What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

13 hours ago, GeordieInExile said:

This took a LOT of grunting, swearing and removed skin... But the C6 is officially compatible with the car seat I've bought. 

IMG20240501201847.jpg

I am not completely surprised that a single car seat is able to fit in a huge barge. 

Sincerely,

Three kids and tiny cars all round 

3 minutes ago, loserone said:

I am not completely surprised that a single car seat is able to fit in a huge barge. 

Sincerely,

Three kids and tiny cars all round 

It's not the size of the car, it's that the Isofix mounting points are buried right in the seat and are an absolute pain to locate. 

• Like 2

Being behind a shop counter , you get to  see some really strange people ... I have seen some things in my life but ... !! 

YouTube has just recommended me a video on how to make TNT. Has the algorithm been following my problems with the floppytop gearbox?

So clearly the soundproofing in Turkish hotel rooms needs some work.

While I think the performance of Lauryn Hill's "Doo Wop (That Thing)" by the people in the apartment above mine this afternoon was acceptable, I'm quite sure their rather vocal shag this morning isn't something they thought they were sharing with the surrounding apartments.

Got an X trail with non functioning AC 

Found one of those AC re-gas kits 

Put it in, no leaks and it only works, it's freezing in here, actually colder than the freezing outside 

12 hours ago, Wack said:

Screenshot_20240504_225154_Photos.jpg.a87add7bd315c825bb525f7eeb41b37c.jpg

Do you also have a shower before eating anything that says “wash before eating”, or have a mild fit before opening the ketchup “shake before use”?

Just fired up my new phone, Google Pixel 7a. Getting a decent 5g signal and 300mbps 😁

• Like 1

in a bird hide by the lake with 3 older women , ages like 70 or so  , we all know each other .. 

when the oldest suddenly chirped up ... in her yorkshire accent 

I am bleeding knackered ...

er why we all ask....

I have been on the roof this morning doing the ridge tiles and the cement was heavy.... cant trust builders to do it properly .

we were all in stitches  ..  

reminded me of Rod Hull ..

Found this t'other day - it's a small birds nest (likely from last year) that's been blown out of a tree.
I've never seen one like it - lichen interleaved with a sheep wool topping. Not a twig in sight.

IMG_2880.JPEG

3 hours ago, MikeR said:

in a bird hide by the lake with 3 older women , ages like 70 or so  , we all know each other .. 

when the oldest suddenly chirped up ... in her yorkshire accent 

I am bleeding knackered ...

er why we all ask....

I have been on the roof this morning doing the ridge tiles and the cement was heavy.... cant trust builders to do it properly .

we were all in stitches  ..  

reminded me of Rod Hull ..

Yeabut, she came down safely! Proper stock.

Lol at mat and clarkson in norway

They did the race round ice rink racing speed skater theyre now outside and may us in frozen lake and i didnt know you could do an understeer drift in a disco 4

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

Lol at mat and clarkson in norway

They did the race round ice rink racing speed skater theyre now outside and may us in frozen lake and i didnt know you could do an understeer drift in a disco 4

Is English your first language?

• Haha 2

Seems the best place to put this.

Tiny Miss F is with us on a trip to Australia.

We have just arrived this evening.

On the drive from airport to hotel, a voice pipes up from the back seat.

"Are you not allowed boomerangs here?"
A confused what from Mrs F and myself.
"That sign, it says no boomerangs".
What sign?
"There's another sign"
Tiny Miss F's no boomerang sign.

1711717404571.png

it was drifto practice day down at teeside autodrome and, as i was unusually not working on a bank holiday, i went for a look.

verdict these guys are all nutters !

there was a wide range of experience and talent but it made for entertaining viewing 

the lad in the white bm making all the smoke managed an impressive lap with his open bonnet pressed hard against the windscreen - i guess it matters less when you’re going sideways !

IMG_7013.jpeg.6e6607594e303e23b568f99c7ae99a9c.jpeg

i sent a couple of video clips to @DVee8 and son who immediately jumped in the car to come and join me :) 

we watched the end of the session, which featured a couple of exciting interactions with the tyre walls, fortunately no harm done then went for a blast along some excellent back roads i’d recently discovered.

and home in time for a top notch burger courtesy of mrsdvee8 and her barbecue skills. i like these bank holidays now :) 

wanted to see deacon blue but the last time i looked not long ago i saw one english gig then they did oz for a bit

looked again and apart from an italian gig (!) theyre doing uk in the summer

the ones i could make - invernessshire :D

then saw a dublin and was upset that it was on a friday  (of the bank holiday) in august

i go to usa from dublin :D that weekend :D i have the friday off the flights 2pm on the saturday :D

theyre gonna be asked if i can skip the manc part of the flight and turn up in dub for the connection