Currently losing my mind over the BEDFORD KB

Split_Pin

I too remember an early which knocked around the village I grew up in, probably mid 1980s. It confused me at the time because it didn't look like the later ones which were moderately common at the time.

ESL470V was definitely a pre-facelift one. The claim of it being the first in Scotland is unlikely if they had been on the market for four years by then but maybe there wasn't much call for that sort of thing. 

I have vague memories of these things existing and looking pretty decrepit in the 1990s, never seen the earlier type though. Even the Bravas are getting thin on the ground nowadays.

I have memories of my late uncle piloting one of these(column change gearshift?) up the unopened and mostly untarred Glenluce bypass in the 80s with a young me sat in the bed in a mixture of fear and terror.

• Like 1

I remember the odd second generation one around Herefordshire in the late 1980s but never knew they sold the early ones as Bedfords as well.

There’s a dark blue Vauxhall Brava running around Cheltenham on an L plate, it is in damn good condition, original paintwork and very little rust, even the pickup bed is solid. Owned by a tiny backstreet garage which also ran a white Metro van a few years ago.

I remember a neighbour had (I presume) a later one with the square front years ago. The bed must have rotted out as it appeared one day with the whole back end rebuilt with wood.

• 3 months later...

There were TONS of these the time I went to Malta, a couple of years ago.

Actually Feb 2010. FFS

• Like 1

Back in the late 1980s the local country park had one for the park wardens to use. It had an interesting life, including ending up in the lake (it survived). While the warden was having words with some youths about their rowdy behaviour some of their mates let the brake off. The other warden had a deterrent to such actions as his Rottweiler used to sit in the cab guarding it. It did rot like anything and was replaced with a Land Rover, as of course they are not prone to rotting when dipped in a lake.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Anyone else watching this?

I have an itchy finger. I also have a twitchy bumhole about the state of my bank account though! 

IMG_0636.png.ccce903b23d51276e79fc20ca3915e4c.png

36 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

Five minutes to run and sitting at three bags. Thats me done for! 

Stop being mard and get it bought. That'd suit you down to the ground for work and you know it 😜 

• Haha 1