Worst bodge you've seen

sierraman

My brothers house has two rooms that have been knocked into one.. 

On the floor where the wall had been was a nicely finished strip of wood that sat an inch proud. After several trips and stubbed toes he deicided it had to go, but when he prized it up, it has been hollowed out and there was a gas pipe running across the floor underneath it. 

He put it back down again! 

Friend of ours had a top floor flat in Bristol back in the late 90's and it had one of those chopper mulch things for the bog.

If you flushed the pan you had to wait for the mulcher to stop else the water coming out of the faucet in the sink had about 90 volts on it.

That was great

7 hours ago, Timewaster said:

My brothers house has two rooms that have been knocked into one.. 

On the floor where the wall had been was a nicely finished strip of wood that sat an inch proud. After several trips and stubbed toes he deicided it had to go, but when he prized it up, it has been hollowed out and there was a gas pipe running across the floor underneath it. 

He put it back down again! 

Par for the course.

I was working as a valeter at a Mercedes Dealer years ago. An a used salesman's got completely done over on a trade in.

A guy turned up one Friday afternoon in a K reg Audi 90 Cabriolet in Black. He was interested in a used Silver CLK on the Forecourt.

He wanted to take it there and then as is for cash and a px on the Audi. 

Salesman was only to keen to boast his sales figures. So took the Audi round the block etc. An all seamed fine so a deal was done.

The Salesman then decided he'd take the Audi home for the weekend, instead of his company car. As he planned on taking his Girlfriend away to a swanky Hotel that night.

Expect the Audi and they never made it. Engine imploded on the M'way as it turned out the previous owner had filled it with 20w50 to hide the knocking and his lead foot did the rest. Oh and the gearbox was full of sawdust. 

Surprisingly too they never heard off the previous owner about how he got on with the CLK. 

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, bunglebus said:

N/S wiper arm on the FIL's Vitara had loads of play. Seems to be a common fault, spindle is pressed into the linkage arm and somehow gets loose.

This is a previous repair attempt

20231030_124930.thumb.jpg.0e765ea8af57f84f38c8dc1038ca7e30.jpg

It's that shit that it still moves, as the welds don't penetrate at all.

Here's how it should look

20231030_184730.jpg

That’s bloody awful! So bad it’s comical. I can sort of see where they were going with the bird poo welds (if that is what it is!?) but wtf is the screw doing!?

31 minutes ago, danthecapriman said:

That’s bloody awful! So bad it’s comical. I can sort of see where they were going with the bird poo welds (if that is what it is!?) but wtf is the screw doing!?

I think that was the first attempt to fix the two parts in place - I'm not convinced they took the arm off the rest of the linkage (I did it by accident) so they would have had terrible access to it

IMG-20231030-WA0003.jpeg

A thread about builders on another part of the forum made me remember this gem - I may have mentioned this before so bear with me.

My first job after leaving school - boss had a builder in for odd jobs. He was shit - like O'Reilly from Fawlty Towers.

One occasion he was paid to brick up a doorway to an office. He did the job and left.

I was using a press and could see into the office with the doorway that had been bricked up. Boss was going ballistic to the foreman. Boss then left.

Foreman, who had started laughing gestured for me to come in.

I went in and he said " Look at that" pointing to the freshly bricked up doorway.

Builder hadn't even trimmed the carpet.

He had laid the bricks on it.