Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

1 minute ago, RoverFolkUs said:

..and it really boils my piss when they try to make an offer without stringing a coherent sentence together.

"1500"

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?! it's not a question and it's not a statement either!

1500, that's what he's offering but would need to see it first because he thinks it could be worth less.

I wonder if anyone falls for this shite.

I was looking to buy a car once , advertised for ridiculously low price , thought it had to be a spears or repair rustbox mot failure ... It was advertised for weeks , kept getting relisted ....started to annoy me , another dingbat that hasn't ended their advert properly... Went to see it , 1 owner from new , very low mileage for age of car , no rust anywhere,..... offered her DOUBLE what she had it advertised for ..... wouldn't accept it, met her in the middle 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤯

Wish I screenshotted this, but had so many idiots messaging me when I sold an E36 coupe on Gumtree many years back. It went something like this:

Scumbag:  300
Me: The price is £500, i'm confident it's worth this so that's the only price i'll accept.
Scumbag: i can only do 300, im already on the train now, so can you refund my ticket?
Me: ?!?!?!?!?!

That E36 in particular really drew the scumbags out of the woodwork.

I've just remembered an ordeal from last year. 

I saw a 51 plate Civic for sale, think they were asking £1000 which was strong money really. I messaged to say I was possibly interested but would like to view it before committing to a deal as £1000 is a strong price for one of these.

To cut a long story short, we were initially unable to plan a viewing as our schedules clearly clashed, when I said I'd have to leave it, with a bit of toing and froing the price became £600 (?)

I thought for £600 I'd make the effort to go and see it, as they were only about 15 miles away.

Got there and the thing was absolutely hanging, all the front panels were a different shade of poundland rattle can silver, the paint looked like it had been polished with 80 grit sandpaper, all the panel gaps were off and the NSF bumper  corner was held in with self tappers. The interior was mouldy and one of the front tyres were literally bald on the outer edge. I didn't even bother knocking on the door, just left it and sucked up the fact I had wasted my time and the journey thanks to her lack of honesty that it was a total shit heap

Now this is where stupid messages come into the equation. I wish I had screenshots of the conversation to be able to post them here but its unfortunately been deleted, probably because I ended up blocking her.

A short while later I received a message from her saying "my Dad said you didn't turn up" (it was unbeknownst by me until then that she was advertising it on behalf of her elderly father) 

I replied that I did in fact turn up but have decided not to proceed due to the issues that weren't photographed or mentioned on the advert, I added that I didnt want to waste their time showing me a car I was no longer interested in buying. 

I then receive a series of furious messages accusing me of being a "weirdo who likes getting elderly people's addresses" and that her Dad was extremely upset and anxious about the situation. She then threatened to report me to action fraud for "getting people's addresses under false pretences" and wasting her time (?! 😂)

I just blocked the silly cow before she could come up with any more accusations. I'm so glad I didn't end up buying it given the ridiculous messages I received for NOT buying it.

I know it was a £600 car and would have been more than contempt with these issues had the seller been honest about them rather than trying to hide them, (the pictures were taken at very clever angles so you couldn't tell)

She must have been so desperate for a sale because no-one else wanted it. About a week later it vanished off the DVLA records so presumably scrapped, which is what they should have done in the first place!

On 15/04/2022 at 21:10, moosemansjukebox said:

That E36 in particular really drew the scumbags out of the woodwork.

Told this one before, but a few years ago I went with a mate to look at an E36 325i.

Private seller,  not a bad area. We saw the car parked in the street outside, had a look round it and it looked good enough to go and knock on the door and get a closer look. 

The guy opens the door, takes one look at us and exclaimed "Fuck me! White people!!"

He then went on a long rant about all the Fuckin P***s coming round and making piss taking offers.

We ignored him while looking round the car while he went on and on, eventually telling us he was behind on his mortgage and he badly needed the money.

We offered him 2/3rds of the asking price which he was happy to take.

A very odd man indeed. 

For an insight into car trading, have a look at Chops Garage on YouTube. Some of the claims he gets are ridiculous.

He shafted himself once and paid £100 towards someone's road tax because the buyer complained it was £100 more to tax than what he part exchanged (!)

And he recently got a warranty claim 5 months later for a wiper blade (!)

He doesn't help himself, but an entertaining watch none-the-less

22 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

And he recently got a warranty claim 5 months later for a wiper blade

I know a guy who has a small bump in tescos car park and smashed rear light of the new car behind him.

