eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

27 minutes ago, Wilko220 said:

To celebrate page 7,000, here's an apparently super-rare version of the C5, in case any Citroen lickers are interested. Not cheap for a 12-year-old car though.

Picture 1 of 20

CITROEN C5 EXCLUSIVE 3.0 HDi V6 240bhp ESTATE TOURER - AUTOMATIC - 2011MY RARE ! | eBay

£8k... I mean rare doesn’t always equate to valuable. It’s a car few people will have heard of let alone want, it’s also at the age that it’s one impossible to resolve fuck up from the scrapyard. 

1 hour ago, Wilko220 said:

To celebrate page 7,000, here's an apparently super-rare version of the C5, in case any Citroen lickers are interested. Not cheap for a 12-year-old car though.

Picture 1 of 20

CITROEN C5 EXCLUSIVE 3.0 HDi V6 240bhp ESTATE TOURER - AUTOMATIC - 2011MY RARE ! | eBay

That's been for sale for ages, he's never going to move it at that money.  There was a V6 saloon on there a couple of months back for £3K and even that took a long time to shift.

57 minutes ago, Hertz said:

This looks lovely despite the miles.

https://www.carandclassic.com/l/C1652878

2003-rover-75-connoisseur-653b076367339.jpg

I love how the advert extolls the virtues of the Bentley Continental as being only just superior to a high mile diesel manual 75. Absolutely lovely colour and sensible price too. 277k isn't an issue of one of these, a very long lived and robust engine.

17 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I thought Brightwells sold decent tackle, looks like 80% of the last few posts from there are just end of life old bangers. 

They are having a very mixed bag in their 'classic' auctions these days.  I think they are also more frequent? Certainly, pre-COVID, they tended to have more proper classics in really good nick rather than a lot of average stuff.
The X1/9 in the 25th Oct sale was in very good nick - bodywork and chassis. That's the only one I really poked around at. Proper classics like the 1924 Vauxhall are not my bad so I skipped those. Ditto most of the Land Rover stuff altho' I do wonder if I should have stuck a late bid on the Freelander 1 as it was a very clean car (but I was working Wed. night so probably saved myself some money and ire of t'wife).
The results are on their website now and a lot of the stock is marked 'not sold'. Some of it was in the previous sale so is likely to hang around on site in the big shed until the next sale.

Their 'everyday' car sales have the usual ex-gov, ex-police, ex-ambulance stuff but seem to be getting in some dealer part-ex and similar. Prices there are all over the place but I'm not inclined to drive all the way there (60 miles so a min of 90 minutes) just to kick a few tyres unless there something I really fancy.

5 hours ago, Wilko220 said:

Picture 1 of 20

The advert says Just Reduced by £2000 . It was even more over priced that the over priced  price now.

Scenes of crime-y looking Wolsely Six, anyone?

@keef

Picture 1 of 6

Wolseley Six Auto 1973 45k - Walkd Around Video | eBay

'A dank, miserable uninhabitable shit tip full of broken glass and bio-hazards that's marked as contaminated. But that's enough about Bradford, here's my Wolseley 6.. '

15 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

The advert says Just Reduced by £2000 . It was even more over priced that the over priced  price now.

The best that can be said about it is that at least it's not as stupidly overpriced as this one... CITROEN C5 EURO 6 EXCLUSIVE BLUE HDI TECHNO PACK 2016 65000m - ESTATE - £35 TAX | eBay

Maybe the TECHNO PACK comes with a premium.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202106163872272

Screenshot_20231027-164550.thumb.png.c0649d9d28be5a7f45eb764af4573252.png

"V5 PRESENT has 3 OWNERS with SERVICE HISTORY 8 STAMPS in the BOOK 2 MAIN DEALER STAMPS & MOT till 21st JANUARY 2022. *MOT EXPIRED* MOT FAILED * SELLING AS IS * , Next MOT due 21/01/2022, Good bodywork, Beige Full leather interior - Good Condition, Tyre condition Good, Metallic BLUE, 3 owners, SECURE this CAR with a DEPOSIT - VIEWINGS STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT - * PART EXCHNAGE YOUR OLD CAR *, £1,000"

Given why it failed,

Screenshot_20231027-164933.thumb.png.7d5ba6030c277d1ca42a381e4e966482.png

Wonder if they would px it for a used bean can?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202310213216439

37e14d204cda437e838beac503f81edb.jpg.3966ce5f671a78ba1f95879508d27f44.jpg

There are 2 error signs on the dash: the engine one is a usual Volkswagen engine thing, most cars from those years will have those on; then the airbag light came after I switched off the front passenger seat airbag as I had to put a child seat there and had to turn off. Anyone knowing these cars will know that those do not affect either the mot or safety. Honest people looking for a decent runner that does over 50 mpg in town and not being fussed about the dash lights will buy.

Obviously I'm not an "honest person"

3 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Have we had this yet? Very clean looking low mileage Sigma with a manual, offers...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/231484979939748/?ref=facebook_story_share

Screenshot_2023-10-27-19-34-11-168_com.facebook.katana-edit.jpg

I do not think that has crossed our path(s). You could, possibly, kind of, maybe argue that this is close to @HMC who appears to be making room in his stable for a new pony?
'Tis a rarity tbh