The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Guest Leonard Hatred
In an attempt to leave more cash in my pocket and less at the filling station I bought an inline fuel heater.Before fitting it I replaced the fuel and air filters.Everything is now all fitted and working correctly so today I filtered some waste engine oil.Mixed two gallons with the same amount of diesel and filtered it through a 5 micron bag filter.Now the car smokes like a steam train and it doesn't clear when warm.Arseflakes.

I know of other cars running a 50/50 mix without smoking and I've studied this website http://www.bluegrassfuel.net/ so have I got to take the fuel filter off tomorrow and fill it with injector cleaner ?

What car is it?

Which in line fuel heater are you using?

I've experimented with running on used engine oil and smoke does seem to be a given.

From a brief glance, the website seems to be advertising some kind of 'dieselization' of used engine oil using chemicals, very different to what you're doing.

What makes me grumpy? Fucking shipping agents going bust when my worldly posessions are in a container on a ship, and then not paying the local agent. Wankers. So my entire life is now sat in a port and nobody will deliver it until i pay 700 quid i've already paid.

Been a bit of an odd day today. Didn't get much sleep last night so I've been tired all day and its the 15th anniversary of my dad dying. Took Ickle_Seth up to the cemetery to have a talk about grandad. She asks more questions and understands a bit more now than she used to but still difficult to explain these things in simple terms.

Having a beer now.

GRUMPINESS HITS NEW LEVELS: The girl who said she was delighted to see me after years of having lost contact (that's something good about faecesbook) and even invited me to stay in her place next time I'm in town not only failed to turn up for dinner as had been scheduled, but she hasn't even texted to say she was going to be late/unable to make it, while my "best friend" who is a lawyer (having lawyer friends is even worse than it sounds) also didn't ring/e-mail with the template for a legal document that I need to write by tomorrow morning! :x:evil:

In response to my previous post.The car is my 20 year old Discovery which already had a quarter of a tank of diesel in it.The heater is from P & L trading who trade on ebay.Due to plastic pipes the heater is before the lift pump,the pump is a handspan away from the filter and it automatically cuts in and out when up to temperature.I spoke with a guy who is running a VW Caddy on a 50/50 mix and he told me to try it for a month.After driving about yesterday all seems well.There is smoke on start-up but nothing like it was before and it clears quickly.There is black soot under hard acceleration but looking at the photos of those injectors from that website I think it's clearing everything out which is why matey told me to try it for a month.I've seen the emissions results of a car running 50/50 and it is much cleaner than straight diesel.If you factor in shipping costs the processor on that website works out at just over £900.00.Due to this cost I phoned customs & excise to check the legalities of running on waste oil.At first the customs man thought it might be classed as a fuel extender but because you are processing a waste product as an alternative fuel he then said it should be classed as a biofuel so no duty to pay.

So not grumpy at all.I will let you all know the results after experimenting for a month.

I have a tool fairy, I've lost so many tools over the year, I'm going to have to replace 1/2 of them. I have one 'advanced' screwdriver left out of 8, I had 18 ratchet spanners (bendy and fixed head), I only have 8 left, most being of sizes I'll never use (9mm?!?!). I had four pairs of mole grips, now I only have one, and any clamping with them just opens the joint to maximum. Shite!

There is definitely some kind of a curse thing going on with tools when used anywhere near cars, I've done the research, need a phillips to tighten a window winder? I will find nothing but flat, and phillips too large or too small, then remember the 1/4 inch bits with the cordless, guess which one will be missing, If I'm lucky I'll find a small flat electrical driver to stuff in. Go back in 5 mins for a flat to tighten a hoseclip, they've scarpered and all the phillips have crawled out of the woodwork to laugh at me. Work on something other than cars, find I need to remove something obscure like a tiny countersunk pozidrive, it's a bit rusty and looks like I'll only get one chance to remove it, as I turn toward the bench to rummage I'll stand on a small pozi screwdriver, even though I just tidied and swept up, reaching to the bench to steady myself as I stoop for my prize my hand will find another small pozi, small pozis will begin falling from the sky. Less tools you have the better.

I have a tool fairy, I've lost so many tools over the year, I'm going to have to replace 1/2 of them. I have one 'advanced' screwdriver left out of 8, I had 18 ratchet spanners (bendy and fixed head), I only have 8 left, most being of sizes I'll never use (9mm?!?!). I had four pairs of mole grips, now I only have one, and any clamping with them just opens the joint to maximum. Shite!

Earlier this year I threw a party to celebrate the purchase of my 100th 13mm/half inch ring spanner and socket.

1. Ebay.

Why the fuck is it so bastard hard to set up an account to sell your old shit.

You can only list 10 things a month, on an auction (no BINs), and they want to hold on to your money for 21 days after the event.

you get your money after feedback from the buyer has been left, or 21 days. Ask buyer to leave feedback asap and explain why - it worked for me

An incident today has reminded me just how pleasurable driving around here is. Sadly, today's journey was like being back on the mean streets of Birmingham.

