Jump to content

Rustival 5!! Autumnal Chod a go-go 26-09-26


Recommended Posts

Posted

My kids want to go this time so we'll probably be there. I had a nice peaceful r4 without them so it's only fair

Posted

I might also bring the full clan this time.

And hopefully the Pontiac. 

Posted

really enjoyed the last one but wondering if doing two a year will feel a bit too soon. I did enjoy the AS stand making the last time feel a bit different 

Posted

I'm attending VauxALL South at Beaulieu that day, so I'll be giving Rustival a miss this time.

Posted

Booked a ticket, fingers crossed nothing goes tits up this time!  Not bringing a car into the show as nobody needs to see my rusty Focus and I can't see myself fixing anything else this summer.

Posted

The car elements in the halls and the car parks were great. The entertainment types were really not my thing at all so I would struggle to be motivated beyond wandering around the car parks and spending £50 on bacon sandwiches it would be a long trip this time around.

Posted
1 hour ago, Lonestar said:

I'm attending VauxALL South at Beaulieu that day, so I'll be giving Rustival a miss this time.

That's useful to know. Thanks for the heads-up.

Posted
12 minutes ago, vtec-e said:

That's useful to know. Thanks for the heads-up.

Any time!

Posted
1 hour ago, bangernomics said:

The entertainment types

Can you elaborate on this? I'm just trying to establish whether it would be my cup of tea or not.

Posted

 @Mr Livered Theres a stage and guests (often other YouTubers or motoring journalists) are interviewed.  I didn't find the time to watch any last time as theres hundreds of vehicles to look at outside, plus the museum and usually plenty of folk from here to catch up with.  It's not so loud that its bothering people all round the site like at some shows.

 

Posted
 [mention=768]Mr Livered[/mention] Theres a stage and guests (often other YouTubers or motoring journalists) are interviewed.  I didn't find the time to watch any last time as theres hundreds of vehicles to look at outside, plus the museum and usually plenty of folk from here to catch up with.  It's not so loud that its bothering people all round the site like at some shows.
 

Imagine every adenoid in the world in the same pub. Then imagine being piped that sound over a PA.

The cars are the cool bit. The youtuber are clearly good at editing. As said they are not intrusive, for me they are not the reason to go.
Posted
7 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

 @Mr Livered Theres a stage and guests (often other YouTubers or motoring journalists) are interviewed.  I didn't find the time to watch any last time as theres hundreds of vehicles to look at outside, plus the museum and usually plenty of folk from here to catch up with.  It's not so loud that its bothering people all round the site like at some shows.

 

Cheers Cats. We work hard on pitching the volume levels at a point that doesn't annoy. We know it isn't for everyone.

Would be very happy to have an AS stand again. If SunnyJim is coming again we'll plan better for a hearse!

 

Posted

i will be there - i didn’t know you had a stand last time, i got a stand with the cavalier and chevette club.

not sure on the car i am taking yet as it overlaps the holiday by 2 days, so i might be there in the campervan on the way back from wales/scotland/cornwall etc 

Negotiations are still taking place and are unlikely to be resolved until the 11th hour

Posted
9 hours ago, Mr Livered said:

Can you elaborate on this? I'm just trying to establish whether it would be my cup of tea or not.

its a great day, you can just mill about the cars, chat with mates or take in the entertainment. Personally i dont do any of the guest stuff and i really dont notice it. 

My only issue is the food (which i guess is BMM run and nothing to do with the Rustival gang) its not great quality imo and expensive - different suppliers from R1 when it was excellent (but still expensive)

Posted
11 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

Booked a ticket, fingers crossed nothing goes tits up this time!  Not bringing a car into the show as nobody needs to see my rusty Focus and I can't see myself fixing anything else this summer.

i think you will find we do need to see a rusty focus! 

Posted

Just checked the dates and I'll be on another SAR mission on the Med so won't make it so there'll be no need to accommodate the hearse thanks @dollywobbler

I still have custody of the AS banner so will have to arrange getting it to either @brownnova or @mat_the_cat if he's going (the LT is suitably large to hang it off).

  • Like 2
Posted
12 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

Booked a ticket, fingers crossed nothing goes tits up this time!  Not bringing a car into the show as nobody needs to see my rusty Focus and I can't see myself fixing anything else this summer.

Do what I did last time. At about 3.30 when everyone was leaving, I fetched my qq, drove out of the normal parking, around to the show parking entrance, and the guards let me in 😂 I ended up parked on (what was) the as stand for a good hour 

Posted
2 hours ago, Purfleet said:

its a great day, you can just mill about the cars, chat with mates or take in the entertainment. Personally i dont do any of the guest stuff and i really dont notice it. 

My only issue is the food (which i guess is BMM run and nothing to do with the Rustival gang) its not great quality imo and expensive - different suppliers from R1 when it was excellent (but still expensive)

Thanks for food feedback. We are a little limited (museum has some fairly strict conditions and pricing if you want external suppliers to come in) on food but the restaurant inside also has some decent options.

Posted

yes i assumed as much, no blame assigned to you or the gang. Who ever was the caterers for R1, the bacon/burger stall was outstanding!!!

 

  • Like 1
Posted

I went to the inside cafe upstairs exclusively and it was nice and more reasonably priced than the outside vans. Was tempted with the pulled pork baguette thing outside but it was £12 and I watched a few being made and they were stingy af so didn't bother

Make sure they hear your order right though, I grabbed Dez some chips and they make cheesy chips which I didn't notice until spending 15 mins walking back outside.

Best to bring snacks, if I have the kids I bring a backpack full of shite as they won't survive otherwise and my wallet won't sustain them buying it all there 😂 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Posted

back went I went the people who I was parked next to bought their own grill and supplies and were making bacon sandwiches 😂

 

  • Like 2
Posted
2 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

 want external suppliers to come in) 

You mean we couldn't afford @cms206and @davidfowler2000to spend the day making square sausage in the back of a volvo/ropey camper van/heavily leaking gazebo held up badly by shiters? 😢 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Posted
18 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

Booked a ticket, fingers crossed nothing goes tits up this time!  Not bringing a car into the show as nobody needs to see my rusty Focus and I can't see myself fixing anything else this summer.

Books a ticket for a show with RUST in the name, worries about bringing a car that has Rust..... some people 🤣🤣😉

Posted

I might try and make this one although with an event in the evening both the day before and day of, not sure I'll manage it. Definitely won't be bringing a car  - doubt I can get there early enough and also not sure many people want to see a year old X-Trail!

Posted

I've bought a ticket, hopefully there in the 306. That was my plan for Rustival 4 but I didn't get it finished in time. It is still not finished!

  • Like 1
Posted
6 hours ago, robt100 said:

Books a ticket for a show with RUST in the name, worries about bringing a car that has Rust..... some people 🤣🤣😉

The rust isn't the problem, the fact it's terminally dull is the issue.

Posted
13 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

the AS banner so will have to arrange getting it to either @brownnova 

This can definitely be arranged.

 

  • Like 2
Posted
11 hours ago, beko1987 said:

 

Make sure they hear your order right though

trim beard or indeed speak english *yokel fecker :D :D :D 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...