.dcfc0ccaaa8577da631c3bf0b68d4bff.jpg

Screenshot_20240828_092913_Chrome.jpg.01cda45c37a94ffffbc1a4c3a82791c5.jpg

Screenshot_20240828_093005_Chrome.jpg.083dd59cd9f00263bfd86c844ede9e09.jpg

2 hours ago, jakebullet said:

Mad Jean has invented a way to put royal mail out of business. All you do is write your mad rant as normal, post it on Facebook and include the name of who you want the rant to go to. Facebook will then make sure it's printed out and on their desk first thing to take action.

Think she needs more drugs, not less…..

IMG_3533.jpeg.525353747217c6c0bb9e27c0a8e9c29e.jpeg

going to end up with arthritis or something else from holding this damn phone today

7 different calls to different companies getting all my complaints and moans off my chest trying to sort everything out

excellent isn’t it

yes, I am one of those old fashioned ones who still uses a landline

On 24/08/2024 at 17:09, LightBulbFun said:

so how is your day going?...

IMG_1167.jpeg.cef81d23be3dcce4040615ec096efd40.jpeg

IMG_1168.jpeg.86b1f79ccca4b7abdb79b6554e29fb53.jpeg

What were you drinking btw? Looks like old EP90.

I'd love Sports Direct to bring out an entire crockery set, or even a Batchelor special with 1 mug, 1 plate, 1 bowl etc.

5 hours ago, jakebullet said:

What the fuck was all that??

I bet some git from on here will now go and find that profile and try and add her...

3 minutes ago, Pieman said:

What the fuck was all that??

I bet some git from on here will now go and find that profile and try and add her...

We hardly need to, we get a blow by blow account posted here already. 😂

17 hours ago, Markeh said:

Was that Reading?  One of the girls at work went and she's come back feeling rough as a badger's arse.

58 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Was that Reading?  One of the girls at work went and she's come back feeling rough as a badger's arse.

Nah, a smaller one, although I am still feeling rough and sore a few days later I have to admit.