2004 Mazda 2 1.2 MOT April 2018 £425

320touring

They say imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery and with this in mind, I'm setting out on an adventure to develop into the Scottish version of everyone's favourite Vauxhall botherer..

Without further ado - behold the car for YOU, if you yearn for the thrill* of people carrier ownership but have limited drive space!

Fancy a Perodua Kenari but can't handle the style? Get most of the joy with none of the looks from this car!

I'm Proud* to present a 2004 Mazda 2 1.2 petrol.

126k, MOT til April 2018

Taxed to get you home (if you're quick!)

Overall its a clean little car that drives very well.

Clutch is light, and bites well. Brakes are very very good!

Engine runs spot on- acellerates well for a 1.2, and is plenty happy at 70. Consumes fuel by the thimbleful

Gearbox shifts smoothly and has no noise.

Handbrake is well adjusted and holds the car on hills easily.

Visibility out it is grand (like a proper OLD car), and its small enough to scoot about with no fuss

It has remote central locking and stereo controls on the steering wheel, but manual windows, so you can keep your arms toned

Boot is a decent size, with folding rear seats.

It has a few giffer scrapes, on the bumper corners- see the close up pics below.

I'm after £425 ovno for it. Happy to answer any questions, and you are welcome to view.

I can collect you from local plane/train/bus stations, or could deliver for additional cost.

Will consider part ex

Thanks

post-17572-0-24086200-1503436327_thumb.jpgpost-17572-0-58330300-1503436348_thumb.jpg

post-17572-0-54512400-1503436367_thumb.jpg

post-17572-0-22194800-1503436401_thumb.jpgpost-17572-0-02156900-1503436424_thumb.jpgpost-17572-0-45185700-1503436438_thumb.jpg

post-17572-0-99570400-1503436475_thumb.jpg

post-17572-0-93502100-1503436498_thumb.jpgpost-17572-0-43814900-1503436535_thumb.jpgpost-17572-0-92785100-1503436567_thumb.jpgpost-17572-0-35454700-1503436593_thumb.jpg

I think it appeals to me being a spacious, no frills, cheap car that is probably quite nice to drive in a bare bones type of way and it is already pre giffer dented so no supermarket carpark worries. Something about light cars with small petrol engines too. Almost hoping my cambelt goes pop on the way to work so I can justify it (be careful what you wish for!).

I think it appeals to me being a spacious, no frills, cheap car that is probably quite nice to drive in a bare bones type of way and it is already pre giffer dented so no supermarket carpark worries. Something about light cars with small petrol engines too. Almost hoping my cambelt goes pop on the way to work so I can justify it (be careful what you wish for!).

Who needs to justify it? Sounds like its a long held dream of you're to own this:)

Make it so!

These are the equivalent of Tupperware. They're unattractive, they don't try to be anything other than useful, and they continue to provide service even when you really want to bin them and get a new shiny model. Oh, and everything is stamped 'Ford', but don't let that spoil it.

My BIL has one on long term loan, and he hates his with a passion. He's wanted it to go bang for an eternity, but it refuses to break.

Dulltastic, bargain motoring in a practical package. Glwts- seems cheap enough for a modern.

• 2 weeks later...

I was quite interested in this for some reason. It sounded like a proper working car without any obvious issues and I was thinking I could justify it as a spare car for use over winter/in case my sharan needed work. Also, Japanese which appealed. Of course, we don't have to justify buying another car but I was being sensible so decided against it. I then had a phone call to say my step-mum had just wrote her polo off and she was quite upset about it. Ideal I thought, after I'd asked her if she was ok of course, and contacted 320touring. A plan was hatched and I flew to Edinburgh today, on a £38 flybe flight, to pick it up.

Took me a while to find the park and ride where we'd decided to meet and found myself walking aimlessly around the airport for a while but in the end he came and found me. A thoroughly nice gent as I'm sure most of you already know.

So, 318 miles and 7 hours later I've arrived back home. Very impressed with the car. Feels nice and tight and everything works fine. Plenty quick enough on the motorway maintaining an easy 70mph and can be pushed higher if needed. Lovely gearchange and a good stereo. Nice and roomy. Will be perfect for its intended use. It wears it's 126k very well and I think it must have been looked after.

I did get a yellow check engine light come on after a while but it didn't seem to affect it at all so not sure what that's about. I'm going to suggest it goes to the local garage for a service and to investigate. I'm thinking maybe a sensor.

So, very pleased with the car and my longest distance collection yet. So much easier buying from a fellow shiter, even one a good distance away, than scouring the local dross. Will be treating it to a set of original wheel trims which will be much nicer than the 3 after market ones it currently has.

post-19517-0-87353500-1504390717_thumb.jpg