The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I thought that might be the case with the insurance company, as far as they are concerned, the bash on your car caused by the accident was repaired and it can be proved, even if the rest of the car was vandalised by the dealership.

I absolutely agree with the sentiments on lack of customer service. This is something I've known for a long time, although I lived back in the UK for the last 10 or so years and coming back to Europe it is still shocking at the amount "can't be arsedness" and the lack of Customer Service. You are right that it doesn't exist. I found out years ago when as a teenager I was browsing some cars in a dealership when some arse came up and more or less turfed me out of the dealership because it was lunchtime.

That said, life does seem much calmer here although I do work for a British company with the same kind of stresses found in most UK employment. I just accept that this as a general quirkiness of the French, I don't have to endear chavs screaming all night chucking stuff at my house and generally trying thier best to annoy me. I know it doesn't help, particularly as some dealership has ruined your car and don't give a fuck about it.

You defo need to be able to deploy more 'bluster' in france when dealing with reticent 'professionals' than you do in the UK. I strongly suspect there will be an official consumer rights procedure covering exactly the situation you are in - I notice here on the french government website they list out the obligations of the customer and the 'garagiste', including the obligation of the garagiste to put right any damage incurred to the car while its in his custody

http://www.economie.gouv.fr/dgccrf/Vie-pratique/Fiches-pratiques/Vehicule-automobile-reparation

but the systems are always so detailed (and slow to avtually carry out) they are impossible to know off hand, so you will probably have to accept not seeing the car for a couple of weeks and making an appointment in town to get genned up on exactly what your rights are before going back and arguing with the garage.

I would say if you ring the garage tomorrow, give it your best bluster and do not give an inch from the position that it was running fine when they took custody of the car, its their problem and 100% down to them to sort it and you do not even want to hear any more about it unless they are ringing to tell you they have sorted it or at least diagnosed it. Tell them the car is staying with them till they get it sorted, full stop. If you sound sufficiently unlikely to roll over, then they will probably make an attempt to at least look at the car, for an easy life. Then make an appointment with (I think) the local office of these guys:

http://www.adeic.fr/

Who are the french consumer association. It says on their site that the first thing to do is send the garage a recorded letter (seems to be the starting point for all formal communication in France that) stating your position and what you expect of them, and they are supposed to respond to that (basically putting the dispute into writing). After that and depending on what the garage says in writing, these boys will advise what course of action to take. All that will take ages so plenty of bluster (making you sound like an awkward sod for them to deal with) is your first line of defence.

You still up for autojumbling? :-)

Could be tricky this next month as I think I've got a three week job playing with a Metrobus but if I'm free, why ever not?

In all seriousness I actually don't think childbirth is the most painful thing in the world ever, I'm probably breaking some secret pact of sisterhood by telling you, but I cannot believe that it is worse than other stuff you can do/have or whatever.

I've never broken a bone, but it has to hurt more than childbirth, I can't believe it doesn't hurt that much.

No really, it's crampy and smarts a bit and there is a particularly stingy chinese-burn-on-yer-delicate-parts bit but I'm sure there are worse pains, I struggle with treading on or kneeling on things like plugs and I'm a complete baby over stubbed toes, so I really think the childbirth thing is overplayed somewhat.

...going to the toilet the first time after giving birth though is a totally different story altogether mind you, so maybe us girls deserve the birth-pain kudos.

I've delivered 50 odd babies now Lou, and all I can say is some are really quick and easy with no biggie, and some are truly truly battles of pain. Could've done with a toolkit on some!!!!

No matter what or how long it takes, a womans face changes, and a concentration/serious/nature look comes over them. Baby is defo next push. Always.

Kudos to women though....

Meh, nobody wants to know about it.

Went to the garage. First off, I sneaked into the workshop and spoke to a couple of the guys there. (I assume this is a sign of getting old, but it seemed to be staffed by children!) Seemingly the repairs went fine, it was left for a day then they moved it into a valet bay to clean it. The dude hoovered it out, then went to drive it into the washbay and it wouldnt start. One of the guys had since fiddled with it during his lunch break and could see nothing obvious wrong, but it is stuck in gear. - Its one of these flappy paddle DSG boxes...in hindsight, a total arse-ache and to be avoided in the future at all costs.  Anyway, he couldnt tell if it was being stuck in gear that was preventing starting or whether something else was wrong and being stuck in gear was just a side effect. He wasnt able to get it plugged into the diagnostic voodoo machine without incurring me a bill.

Either way, no welding was done on the car....new panels were bolted on, and a standard front wheel alignment done - nothing to concern the electrical systems at all.

Went in the front door and met with the suits - they were sympathetic about it, but firm....they did what they did for the repairs which were carried out successfully  and then the car has suffered some unrelated failure. Just bad timing. End of. 

My suggestion of leaving it with them till sorted by them got me nowhere - they said it would just be moved outside and could sit there for ever.

Called the insurers - they are even less interested. From their point of view, the car went in for bodywork - bodywork was done correctly, and if the car has suffered some kind of mechanical or electrical problem since, well its my car, therefor my problem.

So I came home and sulked for a bit. "Bing" an email arrived from Citroen France, basically backing their dealership.

Im looking into the consumer action thing xbollox posted up, but frankly it doesnt appear promising.

