Jump to content

I brought a Lada Niva!


jaycey001
 Share

Recommended Posts

That's mega! I've been after one of these for ages, the only way to get one at sensible money seems to be to buy one on the continent and drive it back. I'll be watching this with interest, as I'm keen to see what it's like getting an EU car imported into the UK now that we're not in the bloc... Either way, well done on purchasing such a fine motor!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rust Collector said:

That's mega! I've been after one of these for ages, the only way to get one at sensible money seems to be to buy one on the continent and drive it back. I'll be watching this with interest, as I'm keen to see what it's like getting an EU car imported into the UK now that we're not in the bloc... Either way, well done on purchasing such a fine motor!

Just the same as it was previously when buying from outside Europe, do a NOVA declaration, pay the tax and vat and register.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jaycey001 said:

Ive been in the market for a reliable, long distance cruiser for some time...

...something that would be reliable for driving back to England in several times a year (I know you are now checking the title of this thread, dont worry its not a glitch in the forums 🤣)

OP buys Lada Niva. You are on the right forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DodgeRover said:

Just the same as it was previously when buying from outside Europe, do a NOVA declaration, pay the tax and vat and register.

Can you take it straight through with you though or does it have to sit in customs until you’ve paid the customs fees? The Japanese stuff I used to bring in couldn’t leave the port until you had the NOVA. I’m hoping it’s different on the tunnel/ferries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rust Collector said:

Can you take it straight through with you though or does it have to sit in customs until you’ve paid the customs fees? The Japanese stuff I used to bring in couldn’t leave the port until you had the NOVA. I’m hoping it’s different on the tunnel/ferries.

Should be fine just to drive straight in and declare the Nova once it is here. I know of a few come in on trailers due to covid and German restrictions on travel and they had no issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

God I admire anyone who, when tasked with finding a comfortable means of crossing continents goes out and buys an elderly Soviet 4x4 instead. 
 

I myself spent years dailying a Series II Landrover and was the terror of the HGV community especially on motorways thanks to the old girl’s 50mph operational cruising speed. I was probably* referred to as Los Diabolos Verde.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That experience of purchasing a second-hand vehicle in Spain is typical. Adverts placed are not exactly truthful. Parts can be removed before purchase. Cars can have debt or fines against them which are passed onto the new owner.

When selling I have experienced that shows  the (possible) purchaser never reads the advert correctly either.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...