Missy Charm Posted August 14, 2025 Posted August 14, 2025 On 20/01/2024 at 02:03, robt100 said: Sure thats not an ST24 rather than a V6 Ghia??? Also, whereabouts, if its local to you then its local to me😉 I used to have a Mondeo Si Ghia, which was a lovely thing with a full body-kit, alloys and wood-inlay interior. From memory, it was possible to 'upgrade' the sporty variants (Si and 24 valve) to sporty+Ghia spec - effectively getting both improvement packages fitted to the same car. That's what I was told about mine, anyway; it had all come special order. I've had an Si V6 non-Ghia, too, which was basically the same car as the Si Ghia, but fitted with a V6 engine and bucket seats. The interior wasn't as nice though, somewhat gloomy and lacking the variety of fabrics one found in the Ghia cars.  Gompo 1
Schaefft Posted August 14, 2025 Posted August 14, 2025 1 hour ago, neil72 said: There is a house near me that is well known locally for having 10-15 older cars from the 60/70s in the back garden, this Cadillac is out front with a Mini, Porsche, MGB and various other piles of crap! Â Â I'm still surprised how many people have Cadillacs just rotting away in their yards. The banger racers will still have a steady supply for years it seems.
vtec-e Posted August 14, 2025 Posted August 14, 2025 2 hours ago, Scott Chegg said: I'm intrigued by this guy and his many MGFs. When I last went past the current count was nine (there's more not visible down the side road). 2023 shot: Â Â Was next door the overflow car park ? Â Â
Missy Charm Posted August 14, 2025 Posted August 14, 2025 1 hour ago, vtec-e said:  Was next door the overflow car park ?   Nah, they've just decided to get back at next door by having an MGF that actually works!  vtec-e, Eyersey1234 and morrisoxide 3
DaveDorson Posted August 14, 2025 Posted August 14, 2025 I'm fairly shocked my driveway hasn't appeared on this thread yet tbh. Rust Collector, Dave_Q, bangernomics and 1 other 1 2 1
Aitchbee Posted August 15, 2025 Posted August 15, 2025 I had to do a double-take when I saw the Astra collection on here - I've been visiting Banbury a lot recently to prepare for my driving test, and that house is just down the road from the test centre. The Sherpa/Freight Rover on the driveway is still there, as well as a few other vehicles (must have a rummage on Steet View), but there isn't a trace of Astra now. Clearly old habits do die hard - but it does seem odd he got rid of the Astras after all that time, but kept the Sherpa. Still, maybe there's one stashed away in the garage?
AnthonyG Posted August 27, 2025 Posted August 27, 2025 I can never take photos as it’s on a main road, but there is a bungalow in Withington, a village just east of Hereford on the A4103 Worcester road, owned by a Citroen fanatic . There is no garden around the bungalow, just Citroens - a GS estate, at least two CX’s, a lurid turquoise/green BX Gti, and a couple of other ones I can’t remember just now. The ‘modern’ is a circa 2010 C5. The BX Gti looks like it is on the road but the other hydro pneumatic ones have that ‘down in the weeds’ dead Citroen look. He (it must be a he) has only been living there for a couple of years, but has amassed a good collection! DSdriver 1
motorpunk Posted August 28, 2025 Posted August 28, 2025 On 14/08/2025 at 23:15, DaveDorson said: I'm fairly shocked my driveway hasn't appeared on this thread yet tbh. I removed my house from street view as it showed a Renault Scenic that I absolutely hated and wanted no reminders of Rust Collector, Dan29 and shampooefficient 3
Spiny Norman Posted August 30, 2025 Posted August 30, 2025 One of the drivers at work has this, He understands... Â grogee and morrisoxide 2
robt100 Posted September 22, 2025 Posted September 22, 2025 Just looking up where to potentially pick up some parts from off ebay. Got the town location, images gave quite a unique location finder, spotted the address on streetview and..... Looking through all the different streetview images over the years makes me think if they aren't on here then they should be! 😅 https://www.google.com/maps/@52.8305648,-1.6524375,3a,90y,165.47h,87.25t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sUv8SWD9B0-cVZUiFilm9EQ!2e0!5s20090701T000000!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fcb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile%26w%3D900%26h%3D600%26pitch%3D2.745655859391036%26panoid%3DUv8SWD9B0-cVZUiFilm9EQ%26yaw%3D165.467554037651!7i13312!8i6656?entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI1MDkxNy4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D
