Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

Screenshot_20220318-224824_Gumtree.jpg

Screenshot_20220318-225434_Gumtree.thumb.jpg.1eefc3f8290a3f5b5cea2916bca62b9b.jpg

Screenshot_20220318-224946_Gumtree.jpg

Screenshot_20220318-225058_Gumtree.jpg

Screenshot_20220318-225209_Messages.jpg

Put it up for more and you might end up achieving something close to your current asking price! by the time captain del boy has done their bit, you'll feel no different and they'll feel like they stole it 😉👍

Personally I always over price so that they can haggle down to my lowest price i had in mind anyway. A huge waste of time overall but the only way with some people!

And the '???' would really piss me off, especially when its 3 mins later or why not just pick up the phone if it's that urgent instead of texts.

And the guy at 01:30 FFS !!

3 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Put it up for more and you might end up achieving something close to your current asking price! by the time captain del boy has done their bit, you'll feel no different and they'll feel like they stole it 😉👍

Personally I always over price so that they can haggle down to my lowest price i had in mind anyway. A huge waste of time overall but the only way with some people!

And the '???' would really piss me off, especially when its 3 mins later or why not just pick up the phone if it's that urgent instead of texts.

And the guy at 01:30 FFS !!

The price I wanted was ÂŁ950 which a fellow shiter has paid :)

Just want to say I've recently made two sales via Facebook.  Both were to younger men, sent endless messages - always a  bad sign - but both turned up on time, paid in cash without fuss and were polite.  Perhaps I got lucky.

As an aside, one was a car door and a wing.  They turned up in a modernish not exactly huge hatchback thing.  And there was a person sitting in the back.  A car door is pretty big, I really don't think I'd have brought an extra person.  We got it all in, with a few thou to spare. 

All of this gives me the fear for when it comes time to part with the Fabia... might advertise it through here instead.

The Duster and Sandero will just go through Parks Nissan in the same way we got them, so I don't have to deal with FB Marketplace clowns, just salesclowns. 

Over twenty years ago I had a car for sale, and in those days I had no mobile. So I used the landline number. My mother was there alone and someone phoned up and asked in a broad Cork accent,"is the car still for sale". Although my mother was Irish she couldn't understand the Cork accent well, being from Wexford. And she was deaf. So she just said,"sorry, no calves for sale here", and put the phone down on the poor man.

9 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I can’t believe you were so inconsiderate that you weren’t monitoring your inbox at 1:36am to reply to the poor buyer you were leaving in the lurch! 🤣

Seriously how desperate are these people?

Not so much desperate as inconsiderate and stupid.  

In the usual inconsistency on here the other thread about silly things sellers say has folk grumbling about sellers not taking offers.  I wonder why?

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

I can’t believe you were so inconsiderate that you weren’t monitoring your inbox at 1:36am to reply to the poor buyer you were leaving in the lurch! 🤣

Seriously how desperate are these people?

I did once have a drunk prospective buyer phone up at 2am.

6 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

Can’t say fairer than that dude 

It is sold. I was waiting for her photo. I should just have drive the 20 miles as soon as saw it, and taken the risk of wasting an hour and a gallon of fuel. If you snooze you loose. 

If FB Marketplace is good for one thing it's for highlighting that the average IQ of the Great British Public is somewhere in the low single digits and that one of Putin's nukes dropping would largely be an improvement.

In Captain_70's Britain asking "last price?" would be punishable by the removal of one of your first born's fingers. Make sure that £600 car is really worth it. Expecting a 25% drop in price straight out the gate would be castration and then a life down the mines, gotta' pay back your debt to society for burdening us with your fucking existence. 

On 3/19/2022 at 2:36 PM, DodgyBastard said:

One from earlier today.

Screenshot_20220319-131016.thumb.png.718758a63c5a7f0228b0e80ed066fba0.pngScreenshot_20220319-131050.thumb.png.7f5d8f365f306391eb5654d449cd2643.png

I just sold it to the first person to come and see it for ÂŁ850.

What planet are these cunts on using places like compare the market for their valuations.

It'll be WBAC's valuation next..! Wait til he finds out there's an admin fee..!

13 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I know it's not a message from an 'interested' purchaser but proves some people's expectations!

This individual seems very upset that their ÂŁ600 car with a new MOT didn't last them 12 months, and SHOCK HORROR needed the tyres replacing a few weeks later

1607085596_Screenshot_20220320-2117252.thumb.png.e082a3a7b981f2d570b41610c20c0ffd.png

Fuck sake some people are idiots. They seriously expected tyres and an exhaust on a £600 car to last 12 months? 

13 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I know it's not a message from an 'interested' purchaser but proves some people's expectations!

This individual seems very upset that their ÂŁ600 car with a new MOT didn't last them 12 months, and SHOCK HORROR needed the tyres replacing a few weeks later

1607085596_Screenshot_20220320-2117252.thumb.png.e082a3a7b981f2d570b41610c20c0ffd.png

Literally if you buy a £600 car and it blows up a month later you are on your own quite frankly. Nobody will come to bail you out. This is life I’m afraid!

You might however ask why the tyres and exhaust weren't mentioned as advisories on the MOT.  Maybe the tyres were swapped for ones with less tread. 

