What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I ordered some brackets for a timber gazebo I'm making earlier today for click and collect from Toolstation. I was queuing for 5-10 minutes and the lady asked for my surname. She explained that I hadn't ordered anything so I showed her the email on my phone. She said you're in the wrong shop love.... I was in ScrewFix 😂

15 minutes ago, Tenmil Socket said:

I ordered some brackets for a timber gazebo I'm making earlier today for click and collect from Toolstation. I was queuing for 5-10 minutes and the lady asked for my surname. She explained that I hadn't ordered anything so I showed her the email on my phone. She said you're in the wrong shop love.... I was in ScrewFix 😂

I have also done that!

1 hour ago, Tenmil Socket said:

I had a bloke come in to halfords years ago kicking and screaming about his satnav not working right. Absolutely red in the face ranting about it at me over the counter. Basically it would be about 20 yards wrong when saying " you have reached your destination" like every sat nav was then and still is. He was a pizza delivery driver and just pulled up when it said "your destination is on the left" expected it to pinpoint the exact individual houses at night, so he would just get out and knock on the house door without even checking the number

"I'VE PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THIS AND IT'S MADE ME LOOK LIKE A PRICK A LOAD OF TIMES, WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?"

Nothing mate, this is Halfords. You're waving a receipt from Currys at me!

On 11/7/2020 at 8:48 PM, Tenmil Socket said:

For years I thought Screwfix was an internet dating site.

On 11/7/2020 at 9:42 PM, cobblers said:

I had a bloke come in to halfords years ago kicking and screaming about his satnav not working right. Absolutely red in the face ranting about it at me over the counter. Basically it would be about 20 yards wrong when saying " you have reached your destination" like every sat nav was then and still is. He was a pizza delivery driver and just pulled up when it said "your destination is on the left" expected it to pinpoint the exact individual houses at night, so he would just get out and knock on the house door without even checking the number

"I'VE PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THIS AND IT'S MADE ME LOOK LIKE A PRICK A LOAD OF TIMES, WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?"

Nothing mate, this is Halfords. You're waving a receipt from Currys at me!

Was Currys about 20 yards away? 

9 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Is it my imagination, or does former FA chairman Greg Clarke look a bit like actor John Henshaw?

20201111_200023.thumb.jpg.6da518f53d19fd872a0c8a65893331f8.jpg

1610800579_JohnHenshawLookingEricUKPremiereAfterpartyiNVar9fWgLdl.jpg.bd0a555bf84e44271097feb31673c36f.jpg

Could they possibly be related? I think we should be told....

Looks a bit like the tall bloke from Taskmaster, in that photo anyway; not so much on the news, he just looked like a cutprice Ron Atkinson which as he's a racist dinosaur is exactly what he is.

14 Logical reasons why Some guys Have Dogs And not Wives:

1. The later you are, the more excited your dog is to see you.

2. Dogs don't notice if you call them by another dog's name.

3. Dogs like it if you leave lots of things on the floor.

4. Dogs' parents never visit.

5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.

6. You never have to wait for a dog; they're ready to go, instantly, 24 hours a day.

7. Dogs find you amusing when you're pissed.

8. Dogs like to go hunting and fishing.

9. Dogs won't wake you up at night to ask: "If I died, would you get another dog?"

10. If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and sell 'em.

11. When you drop a silent one, dogs don't run around frantically with room spray.

12. Dogs never tell you to stop scratching your balls. Instead, they sit pondering why you don't lick 'em.

13. If a dog smells another dog on you, it won't kick you in the crotch; it just finds it interesting.
And last, but not least:

14. If a dog runs off and leaves you, it won't take half your stuff.

To verify these statements:
Lock your wife and your dog in the garage for an hour.
Then open the door, and observe who's happy to see you!