The grumpy thread

outlaw118

6 minutes ago, sdkrc said:

IMG_20240707_113113_687.jpg.bcdb78a08f95feede7254ea5d110423a.jpg

Found a lil bag'o'coke on the road this morning on my run. Friendly reminder to always log your Columbian marching powder before and after a night out to avoid any mishaps like this

Could have been anyone, I guess. 

C17LWg4XUAAqJZe.jpg.bd6195664c20066810837b1441655633.jpg

Could whatever virus I have please fuck off now, thanks?

Tuesday to Friday last week, felt like shite, signed off work.

Felt better over the weekend.

I managed an hour at work this morning and could barely stand up straight. I now have a phone appointment with my GP sometime between 1-6pm! Useful.

47 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Could whatever virus I have please fuck off now, thanks?

Tuesday to Friday last week, felt like shite, signed off work.

Felt better over the weekend.

I managed an hour at work this morning and could barely stand up straight. I now have a phone appointment with my GP sometime between 1-6pm! Useful.

You managed to get past the receptionist head consultant, which is something 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 05/07/2024 at 20:45, EyesWeldedShut said:

Two houses ago the doorbell rang when we were in your situation. Our buyer in a state:
"My lawyer says he's still waiting on the copy of the plans for your extension"
"Oh, I dropped them off to their office THREE weeks ago"  (local family firm)
"Really?"
"Yes - here, have another copy - you can drop them in yourself tomorrow"
The guy was a really nice bloke - he stomped off with a sheaf of papers in his hand and a glint in his eye.

We exchanged and completed on the same day about a week later.

My Dad had one a decade ago when trying to sell.

The buyer had agreed to purchase, wheels were in motion.  They went to India for a month to see family.  No problem.

Two months later, complete radio silence.  Solicitors contacted, etc. confirmation that buyer had received messages asking for contact.  Nothing.

Dad pulls the sale.  That night, the buyer turns up at the door step ranting and raving telling my Dad how angry was that he'd pulled the rug.  I think my Dad's words were something like

'Maybe you should have the common fucking courtesy to communicate.  Now fuck off and if you have any questions, ask your solicitor'.

Sold the house to a neighbour about a month later with absolutely no issues whatsoever.  They're still there.

13 hours ago, sdkrc said:

Found a lil bag'o'coke on the road this morning on my run. Friendly reminder to always log your Columbian marching powder before and after a night out to avoid any mishaps like this

You broke your 5K record this morning, right?

14 hours ago, sdkrc said:

3 randoms please. 

3 hours ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

My Dad had one a decade ago when trying to sell.

The buyer had agreed to purchase, wheels were in motion.  They went to India for a month to see family.  No problem.

Two months later, complete radio silence.  Solicitors contacted, etc. confirmation that buyer had received messages asking for contact.  Nothing.

Dad pulls the sale.  That night, the buyer turns up at the door step ranting and raving telling my Dad how angry was that he'd pulled the rug.  I think my Dad's words were something like

'Maybe you should have the common fucking courtesy to communicate.  Now fuck off and if you have any questions, ask your solicitor'.

Sold the house to a neighbour about a month later with absolutely no issues whatsoever.  They're still there.

That's how things in life go with me in general - it's always me making an effort with everybody else, never seems to be the other way round.

Then people ask why I've been quiet and haven't talked to them.  Friendships work two ways, you selfish fuckwits!

38 minutes ago, Pieman said:

That's how things in life go with me in general - it's always me making an effort with everybody else, never seems to be the other way round.

Then people ask why I've been quiet and haven't talked to them.  Friendships work two ways, you selfish fuckwits!

Sounds familiar.

I've let a few friendships "lapse" like that because, quite simply, fuck 'em.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Mrs. has discovered today she has covid. Last time she convinced herself she "nearly died", when it's was more like bad cold. So mega upset that she's about to croak any minute now.

Bonus am I lucky?, as I spent the day there yesterday. Testing negative so far, but nose feels dodgy. But also hay fever season.

On 04/07/2024 at 10:30, ruffgeezer said:

Someone posted on here recently about fixing a Berlingo or Partner with the wanky auto box as a non start, and I now cannot find it!

That was me…

21 hours ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Tell that to my mate who's mother ( late 20's) dropped his two daughters 5&6 for there regular visit 3 months ago & has gone off with boyfriend  & has now decided to play housey with him the other side of town, only communication "I can't cope with them" .

Must be ok as her mother did same with her & when contacted during search said she'll be ok & anyway I've no time to help I'm gunna the Costas next week!

That's a sad situation but I'm guessing she's not been posting that meme on facebook

21 hours ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Tell that to my mate who's mother ( late 20's) dropped his two daughters 5&6 for there regular visit 3 months ago & has gone off with boyfriend  & has now decided to play housey with him the other side of town, only communication "I can't cope with them" .

Must be ok as her mother did same with her & when contacted during search said she'll be ok & anyway I've no time to help I'm gunna the Costas next week!

That's a sad situation but I'm guessing she's not been posting that meme on facebook

Some eBay seller is harassing me and making abusive phone calls because I left them a neutral feedback, after they badgered me to leave a positive review, phoning me up and sending eBay messages.

Don't like these people having my address and phone number, should I be worried? They're not local.

