Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

16 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Not a motor, but I've listed a telly up on Gumtree. Been up 13 hours and no dozy cunt has phoned about it yet offering me a bag of quavers. Am I doing something wrong? 🤣

Say it's a smart TV and meet in the nearest supermarket car park - some dafty will buy it anyway 

[Warning; may be unethical] - 😂

1 minute ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Say it's a smart TV and meet in the nearest supermarket car park - some dafty will buy it anyway 

[Warning; may be unethical] - 😂

So I can turn a 14" CRT into a smart telly and tell them I'll let them pick it up at the Tesco in Auchinleck? 🤣

2 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

And the daft fucker asked if you would do 4000 dollars not pounds 

Ah should have said it's not a message I received, just saw it online. 

Had they acted as daft as that to me, they'd have received a suitably rude message in response 😂

A few years ago I was trying to sell my MG ZS 180 on eBay. I may have been a bit too honest in the ad about its various niggles but it was a pretty sound car, particularly for the amount I was asking for it. It also had six months MOT. So when I got back from the pub and saw a message from this bellend enthusiast, I didn't hold back. I blame the beer... 

Screenshot_20220517-185505_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20220517-185439_Gmail.jpg

18 minutes ago, JayB said:

A few years ago I was trying to sell my MG ZS 180 on eBay. I may have been a bit too honest in the ad about its various niggles but it was a pretty sound car, particularly for the amount I was asking for it. It also had six months MOT. So when I got back from the pub and saw a message from this bellend enthusiast, I didn't hold back. I blame the beer... 

Sounds fare fair to me  😉

42 minutes ago, JayB said:

Why do bums like this always have a ‘pitch’ that they have to rock up with first? Who apart from Michael Aspel gives a fuck about his car history?

2 hours ago, JayB said:

I don't get why some people feel the need to come in hell's blazing and start insulting the car "scruffy" "no sort after extras" (sort- ha!) in an attempt to bag the best price. Surely it pays to be polite and complimentary than to come across as an entitled dickhead!?

7 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Don't need to make it smart, if you tell someone it's smart they'll believe it... Because people aren't smart 😉

You are right. The majority of the posts in this thread, scams aside, are because a considerable majority of the population is completely brain dead. Thinking is just too painful for them, so they don’t bother.

3 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

How much are we betting on them being a genuine person?

20220518_142048.thumb.jpg.958fa8a30872a00a5fd3487bc28284ac.jpg

20220518_142052.thumb.jpg.be7f69585739ecdfd0f7dff7e9405efc.jpg

20220518_142055.thumb.jpg.3e869ca5517aa39b15b0784ce8def852.jpg

All the signs are there. A cohesive message, with real life punctuation and actual manners. That'd definitely warrant a positive response if I was the seller. It's not difficult, is it?

10 minutes ago, Crackers said:

All the signs are there. A cohesive message, with real life punctuation and actual manners. That'd definitely warrant a positive response if I was the seller. It's not difficult, is it?

I've messaged them back asking for them to ring me when possible to arrange details. I'm quite content with their message. :)

On 17/05/2022 at 11:08, sutty2006 said:

No, I’m sorry but I disagree. Putting a car up for auction, saying it’s for sale elsewhere, but not allowing anyone to come and buy it is a cunts trick. They either want to sell it or auction it.  

either auction it off, or sell it on classified ad. It’s that simple. 

what the seller really wants is the bids to go higher than what they want for it. Who doesn’t? But going about it the wrong way makes them look cuntish. They put “for sale elsewhere” to cover them to pull the auction if bids don’t get high enough. Another way of saving money by not putting a “reserve” on it. 

I'm the seller, the other place it was for sale was on here, it never sold here because it wasn't sub £200. Have never pulled an auction. There was a reserve which it surpassed by about £1500.

43 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Guy and his missus came and got the telly. I'm £20 up and chuffed like hell. Yasssss. :)

Boring. You must be using a different Gumtree!

Quite a surprise that aggressive haggling at the door didn't entail where they were bartering for half an hour to get it for £10.72 and a packet of quavers/wotsits/walkers.... (other confectionery choices also available) 

5 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Boring. You must be using a different Gumtree!

Quite a surprise that aggressive haggling at the door didn't entail where they were bartering for half an hour to get it for £10.72 and a packet of quavers/wotsits/walkers.... (other confectionery choices also available) 

Guy turned up in a lovely modern Peugeot, paid the £20 in cash, and carried the TV off with the remote in his pocket, feeling quite chuffed with himself. Only going to be lucky the once I reckon... quit while you're ahead and that. 😆

Just now, Dick Longbridge said:

Is that your daily? 

Currently not, but that could change in a wee while. My daily is a touch screen Samsung thingy, but with the prices of phone contracts and that, I think the Nokia will be picking up some ground here. :)

5 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Currently not, but that could change in a wee while. My daily is a touch screen Samsung thingy, but with the prices of phone contracts and that, I think the Nokia will be picking up some ground here. :)

Lots of time here for old school Nokias although more as items of intrigue rather than useful pieces of equipment. I've still got my very first mobile stashed away in the cupboard  - a Nokia 5110. Battery still lasts well!