One car you really miss.

Roverageous

POH513M purple mini 1000- my 1st car after test passing, used to go everywhere with the speedo needle pointing at indicator telltail (50) :rolleyes:

A915XON gold maestro- 1st proper car after mini, bought off mates dad who worked at longbridge so it had lots of non-standard issue parts

F834UNP blue montego- absolute hoon to drive felt like there should've been a digit less on the 134000 miles!

D43YRN red mg maestro- sort of mid-life-crisis/reliving-yoof car

N662DKU red vectra- 16valves ftw

BX52GXJ blue primera- mega-smooth cvt drive but couldn't half drink

Had a bit of a debate going on to decide on the one I regret the most as there has been a few.

Guess because I spent so much time on it learning about how to fix cars [though to be fair I'm still no mechanic now but learn't alot about how great filler and glassfibre are to repair holes]and because it is one of the cars I owned the longest it have to be my old MK1 Uno 45S 3dr. 

Brought in 2001 for £95 as a px to clear with no Mot for spares or repair even the gapping holes in the nearside rear quarter, front doors and nearside sill wasn't going to put me off! 

Spent a fortune on it in the 5 and half years I had it, not the cars fault mostly it was down to the neglate of prevouis owners but after my parents split up. I was forced to find somewhere to live and during that time I had someone pull out of a sideroad which forced me to hit a bollard trying to avoid them an they drove off! 

Limped it back to where I was staying and then stored it at my uncles work intending to save up and fix it till the unit next door complained about it taking up the shared parking so sold it for a £100 on Pistonheads to a chap who reckoned he was going to build a Turbo Replica but then it appeared a few months later on ebay in the same state.

Would have brought it back if I had the cash but sadly I guess it wasn't ment to be.

Thanks G246 YLF. You did me proud and was there for me during the shite times when I needed to just get away from everything and for wiping the the smile off that smug git in the Audi 80 one Saturday night!  :-D

Better to have loved and lost, etc. In some ways, the cars I miss most are the ones I didn’t buy for whatever reason.

That being said, of all the ones I look back on this is the one which I wish I still had:

9586654133_f12b81b5f9_c.jpg

Datsun 160J SSS, somewhere in Germany 1995 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

My daily for over two years, doing about 20k a year in the mid ‘90s.

Qualifying in a slightly different way, this is one I don’t really miss because I never got as far as getting it on the road, but I should never have sold as it was really rather solid (more so then the maroon one also visible):

3996667595_66a6897270_o.jpg

1979 Datsun Skyline 240K GT (C210) by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

If I’d have concentrated on getting this on the road instead of persevering with the maroon one, which I eventually sold as it needed far more work than I could handle, then I’d still be driving a 240K.

My Laurel is a pretty good substitute, so it all works out for a reason.

P.S. I would say Camry estate, but I still own one and some day it will go back on the road…..

V701 UAT Omega 3.0 V6 on LPG, was an absolute honey, stupidly sold it and it got written off a month later

F620 BHF Merc 190e 2.0 auto, bought it off ebay pissed in 2004 ish, found out this year that the seller was one of our brethren  keymaster, stupidly sold it and it got broken for parts 

I'd pay well over the odds to have either back but alas it's never going to happen

10 years ago had a Citron 2cv ( back when you could pick up one for a couple of hundred). Loved the beast, the kids loved it, got my first speeding ticket in it and best of all the wife ( now ex!) hated it and refused to even sit in it. This meant lovely drives with just me and the kids boucing and singing at the tops of our voices. I'd love another one now but they are silly money. :-(