Dollywobbler's Dead Rover 600 - Replacement sorted

dollywobbler

If you can poke the straw of your WD40 into somewhere near the little bearings at each end of your blower motor, just the tiniest squirt in the right places will make it very happy indeed. It'll last years longer if you're lucky.

If you can poke the straw of your WD40 into somewhere near the little bearings at each end of your blower motor, just the tiniest squirt in the right places will make it very happy indeed. It'll last years longer if you're lucky.

I actually took one end of the motor off, cleaned out all the carbon dust and greased that end bearing. Couldn't easily get at the other end, but aimed some grease towards it. Now the heater stinks of grease...

Nice job on this DW. I used to work on these back in the days they were everywhere, they seemed good cars in hindsight. I'd actually almost forgotten about them!

A mate I used to work with bought a diesel one in dark grey metallic. It was a lovely car and he did loads of miles in it. Never seemed to cause any trouble either, it just kept on going.

I'd happily have one now, they seem worthless and it's a lot of car for very little money.

Well bought Ian, this looks great for the money.

I've had 2 600's, both 2.0 petrol and loved them both. I've also had 2 400 Diesels which I always loved, but never managed a diesel 600. I would think this would make for very competent transport for what you need it for next week.

I've mentioned before the 620ti I ran for about 3 weeks.

It was £100 with 3 months mot and I nearly crashed it the second day I had it. It was raining and the thing was all over the place, almost undriveable. I had to creep home at less than 40.

Next day a check of the front tyre pressures showed one at about 12 psi and the other at 53.

Was fun while it lasted but I suspect the HGF was well under way before i bought it.

Sold for £45 to a complete dreamer who was going to "fix it and track day it".

I bet it became Chinese saucepans within a month.

I've just been looking for these, no idea why as I'm out of space, but look at this one!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201608106675944?search-target=usedcars&make=rover&model=600&quicksearch=true&radius=1501&postcode=po88dz&sort=atcustom&page=1&onesearchad=used&logcode=p&adPos=8

Really nice spec, proper gearbox and the biggest engine. All for less than £500!