Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Excitement is mounting!

Six-cylinder

I had a call from my favorite garage today to say their usual supplier for reconditioning the Manta front brake calipers could not obtain the seals.

I contacted Bigg Red in Worcester and they said they could recondition the calipers for me. I then had to collect them, package them and take them to the post office, luckily I have the Seicento for such work.

IMG_20230503_140211 broad.jpg

• Like 6

On 03/05/2023 at 17:47, Six-cylinder said:

I had a call from my favorite garage today to say their usual supplier for reconditioning the Manta front brake calipers could not obtain the seals.

I contacted Bigg Red in Worcester and they said they could recondition the calipers for me. I then had to collect them, package them and take them to the post office, luckily I have the Seicento for such work.

IMG_20230503_140211 broad.jpg

i would have thought a cardboard box would have been sufficient 🤣

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

i would have thought a cardboard box would have been sufficient 🤣

Better protection too. 😳

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, High Jetter said:

Mini looks wrong tho? Will look again when (if) sober tomm

It is not a cooper and it has chrome eyebrows. 

3 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Nice! It's probably due another wash and layer of ceramic this spring

I have just used Meguiar's quick detailer spray to tidy it because it had gone to a village show today. 

IMG_20230507_110104 broad.jpg

8 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

I have never been in an E-type... can I make a special request for the Saturday, please? 😎

Mine is not the best, back on the road in 1988 and deteriorating ever since! 

If you can fix the weather and it is still working no problem getting it out. Remember @Talbotbroke down in it and I had to tow him in with his Mercedes. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaseracer said:

I have never been in an E-type... can I make a special request for the Saturday, please? 😎

Is there a queue to stand in?

4 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I have just used Meguiar's quick detailer spray to tidy it because it had gone to a village show today. 

I have used the meguiars, but it’s not the easiest to polish off. Autoglym show detailer is a bit lighter and if it’s really rained their aqua wax is good.

8 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Ooh, I do like that old Renner.

• Like 1

It's a 1913 Renault AX. Amazing how fast things developed in the early years as it's recognisable as a car but the Oldsmobile that's only a decade older is still very much a Horsey Horseless carriage.

IMG_6594.thumb.jpg.20b512d50660224f590f9b3a1ca8a61e.jpg

On 5/5/2023 at 9:45 PM, Six-cylinder said:

Metro v Mini

The @Prince_of_darkness91 and I went to Milton Keynes Classic Car club tonight. As usual a fine variety of cars tonight even if it did pour with rain a couple of times.

IMG_20230505_190849 broad.jpg

On 5/5/2023 at 11:45 PM, High Jetter said:

Mirrors, paint & reg at 2nd glance.

That a 1995 Mini Sprite so colour is correct. However the owner has plonked on loads of accessories which are a bit questionable. Front Overriders, early type indicators on front, wavey Austin style grille, head lamp peaks, Cooper bonnet stripes, colour match group 2 wheel arches, white door mirrors, chrome wipers and arms, white roof paint, flag on roof, Minilite copy wheels and a big flappy patrol cap.

The Metro looks so much better, but the Mini would also look a lot better if it was stock or done more to my taste.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 4:27 PM, richardmorris said:

I have used the meguiars, but it’s not the easiest to polish off.

Yep, I've had that issue too. I also really don't recommend any Armor All products, they water stain really badly.

Turtle Wax do a spray on ceramic wax that works supremely well.

edit: Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax. 

• Like 1