Looks like its a trailer home and self diagnosis time. - I have just ordered a diagnosis tool from ebay.

Before the accident I was right on the verge of putting a for sale advert online. Since its RHD, its not worth a massive amount here, so if it turns out the box is kippered beyond economic diy repair, it will either get broken for parts which should net me my money back (I bought it cheap from auction in the UK) or will become a project car that I have considered for a while, but not had the right car to do it with.

I've delivered 50 odd babies now Lou, and all I can say is some are really quick and easy with no biggie, and some are truly truly battles of pain. Could've done with a toolkit on some!!!!

No matter what or how long it takes, a womans face changes, and a concentration/serious/nature look comes over them. Baby is defo next push. Always.

Kudos to women though....

Nothing more painful than a kick in the bollocks.

Women get pregnant time and again, no bloke in history has ever repeatedly begged to be kicked in the bollocks.

Jim Davidson has by 1) being married a few times and 2)  being Jim Davidson.

Before the accident I was right on the verge of putting a for sale advert online. Since its RHD, its not worth a massive amount here, so if it turns out the box is kippered beyond economic diy repair, it will either get broken for parts which should net me my money back (I bought it cheap from auction in the UK) or will become a project car that I have considered for a while, but not had the right car to do it with.

Sounds to me like I won't start because it's stuck in gear, my Sterling wouldn't start if it was left in any other gear apart fron "N" if it can be released somehow and out into neutral I reckon it will start.

Can I ask how much you were looking for the car originally. I just have a smalll interest as I really want my own car over here if I come back to this job in September.

Is it one of those french flappy dsg systems that are renowned for booking gear actuators that are made from soft cheese? If so it's probably failed with the box in gear, I used to sell loads of (genuine) actuators for Citroën and pugs when I worked in the parts shop

I have a massive coldsore, the size of an omelette (small one) which burns, stings, and itches in equal measure.

As you were.......

Arse, been sent a fine though the post by some Parking Eye car park enforcement twats, Apparently they think one of my cars spent time in one of their anpr protectred car parks and they are now trying to fuck me over for £100 (discounted to £60 for quick payment.)

Paying for parking is against my religion. (so is cctv for that matter)

Back beginning of February went to doctors with suspicion I'm aspergers-y. No prob, we'll refer you for tests. You'll hear something in the next couple of weeks.

Early April I'm still waiting so went back. Oh yes, we did it, you'll hear something any minute now.

Been back today, oh didn't anybody send you a copy of the letter? I'll print one for you. Letter dated last week. I'm now on the waiting list. Be about 3 months says the cheerful lying woman. Could be longer as you're not urgent. No problem, I've only been waiting forty bloody years, what's a few more?

Ignore the letter and all subsequent demands for payment, they can't enforce it. Don't reply, just chuck it and the 3 followup letters in the bin.

There's a very useful thread all about this on moneysavingexpert which is worth a Google search but that's the basic jist of it.

The law has changed regarding parking fines and they can now enforce them, they are still easy to get out of though. Write back telling them that £60 isn't what they've lost by you parking there and get an appeal code. I forget the exact details but google it or get over to pepipoo.

You can't ignore it anymore anyway.

The law has changed regarding parking fines and they can now enforce them, they are still easy to get out of though. Write back telling them that £60 isn't what they've lost by you parking there and get an appeal code. I forget the exact details but google it or get over to pepipoo.

You can't ignore it anymore anyway.

Parking Eye actually do have the stones to take people to court. Get a POPLA appeal started and ask for an appeal code. It costs them £27 to do this and they have to abide by the terms of the POPLA charter. 

I have a massive coldsore, the size of an omelette (small one) which burns, stings, and itches in equal measure.

As you were.......

Zovirax cream FTW. It stops the virus replicating, helps prevent this from recurring too.

Looks like the welderation of my Pony pickup might become a slightly more involved task than I anticipated. The cosmetics are no problem (rear arches) but the rust in the rear chassis legs is just awkward enough to need the rear leaf springs (and therefor the rear axle) removing. Merde!

Been branded a weirdo by SWMBO (& others) for putting a fried egg on cheese & bacon burgers.

Perfectly reasonable choice of optional comestible. Ignore them.

Been branded a weirdo by SWMBO (& others) for putting a fried egg on cheese & bacon burgers.

You would be even weirder if you didn't.

:-)

• Like 3

Biatch at the post office wouldn't send my box of bits to Australia for £14 because it was 200g too heavy. That will be £80 please sir. FUCK YOU.

Biatch at the post office wouldn't send my box of bits to Australia for £14 because it was 200g too heavy. That will be £80 please sir. FUCK YOU.

Take the fried egg out.... That should bring the weight down....

Oh, hang on. Sorry

Landlord has said she is selling the house,have not much more than a month to find somewhere,oh and we can't afford to move either,around £2500 needed in deposits,fees,referencing,rent,plus having to pay for this one as agreement don't run out yil august,so fucked basically.

10 plate laguna estate.......... :(

went to get it off the ramp at mot station friend runs it and helpsdoing lights and co2 and steering and stuff when skiving - talk bike bollocks and nick his tea etc :D

first thing card for slot in dash :(

starter button :(

e handbrake : RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and i only drove it 20 yards

grin was going for lunch borrowed his octavia 4x4 turbo estate hack/courtesy car :D