On 06/07/2024 at 07:30, Dyslexic Viking said:

It's now summer so Norway is being invaded by Germans which is fine enough but going on holiday with a freaking tractor is not fine. 

This bellow caused complete chaos on one of our main roads yesterday. This should be illegal. And the driver must be a really selfish bastard to think this is okay.Screenshot2024-07-0607_28_52.png.da9215701103347dcaea8b6058e2037d.png

Dose Germany still do Top Gear?

On 07/07/2024 at 20:38, sheffcortinacentre said:

Your mate's mother is in her late 20s and your mate has a 6 year old child?  Early starters in that family one assumes...

3 hours ago, fairkens said:

Probably not, I replied more to do with the "no one hates there kids" post.

A mate had a neighbour who upto here daughter finally being taken in to care circa 10 years old could be regularly heard through the wall screaming abuse  etc  that the child ( from being baby) was the source of all her problems ,hated her & far worse.

As usual social services would have none of it as the mother was always sweetness & light in public.

The poor child was finally taken off her after attacking other pupils & biting  atleast one member of staff at several schools.

Obviously non of this was the mothers fault & her main complaints afterwards were all the benefits she no longer was getting.

So don't always think everyone their kids just by what you see on the surface.

13 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Your mate's mother is in her late 20s and your mate has a 6 year old child?  Early starters in that family one assumes...

Yep,

Ment their late 20's & the earent mothers mother( maternal grandmother) had done the same  thing when growing up so didn't care that she'd dumped her kids too.

Easier to say than write.

16 minutes ago, MrGTI6 said:

This confused me too. It would mean she became a grandmother at no older than 23. 

Does she live on Albert Square or is she a hamster? 

No ex chav I think but deadenders was probably her lifestyle guide.

1 hour ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Probably not, I replied more to do with the "no one hates there kids" post.

A mate had a neighbour who upto here daughter finally being taken in to care circa 10 years old could be regularly heard through the wall screaming abuse  etc  that the child ( from being baby) was the source of all her problems ,hated her & far worse.

As usual social services would have none of it as the mother was always sweetness & light in public.

The poor child was finally taken off her after attacking other pupils & biting  atleast one member of staff at several schools.

Obviously non of this was the mothers fault & her main complaints afterwards were all the benefits she no longer was getting.

So don't always think everyone their kids just by what you see on the surface.

That just adds further fuel to my belief that in the eyes of social services, women can do no wrong. 😠 

Yep ,they can be just as bad if not worse, also as said earlier why do people get themselves in this situation for want of contraception especially this century.

I haz covid. Second time the mrs has managed to zap me. So much for she doesn't touch door handles.

• Sad 3

Got some new wipers for the Princess.  Sometimes, the new wipers have the proper plastic inserts for side-peg wiper arms, sometimes they don't.  This time they didn't.  No bother, I'll swap the plastic insert off the old wipers on to the ne-SNAP

Heck.

Wrapped it in red electrical tape as that's the only thing I had to hand to hold the blade on and so far it's fine.  Anyone got any spare side-peg compatible plastic inserts for wiper blades?

Yet another bug has caught me . I called my recently merged GP surgery and found I was 30th in the queue but was surprisingly  offered an appointment at noon,  it was a strange consultation where the guy managed 9 words in the 10 awkward minutes we sat there 

" I think you have infection" 

"I've sent it down"  

I was able to cleverly deduce from this that I have a ripper of a chest infection and  he'd sent a prescription for antibiotics the the pharmacy downstairs !  

Why waste words 😂

• Like 2

our GP if you get through seconds after it opens you get the obligatory no appointments avl ( sure it's the dhss woman from bread granddaughter)  if your not lucky enough! To get through you just get cut off as queue is to big for system.

22 hours ago, vulgalour said:

Got some new wipers for the Princess.  Sometimes, the new wipers have the proper plastic inserts for side-peg wiper arms, sometimes they don't.  This time they didn't.  No bother, I'll swap the plastic insert off the old wipers on to the ne-SNAP

Heck.

Wrapped it in red electrical tape as that's the only thing I had to hand to hold the blade on and so far it's fine.  Anyone got any spare side-peg compatible plastic inserts for wiper blades?

Got a picture of the type you need? Have a literal box of spare wiper fittings at work from universal kits... 'theyll come in handy one day' ... :)

There's a distinct sound of a bearing failure coming from my air purifier. Something* tells me these are not made to be replaceable and you just junk the entire unit. I'll try opening it up to check later and see if silicon lube can shut it up, but I really didn't plan on replacing these after 3 years or so. 🙄

Put the oven on, chopping veg, heard a loud clanking and saw the fan in the oven going round like a fucking Catherine wheel. Stopped it and the inside is now all blue!?

PXL_20240710_154904134.jpg

4 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Got a picture of the type you need? Have a literal box of spare wiper fittings at work from universal kits... 'theyll come in handy one day' ... :)

Not of the ones on the car, I don't want to try and remove them for fear of them exploding and leaving me wiperless.  Not usually a concern in July but this year is intent on being broken in the weather department. Second from the left in the photo below is the type I'm after if you have them.

113-1033-wiper-blade-adapter-kit.jpg.13fe5604fd56d5375ebd6d2bd6e4d1ad.jpg