sierraman

Worst bodge you've seen

Many moons ago, a mate of mine had a Renault 16 with a knocking bottom end..........advised him to bung some Wynn's snake oil in it, and retard the ignition.........he rang me the next day, saying it now wouldn't even turn over................after some discussion,it transpired he'd drained the oil out, and put 14 tins[!] of the stuff in!

Nor sure if it counts but a friend had to do some welding on a Grand Voyagers' outer sills...only to find when he cut out some of the rot the insides were filled with expanding foam....

A seatbelt mounting bolt got me home when the sump plug fell out of my T2. I really need to remember to tighten things properly.

When I used to have motorbikes that were quick on the road paranoia got the better of me and I ended up lock wiring drain plugs. Then I moved on to worry about the split (rivet) link in the chain...

Not-a-terrible-bodge-but:

Back in the day my 106 1.5D (of Satan) got broken into and the radio stolen... how quaint! I was living in Manchester and managed to locate a scrapper with a good window, near my parents' place in Herefordshire. On my next trip back home I bodged the window thus:

post-7585-0-60925800-1533717700_thumb.jpg

When I used to have motorbikes that were quick on the road paranoia got the better of me and I ended up lock wiring drain plugs. Then I moved on to worry about the split (rivet) link in the chain...

Always run a rivet link on dirt bikes now . Seen so many split links fail on other people’s bikes

Just to add to this i remember watching someone will a bore with rope through the plug hole, turn the engine over until its compressed the valve in place and then replaced a broken valve spring. Worked a charm.

if I did that ... the worlds fastest knot would be on the wrong side of the plug hole !!

Just to add to this i remember watching someone will a bore with rope through the plug hole, turn the engine over until its compressed the valve in place and then replaced a broken valve spring. Worked a charm.

As noted, not a bodge. used to do loads like that. Sash window weight rope was good for it in a fix, or old style windscreen seal rope.  :-)

I do this when replacing valve stem seals on pintos works a treat