It's not as if it's actually a scrap car. Just service items. And the petrol tank is just one of those things. It maybe that the garage knew, and the hole was where it couldn't be spotted in an mot, and filling it to the brim was the mistake the new owner made. But it actually might be a decent car. Or not. 

On 19/03/2022 at 14:51, captain_70s said:

If FB Marketplace is good for one thing it's for highlighting that the average IQ of the Great British Public is somewhere in the low single digits and that one of Putin's nukes dropping would largely be an improvement.

In Captain_70's Britain asking "last price?" would be punishable by the removal of one of your first born's fingers. Make sure that £600 car is really worth it. Expecting a 25% drop in price straight out the gate would be castration and then a life down the mines, gotta' pay back your debt to society for burdening us with your fucking existence. 

2 things. 

One is that statistically 69% of all people are within 2 standard deviations from mediocre*. 

And secondly, I've always said. If you come and find a fault, that I haven't mentioned, I'll knock £15 off.  For each fault you find. 

40 minutes ago, New POD said:

You might however ask why the tyres and exhaust weren't mentioned as advisories on the MOT.  Maybe the tyres were swapped for ones with less tread. 

It's not as if it's actually a scrap car. Just service items. And the petrol tank is just one of those things. It maybe that the garage knew, and the hole was where it couldn't be spotted in an mot, and filling it to the brim was the mistake the new owner made. But it actually might be a decent car. Or not. 

As said in another thread you can only piss with the cock you’ve got. Everyone must be aware that if you went through that car there would be issues, if the issues were all fixed it would no longer be a £600 car. That’s why it’s £600. 

2 minutes ago, sierraman said:

As said in another thread you can only piss with the cock you’ve got. Everyone must be aware that if you went through that car there would be issues, if the issues were all fixed it would no longer be a £600 car. That’s why it’s £600. 

Ah but with that, they never actually spotted any faults before buying it. Tyres not faulty on the day of purchase, exhaust not leaking.  What's that you say, it's a bit rusty. Well tell you want as you took the trouble to lie down in the dirt and inspect it, you can have the £15 off. 

14 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

The 5-weeks down the line new tyres needed is very unspecified - was that all new tyres and why? It's unusual to need to replace all four at once - and who decided then they needed replacing. Series of punctures or cracking or tread? Seems like a general gripe. And the new MoT - of course the car may have just been px and punted back out - no idea how long the MoT.

Of course Mr Customer may have ragged the car a few 000 miles in the time they've had it.

People have unreasonable expectations.

And this is why so many cars get scrapped - who as a seller wants this nonsense.

4-tyres I can get for 25 a corner  - exhaust a bit of sparkly stick - and the fuel tank? May as been said just the filler neck.

So one minute here Mr Customer knows nothing and suddenly he's a fueling expert.

Like the dealer said - why not approach him first. 

9 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Fuck sake some people are idiots. They seriously expected tyres and an exhaust on a £600 car to last 12 months? 

When I buy a car I expect to be buying new tyres anyway so I can have my preference of condition i.e good tread and not about 10 years old resembling plastic rather than rubber 😅

9 hours ago, sierraman said:

Literally if you buy a £600 car and it blows up a month later you are on your own quite frankly. Nobody will come to bail you out. This is life I’m afraid!

I always consider the price as an entry price only. I speak for myself and some of my good friends here, when buying a car we quite often spend the purchase price again sorting out all the neglect and getting it to our own standard. 

9 hours ago, New POD said:

The tyres might have been 2mm, so within MOT standard. Since testers are not obligated to note down advisories it's no surprise really. 5 weeks of use could easily wear them down to 1.6mm. Obviously 5 weeks is an impossible measurement for tyre wear

8 hours ago, sierraman said:

Exactly this

8 hours ago, New POD said:

Ah but with that, they never actually spotted any faults before buying it. Tyres not faulty on the day of purchase, exhaust not leaking.  What's that you say, it's a bit rusty. Well tell you want as you took the trouble to lie down in the dirt and inspect it, you can have the £15 off. 

Yes it was quite unfair of the buyer to seemingly approach it the way they did, the dealer was none the wiser if they were fine when the car left

8 hours ago, lesapandre said:

The 5-weeks down the line new tyres needed is very unspecified - was that all new tyres and why? It's unusual to need to replace all four at once - and who decided then they needed replacing. Series of punctures or cracking or tread? Seems like a general gripe. And the new MoT - of course the car may have just been px and punted back out - no idea how long the MoT.

Of course Mr Customer may have ragged the car a few 000 miles in the time they've had it.

People have unreasonable expectations.

And this is why so many cars get scrapped - who as a seller wants this nonsense.

4-tyres I can get for 25 a corner  - exhaust a bit of sparkly stick - and the fuel tank? May as been said just the filler neck.

So one minute here Mr Customer knows nothing and suddenly he's a fueling expert.

Like the dealer said - why not approach him first

It seems very odd that it supposedly all happened at once too. As you say it's very unusual to burn through 4 tyres in 5 weeks. Even if they were on 2mm for the MOT, the fronts would have worn quicker than the rears (assuming it's FWD of course)