First of all, White Van Man overtakes me in a 40mph zone when I'm already doing 40. That pisses me off, but what can you do? Next, coming through one of those terrifyingly built-up but still 60mph roads in the sticks, some dizzy bint pulls out in front of me. I'd already eased off as I could quite clearly see her (wonder why she couldn't see me then) and I'm always cautious on what is a pretty dangerous stretch of road (lots of driveways and a blind junction - really good fun). I ease off but I'm not braking, so I do get quite close, though I then back off. I can see her gesticulating as if she's being electrocuted.

Then she turns right. I try to keep the car moving, as I always do, but it soon becomes apparent that she's not going to turn right, so I stop. Perhaps a bit close. Then she gets out and starts screaming at me and how I'm threatening the life of her precious boy in the back. I retorted that if she cared so much, perhaps she shouldn't pull out in front of people but this failed to calm her down for some reason. It's starting to turn into a Jeremy Kyle special only there's no-one here to edit in the bleeps - a great example to set in front of her child then! Eventually I reverse, squeeze up the inside of her stationary car and I'm away.

Kind of a reminder to self that it's a lot less stressful to just brake and let the idiots get on with it!

I'm also grumpy that I wired my MP3/CD player into the Saab, carefully undoing a previous wiring mess, only for it not to work - it's not reading CDs. Bother.

Something similar happened to me twice today... I'm not going back out in case the third dozy bint makes contact!

First, straight bit of 30mph road, good visibility. I saw the punto on the right waiting to turn on and eased off "in case" but I wasn't prepared for her ambling out at 5mph right in fromt of me and not speeding up.... if I hadn't braked hard and swerved she would have driven into my offside wing! 50 yards later I turned into the industrial estate so I have no idea how long it took her to adjust her hair/glasses sufficiently to start taking notice of traffic.

Second one, almost home (almost to the top of the hill) when the transit in front slammed on his brakes and bounced onto the kerb. I was ready for this because he does that every day but the girl in the Corsa behind me wasn't.... She had to brake very hard, and spent the next few seconds swearing and waving her hands at me while tailgating, but I turned right to go up our street. I did make sure I stopped in the road to check that my way was clear for a second or two before proceeding :D

I take it you were in the 2cv DW, can't be that hard to get up speed again in the others?

Would a 1963 Rover P4 with a ready fitted Perkins diesel engine for sale for £750 in Lampeter cheer you up :wink: ?

GR8 FOR VEGOIL/CONFUZIN AND OR IMPRESSIN FARMERZ AT THE SHOWZ

Never underestimate the indignant mother. Such as the one who wrote in about a fast train passing without warning, which was EXTREMELY (sic) dangerous to her and her children as they were standing on the edge of a platform :roll:

This comment has offended me and my unborn child. And my sister, who is dead. I feel this situation is unfair and as a result I want £100 in vouchers or I'm going to Watchdog.

I take it you were in the 2cv DW, can't be that hard to get up speed again in the others?

Would a 1963 Rover P4 with a ready fitted Perkins diesel engine for sale for £750 in Lampeter cheer you up :wink: ?

GR8 FOR VEGOIL/CONFUZIN AND OR IMPRESSIN FARMERZ AT THE SHOWZ

No, I was in the Saab. I'm probably still in a 'I've got no power' mind-set though! I'm not used to having power, so people who cause me to lose momentum do make me huffy!

Earlier this year I threw a party to celebrate the purchase of my 100th 13mm/half inch ring spanner and socket.

I'm still pissed off after losing two 13mm spanners in/around a canal in February. A very stupid way to lose tools which I'm reminded of every time I use my remaining, non matching spanner. It's the only useful metric size!

I had that leaflet about AV arrive today. I'm still not sure what I'll vote for on election day.

Me neither. I hope the voting slip has a box for 'I cared enough to come out and vote but don't know enough to decide'.

2. Digital telly.

I was for some reason under the impression that once the analogue signal was turned off, the digital signal would increase in strength. Apparently not.

^^ Digital sig will have its wattage cranked up. They can't do it across the board at the minute, as it will walk over analogue. I did a server job for Bastards, Bolsheviks and Cunts (NI) a while ago and got chatting to one of their engineering staff in the canteen. Another factor to consider apparently is the fact that even cheapo £20 digiboxes are getting better and better all the time, as are the Freeview antennae. Mine was only £12 (plus a score for the box). I can get all the channels, and I live in a "marginal signal area"

Never underestimate the indignant mother. Such as the one who wrote in about a fast train passing without warning, which was EXTREMELY (sic) dangerous to her and her children as they were standing on the edge of a platform :roll:

This comment has offended me and my unborn child. And my sister, who is dead. I feel this situation is unfair and as a result I want £100 in vouchers or I'm going to Watchdog.

I think it is outrageous you have questioned my post. I demand compensation as my good friend is a lawyer and if you don't I shall be contacting my local newspaper and MP