Jump to content

Bangerfest (now Rustival Thread)


UltraWomble

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

Tell them you once went to prison for having sex with a Minor.And got barred from the Owners Club as well!

‘Sometimes at the weekend I get really drunk and aggressive down the pub and last week I struck someone, obviously you guys don’t see that as I spend Sunday getting my shit in order’ 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sierraman said:

I fucking hate those ‘tell us something we don’t know about you’ things. I always have the urge to say something really inappropriate just to shut them up like ‘I’ve been having an affair with my neighbour for 6 months’. 

Ive responded to these before with:

I have a collection of over 40 Henry Hoovers, and they all have distinct personalities, some can be quite nasty...

I have half a dozen post boxes in the back garden, and the Royal Mail havent caught me yet...

I once set light to a fart and ended up burning my scrotum as a result I spent a week in burns at Royal Preston

 

Generally shuts people up and stops them talking to me again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

Ive responded to these before with:

I have a collection of over 40 Henry Hoovers, and they all have distinct personalities, some can be quite nasty...

I have half a dozen post boxes in the back garden, and the Royal Mail havent caught me yet...

I once set light to a fart and ended up burning my scrotum as a result I spent a week in burns at Royal Preston

 

Generally shuts people up and stops them talking to me again.

arent these PHAKT tho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's always Shedfest although that's run by another YouTuber and last year's had a lot of pretty modern chod. It also had some right old crap so it wasn't a bad show and barely an MGB in sight.

I've started to prefer weekend breakfast meets at various places. They tend not to be too pretentious and most people are happy to chat. I spoke to a guy with a manual Audi R8 V10 about my Mexican Beetle at the last one I did 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've met a few YouTubers.

There was an annoying twat who came along to shite in the park once, borrowed an Mx5 for free as his own one was off the road and basically moaned in his YT video about it. Some gratitude.

The only car events I go to are Shite in the Park and Glenisla Car Club show. Both are really relaxed and have all sorts of vehicles in an array of conditions attending. I especially like the tractors and old Land Rovers at the latter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/01/2024 at 11:37, sierraman said:

There’s interesting cars from after 1990 for sure but I think it’s the people at these car shows

 

The liar - Furtively looks at something then interrupts mid conversation with some shite about how his dad had a Mondeo Cosworth, Ford only made one of them and what with his dad stacking shelves in Fine Fair, he was chosen to test drive it. It had 426 horsepower and he did 185mph on the Dymchurch bypass with it. It’s in his dads lock up and he takes it out at night when nobody can see it. And it would piss all over your fucking Tesla on a race! 

When I had a Sapphire C*******h it was like cat nip for bell ends.

Wherever you went you could bet that firstly they ask "is it a real one" followed by a load of bullshit that their milkman's aunties plumber had one with 800 horse power blah blah blah...

The novelty soon wears off.

I used to dread taking it to the petrol station.

I owned it longer than any other car, it sat unused for a few years and I sold it a while ago.

I don't miss the car or the bell ends one bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

When I had a Sapphire C*******h it was like cat nip for bell ends.

Wherever you went you could bet that firstly they ask "is it a real one" followed by a load of bullshit that their milkman's aunties plumber had one with 800 horse power blah blah blah...

The novelty soon wears off.

I used to dread taking it to the petrol station.

I owned it longer than any other car, it sat unused for a few years and I sold it a while ago.

I don't miss the car or the bell ends one bit.

Christ ya wanna try owning a DeLorean, every single twat that comes along drops some kind of back to the future quip, but what’s more depressing is they all think they are the very first in the entire world to mention it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/01/2024 at 22:54, catsinthewelder said:

Just bought a Rustival ticket, it asked if I wanted to park with others from a club, name the club so I put Autoshite in the box.

Only the minor problem of getting the car to run now.

 

On 12/01/2024 at 22:54, brownnova said:

I shall do the same! 

 

On 13/01/2024 at 17:36, Sunny Jim said:

I have too. Do you fancy meeting up and travelling in convoy?

Yes indeed.  Ticket acquired.  

Was supposed to be at a conference that w/e, but bolleaux to that - there's shite/shiters to see!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  On 12/01/2024 at 22:54, catsinthewelder said:

Just bought a Rustival ticket, it asked if I wanted to park with others from a club, name the club so I put Autoshite in the box.

Only the minor problem of getting the car to run now

  On 12/01/2024 at 22:54, brownnova said:

I shall do the same!

  On 13/01/2024 at 17:36, Sunny Jim said:

I have too. Do you fancy meeting up and travelling in convoy?

Yes indeed.  Ticket acquired.  

Was supposed to be at a conference that w/e, but bolleaux to that - there's shite/shiters to see!

 

so............much................nerd beard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/01/2024 at 10:15, Split_Pin said:

The Retroshite meets work very well and there is a cut off of I think 1998 as nobody wants to hear about a remapped BMW e90 318i.

A few folk have tried turning up in little cliques or with polished classic cars but were told to fuck off.

I hope to go to the next one. Seems like a good vibe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry folks. Bit late to the party. I'm one of the organisers of Rustival and I'm chuffed folk actually want to come! Autoshiters very welcome. 

Cost is £11 which includes museum access. We've sold out the main 350 car display area already but we'll have more space thankfully.

The main reason for having an "open to all" policy is to bring an end to the infuriating "does it qualify?" comments. Whether this is a sensible policy remains to be seen.

No obligation to use friendship corner and YouTubers are easily ignored. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dollywobbler said:

The main reason for having an "open to all" policy is to bring an end to the infuriating "does it qualify?" comments. Whether this is a sensible policy remains to be seen.

Some friends and I were discussing this the other day, when talking about whether or not to go. I don't think I've seen an event that literally has no restrictions on vehicle type, condition or era. We reckoned it could go one of two ways - either the most diverse show ever seen, or everyone brings their daily and it becomes Tesco's car park.

Either way, I'm genuinely interested to see how it pans out, what sort of display the car community produces when given a completely free reign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Soundwave said:

Some friends and I were discussing this the other day, when talking about whether or not to go. I don't think I've seen an event that literally has no restrictions on vehicle type, condition or era. We reckoned it could go one of two ways - either the most diverse show ever seen, or everyone brings their daily and it becomes Tesco's car park.

Either way, I'm genuinely interested to see how it pans out, what sort of display the car community produces when given a completely free reign.

Pleased to say that diversity seems to be winning so far. Everything from pre war to brand new pretty much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/01/2024 at 19:36, rattlecan said:

Christ ya wanna try owning a DeLorean, every single twat that comes along drops some kind of back to the future quip, but what’s more depressing is they all think they are the very first in the entire world to mention it. 

Or owning a DS and being told it has Rolls Royce's suspension...

and of course "My grandad/aunty/vicar used to have one of those"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...