The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Lanky - My condolences mate, not nice.

Sporty.... does sound like they're making it up on the spot.

Footman James were happy to insure my 1986 2CV, but when I tried to get the Maestro (1985) insured I was told no. I queried this and was told that although they insure 2CV's made before 1990, a Maestro would have to be 30 years old or more, which isn't even possible!

I phoned up the next day and spoke to a different advisor who would insure it, but they wanted a grand. So it does seem like they make it up and you may be in luck depending on who you speak to and their mood on the day.

It is very true that insurance quotes and rejection on certain cars but not on others seem to be mad eup on the spot. As some know, my 1990 G-reg Sterling had its insurance rejected 20 days after first buying it. Apparently it suddenly didnt meet the insurance underwriters "criteria" and therefore could no longer be insured.

Its worth seriously ringing around and seeing what better deals you can get. Peter D James inurers have just insured my Sterling on a fully comp Classic policy for £230 per year.

Myself and Mrs O went away for our anniversary commiserations last weekend, got a call from B & B at 12.00 noon on Friday, saying he's cancelling the booking due to family illness, and we had been booked in at a pub. I purposely didn't book a pub in the first place because of the noise issues, but at such short notice - 4 hours! - I went for it.

It had a licence till 1am, and then it seemed, a lock-in. Great.

Checked out Saturday morning, and rang Ma Outlaw to get us somewhere else, which she did, albeit more expensive, but very nice, Mrs Outlaw feeling shitty, went to bed, I went to the bar, had 2 pints of Diet Coke - out of a 2 litre bottle, not draught, then went out in The Moose, to track down kebab/McD's/KFC etc.

Slept lovely.

Checked ou, got the bill. Breakfast - £10 a head!!!!

But; how much do you reckon my Coke cost?

£7.80.

Fucking Hell.

But; how much do you reckon my Coke cost?

£7.80.

Fucking Hell.

Unfortunately, that's about right for a decent hotel. They 'll sell rooms pretty much at cost (or even below 'average cost' if they have a lot that sit empty) and then try to fleece punters with incidentals. 3 quid of a small bottle of mineral water is not unheard of, either.

T'was a 3 Star (AA rating) and the room, was £115 by itself, then £10ph for a very average breakfast - think £5.99 motorway services - then 2 cokes at £3.80 a pint, total spent from 5.00pm Saturday until 10.00 Sunday, £142.60. Thats £8.39ph, and I was asleep for 8 of those...

At least the Lone Ranger wore a fucking mask.

If you were going away for a wedding anniversary with your wife and slept for eight hours I'd be more inclined to complain to the domestic manager :D

No point in complaining, it doesn't get you anywhere....you're a married man, you should know that.... :lol:

:D

Probably best to take someone else's wife. I'd try that theory but I don't think the current Mrs C would take it too kindly.

MOAR Bloody stupid drivers :x

What is it about me? Or what I drive? Why do I attract these twats? Today, I pull into a well-known Hardware store with Ma_Sterling, the entrance/exit road is a bit tight so its down to the users to use courtesy. I see another car coming the other way driven by an old lady, she is taking her time which is fine so 'I'll wait until she passes, suddenly, a Silver Golf blasts its horn and cuts passed me through the gap nearly colliding head on with the car coming the other way still blasting its horn. I nearly went and lamped the twat, I shoted a few obscenities at him, he looked but carried on walking into the store, then I went to ask what his problem was, his attitude left a lot to be desired, I nearly lamped him one, but I had Ma_Sterling with me.

:evil:

German customer has finally paid me the massive £2.20 he won my speakers for. Essex twat boy nowhere to be seen.

Which is great, except our German friend now wants a section cut out of the Turbo bumper Pete helped me take off. Yeah, because I can sell the rest of the bumper with it split in two, can't I? :roll::roll:

What the fuck are these people on? From a sale point what use is half a bumper? I tried to explain this but he began to send me a series of increasingly upset messages and he didn't seem to understand that no one would want the rest of the bumper with a fucking huge chunk cut out of it. Plus his car is black, and the bumper is white. Along with 6 other utterly retarded VOC forum messages along the lines of 'I live 400 miles away so can I have [name of spare] for £5 because you're such a bastard and won't post them' I'm beginning to see red.

Seriously, if I get much more crap over these spares I'll smash them to pieces with the biggest lump hammer I can find. Why can I not just get someone reasonable with half a cunted brain cell wanting my stuff? Why?

