What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

"We know he broke some part of the Federal Aviation Act, and as soon as we decide which part it is, some type of charge will be filed. If he had a pilot's license, we'd suspend that, but he doesn't."

😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, NorthernMonkey said:

Just glanced at the CCTV in the office and noticed mine is the only thing in the car park with any colour!

IMG_4695.jpeg.bf0d9584a09d6e6f861d6ff7cf40e27a.jpeg

Although tbf, three more of those vehicles are mine too…as long as my landlord isn’t on here on which case I’ve never seen them before, Drew…

When my (now ex) husband and I were living in Switzerland, he had a ‘mid-life crisis’ and got a Porsche 911 (actually, he was going to get a Boxster but I said ‘man up - if you want a Porsche, get a real Porsche and that’s how we got the 911). But, I digress..

One winter day, I decided to take it into town to meet a friend. I noticed it was sluggish backing out of the garage. Then, when I hit the accelerator to go forward just…..nothing.

It kind of crept forward about 10 kph, not the response you’d expect from fine German engineering!

The garage came and loaded it up to check out the problem. They called about an hour later:

Mechanic - ‘Your accelerator cable was stripped and the cable housing was eaten - probably by weasels. Happens a lot here in winter, there’s some sugar or something in that material they eat when the weather gets cold.’

Me - ‘Well, that’s interesting - how much is this ‘fun’ going to cost me?’

Mechanic - ‘Oh, nothing! Your insurance policy covers ‘weasel’ damage. We’ll have it fixed and back over there this afternoon. No charge.’

So, that’s how I found out I’d purchased an insurance policy with a ‘weasel clause.’ Definitely the weirdest insurance I’ve ever bought!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Joey spud said:

FB_IMG_1719993603691.jpg.80fdc676ccb4733a5fbff3ace81e0b16.jpg

FB_IMG_1719993613256.jpg.a334ef09bd512d3643fd62bb5b363f7c.jpg

In a world of bland cars this 1934 Morris 10/4 is just perfect.

I really need something like this in my life.

Apart from the tyres - what is the spare supposed to fit?

Been keeping my eye on the rental market and spotted a place that had a Xantia in the driveway.  On opening the listing I found out it was the only photo.

673b218f750e3338b0e85f310aca782ad0122d42.jpg.cb4f4190cec2be98c2292400e8aed83c.jpg

There's lazy, and then there's using a single 17 year old photograph to advertise your rental property lazy.

If you're curious, here's the listing: https://mason.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/59691170/

3 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

Been keeping my eye on the rental market and spotted a place that had a Xantia in the driveway.  On opening the listing I found out it was the only photo.

673b218f750e3338b0e85f310aca782ad0122d42.jpg.cb4f4190cec2be98c2292400e8aed83c.jpg

There's lazy, and then there's using a single 17 year old photograph to advertise your rental property lazy.

If you're curious, here's the listing: https://mason.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/59691170/

Estate agents being economical with the truth- I’m shocked.

IMG_1290.jpeg

41 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I'm a few days late, yeah, but it's weird seeing my car on a calendar.

20240703_202542.jpg.e38757c996fe8ca58116a2dc1b66cc97.jpg

I could be mistaken but I think it looks like it's on the back of a recovery truck to me, M7 :)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I could be mistaken but I think it looks like it's on the back of a recovery truck to me, M7 :)

Ahhh so that's what that is... I thought it was a means to summon @Cavcraft.

19 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

TBF there aren't many calendar pics with a Big Taxi involved. Well done @AnnoyingPentium

Almost makes the actions required for the shot worth it... unless you're @PicantoJon, mind you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Mrs just left for work.

She works for a school uniform company. After work she's going to a school for some random bollocks about new uniforms.

She won't be home until 7 🤣