He waited around for the owner who waved him on and said  "no problem, don't worry about it......

Its under warranty!"

I'd love to have been at the dealers when he tried to claim.

29 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

For an insight into car trading, have a look at Chops Garage on YouTube. Some of the claims he gets are ridiculous.

He shafted himself once and paid £100 towards someone's road tax because the buyer complained it was £100 more to tax than what he part exchanged (!)

And he recently got a warranty claim 5 months later for a wiper blade (!)

He doesn't help himself, but an entertaining watch none-the-less

It is a great chanel and one of the few dealers who doesn't bullsh*t people about 3 month warranties.

But yes, he is way too soft for his own good.

5 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

I stopped watching him because of his bullshit clickbait video titles. 

Unfortunately its the only way to get noticed on YouTube. He must be doing something right, I recall him saying he netted £2000 one month from Youtube and sponsorships alone. Money talks

Some of them I'll admit are clever, a lot are plain silly

1 minute ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Few exceptions, but from the ground up?

Andrew Camarata managed to without any clickbait from the sort. From my subscription list, I can also add ElectroBOOM, Matthias Wandel, Techmoan, Mustie1, Tech Ingridients, Photonicinduction, Project Farm, Watch Wes Work, SouthMainAutoLLC etc. to the group of no-clickbait, informative and entertaining people who've got massively popular without needing shouty stupid videos. You definitely can find these people, but the weird and wonderful ways the algorith works means they get out-shouted by the clickbaity types. I probably shouldn't continue because this is entirely the wrong thread 😅

6 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Andrew Camarata managed to without any clickbait from the sort. From my subscription list, I can also add ElectroBOOM, Matthias Wandel, Techmoan, Mustie1, Tech Ingridients, Photonicinduction, Project Farm, Watch Wes Work, SouthMainAutoLLC etc. to the group of no-clickbait, informative and entertaining people who've got massively popular without needing shouty stupid videos. You definitely can find these people, but the weird and wonderful ways the algorith works means they get out-shouted by the clickbaity types. I probably shouldn't continue because this is entirely the wrong thread 😅

You're not wrong!

On 4/17/2022 at 8:19 PM, RoverFolkUs said:

Have censored part 2 with the applier, watch if you wish as it is bound to offend given the punter took it about five steps too far!

Once years ago I won a recovery truck on eBay which was in North London.  I went down in the Astramax van I had at the time (idea was to put the van on the back of the truck for the journey home).  When I got close I rang the seller for directions (this was in pre-sat nav days) and he said "There's a massive Paki mosque at the end of the road, you can't miss it".  (Turned out he was referring to the Shri Swaminarayan Mandir temple.)

Surprisingly given the number of cars I've bought, he was the only overtly racist seller I've come across.

14 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Once years ago I won a recovery truck on eBay which was in North London.  I went down in the Astramax van I had at the time (idea was to put the van on the back of the truck for the journey home).  When I got close I rang the seller for directions (this was in pre-sat nav days) and he said "There's a massive Paki mosque at the end of the road, you can't miss it".  (Turned out he was referring to the Shri Swaminarayan Mandir temple.)

Surprisingly given the number of cars I've bought, he was the only overtly racist seller I've come across.

Some people just have no filter 😐

The boy I bought my Civic from was openly racist.

He told me he was lowballed by some 'Asians' before I arrived and would prefer to sell it to me.

What he really meant was that 2 people who viewed the car before me did not fall for his shite to try and conceal the non opening boot from them and he was pissed because he spied his arse and was offered what the car was actually worth. He also meant by this that he knew I was a dozy cunt who was desperate to buy a car so his wife could have transport after her Mini blew it's coolant out in McDonalds car park.

So not only was he a massive racist but also a chanty-wrastling, pie-eating guiser.

I've got some car boot stuff I'm giving away. Advertised as free but asked for donation to cancer research. About 50 quids worth of stuff to sell at car boot but I've stopped doing them since before covid.  The amount of wallopers I've had is unreal. Someone even asked if there's any vintage boxed action figures in the bundle. 

Another one I've dealt with recently is when advertising something be it anything from lawnmowers,rotivators,cb radio etc I get a message saying 

" is it like this if so I'll buy"

Followed by a link to some site I'd assume is dodgy. Blocked and deleted straight away.