The wifes grandparents live locally in a quiet cud-de-sac, unfortunately over the last few years the next door neighbour's son has been causing problems, you know, the usual boyish mischief, dealing drugs, burglaries, assault e.t.c. His parents say he isn't their responsibility anymore and basically don't care. Anyway, today he asked Grandad to move his car, as it was parked in the street where he wanted to jet wash his scrambler bike (which he uses to distribute drugs) Grandad said no, as Amy was visiting in the next 5 mins and needed to use the driveway. Lad got annoyed, parked his bike next to the car and jet washed all the shite over it. Seeing this Grandad hobbled over to the hose pipe (He's a sprightly 83) and tried to pinch it to cut the water to the pressure washer, unfortunately the little scamp managed to give him a good soaking and nearly knocked him over with the pressure of the water. Initially this sounds funny, but remember this is an old fella, who has had years of torment from this little shit and he's already had one heart attack too!

To cut a long story short, the Police say the lad is known to them (no shit sherlock, you lot are round every other day), but are not interested in pursuing the case as its only "technically" assault, and it wouldn't get to court. Grandparents have been advised to not leave the house if the little toerag is about, as he has "a bad tempter".

So, in conclusion, if you are a anti-social little bastard, from a waste-of-space famil come to Stoke. The police will back you up and actually tell people to keep away from you! You will be free to deal drugs too. Apparently the rozzers are not aware of the drug dealing, even though everyone else in Stoke has seen him doing it and he regularly drives around off his face on coke e.t.c.

I have been made to promise not to get involved, as my initial reaction was to pour petrol over the lovable rogue and have done with him. Apparently i'm not allowed to do this as its ILLEGAL.

Maybe his idea is that he buys the bumper, you chop out the bit he needs and send it to him, and bin the rest to savee on the cost of posting a bumper to Germany.

He thinks the section is worth £5. I am not selling him the whole bumper for £5. Pete-M's cigarettes cost more than £5.

However, I hadn't thought of it like that, so I might say to him if he buys the bumper complete (for a decent price) he can have the section he wants. Fucking waste of a decent Turbo bumer though - even the impact plate's intact. They normally rot, like the one on the rear has.

Chuck him in the boot of the Audi, set your sat nav for 'Delamere Forest' and we'll meet you there with the spades.

Then afterwards him and me can 'visit Carpet World'.

Chuck him in the boot of the Audi, set your sat nav for 'Delamere Forest' and we'll meet you there with the spades.

Then afterwards him and me can 'visit Carpet World'.

Only if you play 'roly poly' with him down a fucking steep hill with a big lake at the bottom. At least that way he could die like some of the people he's peddled his fucking drugs to. Choking on a piss stained axminster and not knowing where he is as the world is spinning.

Right, back to eBay Sir Watterage: It can often make little difference but if you sound reasonably twattish in your adverts you can avert quite a few dickheads from bidding. Not much use sounding like a complete bastard but enough of a hint that you can't be arsed with timewasters and idiots often works.

For example suggest you won't accept bids from anyone with less than ten feedback unless they mail you contact details first: a lot will ignore this but you simply remove their bids without notice then block them.

Imply (on a no reserve listing) that you do't care too much how much it ends up for and that you haven't got a b-i-n. That often deters the usual array of morons offering you one fifteenth of the value of your item.

Suggest viewing is fine before end of listing but once the 'advert' has finished it's the property of the winning bidder. Mentioned this because (as a rule) if people think they can view beforehand anyone who's genuinely interested and has a brain will come and view and bring cash with them. Obv. this doesn't stop people from miles away bidding but I believe if you suggest viewing is available they're more inclined to believe your description is accurate and fair.

Don't even bother replying if people ask you something that's quite clearly stated in the listing, they're the sort of people you don't want bidding because clearly they're fucking idiots and will complain when they buy your item about the chip/mark/scratch you mentioned anyway.

Block foreign bidders but suggest if they mail you for more details you'll consider selling to them. That way you can politely tell them you want a deposit before you'll even consider posting or ending the listing early.

As suggested earlier just sound reasonably twattish. Yeah, you'll put some people off but in the long run you'll find you get less dickhead-ish questions, less dickhead-ish 'winning' bidders and more chance of a straight sale. It's all one big fucking lottery but worth trying to weed out the tossers if nowt else.

I've just told cock for brains I've weighed 'his' wheels in. And that the scrapyard gave me £30 for them.

Let's see if that provokes a response.