Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Progress for the Carlton Estate.

Six-cylinder

2 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Anybody who has a drone please bring it. 

now that you said @Talbot and @chaseracer  are probably going to concoct some utterly lethal contraption using couple aeroplane propeller blades and a spare 2CV engine :mrgreen:

and its going to have some sort of home Cine 8 camera strapped to it for the filming part :) 

and its not going to be controlled by remote control, but several very long cables, like the worlds most deadly kite...

I am still hoping to come up Saturday morning for the day, have a tripod and modern bridge camera, but no drone. 
no one has said they want a free mountain bike, so won’t bring it on the off chance unless….?

I will bring the toy car box up for donations though.

hobbling about today with a weird heel pain, but hope to be ok at the weekend. 

• Like 1

i plan to be there early Saturday and camp the night, the Austin is the chosen mode of transport if it starts to play up I’ll be there in the Hyundai 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

not sure yet what I'll be driving

I’m secretly hoping it’s the maxus because I’ve not seen seen it without cement in the sills yet 😂

Bums, I have access to a fairly decent drone but I can't get hold of it (or learn how to use it properly) before the weekend. The camera's on charge though, for what it's worth.

• Like 1

I so wish I could be there, especially as a shuffler, but alas distance and that my presence is required in SW1 means I can only drool over your collection. Hope you all have a great weekend.

1 hour ago, Crackers said:

I've had a rear end calamity in my PRE-FOD car wash 😢

20230811_200351.thumb.jpg.bbf743abe7e3a080400708f467359cac.jpg

Anyone know what to use to reattach badges properly?

Tiger Seal probably the best thing, although don't put too much on or it'll splurt out round the edges of the badge when you push it on.

I had similar in the car wash with my Peugeot 107, which is now a  eu  ot.

1 hour ago, Crackers said:

Double sided foam tape has worked for me.

Going to bring some old school networking gear to off load hp & 3com switches and network access points, free to take away or its going to the tip..

(Although any donations welcome which will go to the  small charity they came from which refurbs laptops and gives them to charitable projects)

Screenshot_20230730-131427_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230730-131403_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230730-131440_Photos.jpg

2 hours ago, Crackers said:

Less weight, go faster :)

I went off site and came back to find @juular& @MrsJuular were hard at work on the Saab 95 preparing for the engine to be started.

They claimed they were bored but why they could have not done a jigsaw like anybody else I don't know!

The great news is after the firing order was corrected things went well. I had set the right order, just set up for the wrong direction of rotation, which way do my watch hands rotate, there is the problem it is digital.  The engine now fires up and sounded sweet with no excessive smoke.. The cooling system and the proper fuel supply still need sorting but a fantastic first start.

IMG_20230810_205522 broad.jpg

One of the last cars to be collected from storage yesterday was our Daimler Sovereign 4.2 Series 2. When @Slowsilver and I tried to move it it had a major fuel leak from the front carburettor, we went back to investigate another day and all was fine. @MrsJuularwent to drive it and after the customary tap of the fuel pump often needed when a SU pump stands the carb poured fuel out again. We left it and took another car.

Mrs Juular did not want to be cheated out of her drive of S2 so we went back in the evening and found the lower plate of the float chamber had been siliconed on and was now leaking badly. The Juulars announced without parts there was no more they could do, with a sleight of hand I produced the correct SU repair kit! They fitted it and that solved the problem, thank you.

Mrs Juular drove the car away and within a couple of minutes they called to say it had run out of petrol. A quick trip in the DS to get fuel and they were on the road again and S2 joined the lineup in the FoD.

IMG_20230811_184444 broad.jpg

IMG_20230811_192943 broad.jpg

IMG_20230811_195632 broad.jpg