Chodmolestedly - 20th September Chumley Castle... bad news folks.... ?

brownnova

With the advent of this pesky virus I for one have been missing things such as car shows, Cannock chod-fests and random meet ups.

Employing my crystal ball I’m hoping that maybe, just maybe, Chumley will be on as the date is mid September. If kids can go back ‘safely’ to a school full of kids then I’m sure an outdoor car show will be fine. Fingers crossed.

For the new and uninitiated, Chumley Castle car show is a staple of the AS calendar where we bring down the tone of a proper car show by entering rusty Renault 4s, deteriorating Dacias and crumbling Cadillacs (being literally pushed) into the show ring.  The commentator makes for hilarious listening, although we’re usually placed so far away from the ring we can’t hear him.

Any way who’s in for Chumley this year... if it goes ahead? 

• Like 2

Yes please, Alex.

The BL Day looks to be going ahead in Gaydon in September too, so I'd be surprised if Chod'ley didn't too

• Like 2

Ok a list then! I’ll check out the tickets as there is interest. 

1. Brownnova 
2. Clayts.  
3. Wack

If I do it, I'll be alone and camping, because we'll just be back from France and won't be able to stay at my uncle's the night before

I will be in a 205 though

I'm in!

@Smoll Floatylight and I had a brilliant idea of entering the ring with a full row of cars and all diving out simultaneously to mock buff them with microfiber cloths..

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

It's 130 miles each way for me.  I like this show, it's a lovely place and you do get a splendid cross-section of cars.  Last time I went, Huggy memorably required a push (thank you everyone) but that shouldn't happen again.  BUT... even if Huggy is going to be fit this time, I don't think I'm up to it.  Best count me out, sorry.

367803141_Camdump1349.thumb.jpg.d170bdb5c149e11108eaa5e26758d180.jpg

Is there a good car-sleeping spot nearby? Does anyone have a (quiet) bit of grass I could bivvy bag in?

If it's on, I'm in, better sort the handbrake on the second best 405 and Chuck it in for an MOT before that, something I'm failing terribly at at the moment.

• Like 1