DAF question

wuvvum

3 studs - Daf wheels are unique and are difficult to find - your best bet would be to try the daf owners club forum.

I know minilites can be drilled if you get really stuck but this is an expensive solution

Reckon I'll end up just getting the tyres swapped over on the existing wheels. They're 135x13 which are an arse to get hold of (although I do have a half-decent set on the R6, but I'm leaving them on there for now), but I'm sure 145x13s can be shoehorned on, and I've got a good set of those.

The 46 on Retro Rides?

Aye, it's that one. Not overly worried about the single belt thing - it's had a new one recently, and with the sort of mileage I'm likely to do in it it's unlikely to let go again soon. I don't really think belt breakage is that common of an issue on them anyway is it?

my credibility of all things Daf related on this site is now in ruins!!

I checked with a better authority than I and can confirm

the 46 has the same engine as the 44 -a 844 cc 2cyl boxer- it was the replacment for the 44 and is a very very rare car indeed - only made for 2 years in total The differences between it and the 44 was carpet, a de Dion axel and a single belt system driving a conventional dif. This effectively extended the belt life and improved the handling of the car - however, the car is not as quick as a 44 also it loses the LSD effect of the twin belts....

I hang my head in shame! :cry::oops:

my credibility of all things Daf related on this site is now in ruins!!

I checked with a better authority than I and can confirm

the 46 has the same engine as the 44 -a 844 cc 2cyl boxer- it was the replacment for the 44 and is a very very rare car indeed - only made for 2 years in total The differences between it and the 44 was carpet, a de Dion axel and a single belt system driving a conventional dif. This effectively extended the belt life and improved the handling of the car - however, the car is not as quick as a 44 also it loses the LSD effect of the twin belts....

I hang my head in shame! :cry::oops:

My god! I can't believe you LIED to me about DAF's! :D