green200b Posted September 26, 2025 Posted September 26, 2025 Datsuncog, groovyboovy, Gompo and 1 other 3 1
catsinthewelder Posted September 27, 2025 Posted September 27, 2025 I think I posted these in Lazy spotters but the bottom one is certainly more at home here. Not necessarily the same bloke as they were on opposite sides of the road but it feels like theres a connection. Gompo and groovyboovy 2
bunglebus Posted October 13, 2025 Posted October 13, 2025 This guy in the next road to me. There have been 5 squeezed in here before Gompo, groovyboovy and Barry Cade 3
robt100 Posted November 29, 2025 Posted November 29, 2025 Saw this whilst out in the car this morning, surely its someone on here?🤣 a whole row of 214s!  Shite Ron, Wibble, bunglebus and 6 others 9
bunglebus Posted March 30 Posted March 30 Definitely this guy There's a new Beetle in front of the Jag, behind the hedge is a 200SX I think, sure there's an Audi TT behind the Galaxy too grogee and Dave_Q 2
vanmartinrooy Posted March 31 Posted March 31 On 13/08/2025 at 19:06, bunglebus said: This guy I know this guy, and have done for a long time - he's actually a musician who's well known in certain circles! There's a recording studio out back. He was skint 25 years ago and drove round in a mingebag mk2 Astra, then had some success producing records and these cars appeared, along with a mk3 Cortina and an allegro (one of which may be in the garage). He still drives/works on the X300s and the freelanders, but has sadly run out of time/welding ability for the rest bunglebus, Weird Car, grogee and 1 other 4
Crankshaft Posted May 8 Posted May 8 This blue Skoda looks tidy and has current MOT.  The beige one hasn’t moved for a couple of years. grogee, TheIsleofShite, Gompo and 3 others 6
Anthony Posted May 8 Posted May 8 46 minutes ago, Crankshaft said: This blue Skoda looks tidy and has current MOT.  The beige one hasn’t moved for a couple of years. You must be pretty local to me, as I pass that pair fairly regularly. Slightly further down the road towards the town center and on the opposite side, there's a couple of Vauxhall Calibra's too.
Crankshaft Posted May 8 Posted May 8 4 minutes ago, Anthony said: You must be pretty local to me, as I pass that pair fairly regularly. Slightly further down the road towards the town center and on the opposite side, there's a couple of Vauxhall Calibra's too. Ok - I’ll keep an eye out for them.  I’m in Old Town. Anthony 1
Markeh Posted May 8 Posted May 8 Given these are on a main road through a village not far from a motorway junction, and have been called out in a Smith and Sniff episode, I don't think there's any point in hiding the fact these Rovers are in Annesley, Notts. They all do appear to move reasonably regularly as well! Gompo and High Jetter 2
Gompo Posted May 9 Posted May 9 7 hours ago, Markeh said: Given these are on a main road through a village not far from a motorway junction, and have been called out in a Smith and Sniff episode, I don't think there's any point in hiding the fact these Rovers are in Annesley, Notts. I always keep an eye out for a Rover around there, not sure I realised there was three. The fencing yard at the other end of the village often had something interest of note parked up, and on the other side of the road is a scrap yard or similar with a collection that you rarely see but sometimes has things roadside. I used to go that way every month or so but not so often these days.
bangernomics Posted May 9 Posted May 9 My old neighbour in Manchester, this was a couple of vans initially. He used to have a 6 wheel CF. Chap runs a driveway mechanic service. Pleasant enough but had become a bit hoardy in the last 10 years.
captain_70s Posted May 9 Posted May 9 Tucked away in Edinburgh. I don't think any of these have been roadworthy for at least a decade, and there has been steady decline since 2009. Tickman and bunglebus 2
Crankshaft Posted May 10 Posted May 10 Spotted in Swindon, built in the Swindon factory where I worked for 24 years and 7 months until it closed in 2021. Â Maybe I should do a thread about the cars made there. High Jetter 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now