Old street scenes thread

Mash

I was in Poland last week and its mainly full of "south London luxury" 10 year old german and swedish prestige. Quite a few FSO Polenez's and 2 pot Cinqs, but thinning rapidly according to my co-pilot. Shit hot motorways mind!I guess Romania will head that way too?

whats this?

Posted Image

128?

Edit: they are stills taken from film, most of the 70s ones are from The Sweeney! Slags, manor, trousers on etc.

I'll also add this just for the mind-boggling parking arrangements and the Lamborghini to the right

Posted Image

The white Fiat 128 Estate frequently turned up on The Sweeney, it must have belonged to one of the crew.

• 4 weeks later...

There lots more here, http://popularclassics.forumcircle.com/ ... sc&start=0

Just been away for about an hour looking at these old piccies! Great to look at with a mince pe & a glass of mulled wine! All I need now is a snow-themes garage selection!

I am at last beginning to get into the festive spirit.... except my daughter's just come round to say her Mini's "not sounding very well"

:?::P:?:

Henly's dealership was responsible for the name of Henlys corner on the North Circular. The flats opposite in this photo look very much like some near the junction but would mean the garage was on a different corner to the one I remember when I was growing up.

Posted Image

Anyhow it inspired me to try and find some "North Circular" photos and I came across this. 1975 apparently

Posted Image

There's a massive speaker cone shaped garage like that one on the way to Macclesfield. Except it's big enough to hold 3 or 4 cars. Were they pre fabricated? They're awesome anyway.I parked up near to it to get a picture in the Piazza. Someone came out, said 'Fuck me, a Piazza!' and then went back inside.

Picture not working.

Ahh, I though that might happen. Imagine a crossroads that no longer exists because its a massive dual carriageway now, with a fire station on the corner. Coming towards you are a pair of yellow "Evening News" vans, one a Marina the other an A60, and waiting at the lights are a Wolseley landcrab and something else....

Posted Image

Tower Square, Tunstall, (year unknown)

Colchester High Street, 1980.

Ha, great pic! Our house is about 1 minute from here. Not alot has changed at all.

Great place to get some oatcakes and a nice meat and potato Wrights pie.

Is that a Reliant Regal peeping out from behind the Herald at Blundell's garage?

Yup, good call. MkIII possibly, before the 'del boy' angular ones and before that earlier type developed a peculiar Anglia-esque rear window!
Yeh it's either a MKIII or IV, MKV and VI got a different rear end (and a boot!)....And sorry to be a pedant but the early 'mark' cars never had the reverse-rake window, first one to get that was the 3/25 in '62, which is the same basic design as the 'del boy' one (3/30) but with a different grille arrangement as so;

Posted Image

I LOVE Reliants so probably best not to even get me started on this....

/ O/T