Bennos Brilliant Bangers FSO and Skoda Pictures (updated 09/02/18)

Guest benno

Now that's a collection of proper shite. Excuse my ignorance but what is a Borewicz Polonez? I tried Googling but all the results are in Polski, not a language I can comprehend despite having Polish ancestry. It must be special as it says so on the doors.

Yes, I still have both the stellars, the alpine belonged to richieg when that photo was taken. He sold it and it has been for sale again recently.

A borewicz polonez is one that doesn’t have the extra rear window in the c pillar, these are the really rare early cars. The later cars have the window and are known as akwariums. The Subaru has gone to Edd’s barn in Yorkshire and is awaiting some tlc.

Yes Ghosty it was me lol. I’ve collected quite a bit of fso merch off eBay.

Yes, I still have both the stellars, the alpine belonged to richieg when that photo was taken. He sold it and it has been for sale again recently.

A borewicz polonez is one that doesn’t have the extra rear window in the c pillar, these are the really rare early cars. The later cars have the window and are known as akwariums. The Subaru has gone to Edd’s barn in Yorkshire and is awaiting some tlc.

Yes Ghosty it was me lol. I’ve collected quite a bit of fso merch off eBay.

Cheers, I never even noticed some have the extra windows and some don't. Must pay more attention. My excuse is that I haven't seen a Polonez in the flesh for years, since a neighbour had a horrible grey one over two decades ago.

Polonez is a car I will forever regret not buying.

Have driven one, and it was bloody terrible - this coming from a major fan of rear engined Skodas and Ladas. It was an utterly clapped out example though - I'd love a shot behind the wheel of a well sorted example to compare.

I love the look of them and the style of the interior. Especially in that vivid reddish orange they came in.

Nearly bought a 1.5 in top spec, but the guy wanted silly money for it at the time and wouldn't allow a test drive without a massive deposit that I didn't have on me in cash...and I wasn't about to do a 30 mile round trip to the nearest cash point...

I have always wanted a Polonez for reasons I never understood; Edd made my year a while back by letting me have a blezz in his B-reg LHD 1.5CE and I was genuinely impressed by it - possibly the only time the phrase "never meet your heroes" didn't ring true, in my experience anyway.

I dunno if I just expected it to be so much worse than it was or not, but I'd absolutely have one in my garage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk