Shiteing with Covid-19

HMC

My girlfriend is sat in her school music teaching room, half the students self-isolating and the computer system down so she doesn't know who's in and who isn't. Her other school cancelled all extra-curricular classes last week.

I'm on site, still working but no idea how long for. TBH that's normal but usually there's always another site to go to if need be....

Interesting comment was made in parliament by some one from the AA regarding MOT's if they fall due and people cant get to an MOT station or they are closed due to Covid19  - initial reports are that a period of grace covered with a "Cover note" would allow tax and insurance to be purchased and the vehicle to be driven without fear of prosecution.

SHITTERS REJOICE

That MOT-less wreck in Tiverton could soon be driven home to Aberdeen legally....

could this be a time for shite to shine?

i'd like to use me van to deliver supplies now it back on the road albeit on a very tentative basis having done less than 1 mile in 6.5 years. i tried to google the place you volunteer for this, bugger naff all came up. am i crazy?

i supposed if you drive a shiter the police will become aware of it due to ease of recognition and see you on your way, 'ah there goes the (Vauxhall Chevanne/Marina van/etc or Vanette in my case or even a car, such as a Sierra or B plate Ital Estate) on it's way to doing good deeds. And you're waved through. Each and every modern will get stopped to see whose inside. You just need to work on your outfit which has to match the vehicle ideally, and you are good to go?

5 hours ago, MikeKnight said:

I'm due to start Jury service at the end of the month.

I guess I should call them to ask if that's still going ahead.

I think there's a reasonable chance that your trial may be postponed. The Bar Council and Law Society have already been pressing for these to be put off due to the risk of close contact.

My car is for sale, and there's a chap who's keen and wants to view this coming weekend. Any serious suggestions how best to go about this with the minimum of CV-19 risk, besides fucking it off completely?

No hand shakes/contact, 2 metres separation, clean wheel, gearstick, handles etc

I don't think I am taking any of this too seriously

1 minute ago, sickboy said:

My car is for sale, and there's a chap who's keen and wants to view this coming weekend. Any serious suggestions how best to go about this with the minimum of CV-19 risk, besides fucking it off completely?

No hand shakes/contact, 2 metres separation, clean wheel, gearstick, handles etc

I'd be more concerned about buying a car from a bloke called "sickboy"

50 minutes ago, sickboy said:

Has the rear seat got a ski flap? Suggest buyer clambers in the the boot for the test drive and fumbles the cash through the hatch if they find it agreeable.

Just now, Ohdearme said:

Has the rear seat got a ski flap? Suggest buyer clambers in the the boot for the test drive and fumbles the cash through the hatch if they find it agreeable.

Haha love it ?

Or I could construct a screen from cling film, rather akin to a limo, behind the front seats, and converse via intercom whilst sitting in the back. 

On 3/16/2020 at 10:59 PM, Datsuncog said:

Minor irritation here, as the Weekly Minishite Tat Extravaganza has been cancelled for the foreseeable - Belfast City Council has shut down St George's Market, due to Covid-19 concerns.

booked trip at easter

due to the south telling everyone not to travel and the 14 day isolation thing could happen

trip to da nort' :D

only 7 euro to change boat to felbast :D

gov.ie said come into ireland self isolate - apart from coming from the north :D

On 3/19/2020 at 7:07 PM, sickboy said:

Other than what you've already written the obvious answer is to let them test drive it solo after leaving you with a deposit equal to the asking price.

On 3/18/2020 at 4:21 PM, Austat said:

Shame I don't have anything to work on when Australia inevitably goes into lockdown mode, so I'll be bored out of my mind for many days.

Preoccupied myself by drawing some (very rough) concept car sketches, mainly inspired by the Alfa Romeo Navajo.

First some rough pencil sketches:

IMG_3777.thumb.JPG.6e4f92ae8ca6cc296620f41a9c227279.JPG

Then a fine liner orthogonal mock up:

IMG_3778.thumb.jpg.b5270ef4121bc8ff22571105f4876408.jpg

A pretty grotesque design so far, looks like I won't be the next Mark Stehrenberger or Tom Tjaarda any time soon. I might revisit it another time as there are some ideas I want to explore.

I did a few other mock-ups a few weeks back:

IMG_3779.thumb.JPG.b0e2bd9847c32a06c67c46c4e62d2ba6.JPG

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 5:10 AM, somewhatfoolish said:

Wrangling an 8.32 has to qualify as heroic/leg-endery level shiteing; any chance of a thread?

Not really much to report tbh. Had it for around 20 years, used it as a company car for a while but gets used sparingly now. There's at least 1 more on the forum too so as common as muck!:-D

Wrangling an 8.32 has to qualify as heroic/leg-endery level shiteing; any chance of a thread?

Not really much to report tbh. Had it for around 20 years, used it as a company car for a while but gets used sparingly now. There's at least 1 more on the forum too so as common as muck!:-D

8.32.JPG

No idea why this has posted 3 times????????????

13 minutes ago, tul66 said:

I suppose all we need now is for someone to turn up on AS with a Lotus Carlton that they've owned and used daily from new.....

after getting fed up of my daily government sanctioned walk round the housing estate I decided today to wash the car and T Cut a couple of scuffs off it instead. Got glowered at by almost everyone that walked past, clearly cleaning your car is not an approved exercise by the local outdoor activity police ?

Hello shiters...

I decided to stick with my original half-term holiday this week, we're on a skeleton crew at work but the place is still going (so far).  I've cleaned all the cars and the dogs have been walked to within an inch of their lives, so turned my attention to the garage.  A good tidy out was in order, and pushing the long-term resident in and out freed the brakes off nicely.  

WP_20200329_14_51_44_Pro.thumb.jpg.8175afdc9a7a01838965d50345a975c4.jpg

What's everyone else got lurking in the garage/barn/shed I wonder?  'Keith' the Trabi has been ensconced in there for five years now, I couldn't resist another one when he came up, there's basically nothing up with him, just can't drive 'em all can you?!  Of course, the other two-strokes had to move out the way, so I was co-erced into fixing the gear selection on the wee DT50, and we've had a great afternoon up in the woods on it.  Rural Speyside isn't a bad place to hide out during a crisis!!!

WP_20200331_17_46_25_Pro.thumb.jpg.89f32c4a9b558ad0c5ae122c2602e1f6.jpg

Hope you're all doing ok, people up here are very much playing by the rules and keeping to themselves, but nobody's turning into holier-than-thou 'morale police' either!

Cheers now.