SOLD! 02 ROVER 45 IMPRESSION 2 1.4. MOT OCT 19. £500 West Mids.

Burnside

Sadly I'm selling my Grandfathers Rover 45 on his behalf due to ill health and also having the DVLA take away his Driving licence. 

It's a 2002 1 .4 Impression 2 in Met Red. 85,000 miles. Remote locking, Leccy front windows. PAS, factory CD player. An AC. 

It has some battle scares to both bumpers  and a couple of minor dents but polishes up decently. Interior clean and tidy. Still has a full set of genuine wheel trims, mudflaps and rubbber floor mats fitted too. 

He brought the car in 2013 and it has been a good car on the whole with mainly local trips to the shops etc but has been on a few longer runs over to Wales.. It did suffer a headgasket failure in July 2017. Which he had repaired to the tune of £708! I have the receipt for the work carried out which inc a new Cambelt kit too. 

We have had the car for over a month and had intended on advertising it sooner, but as my Grandad got admitted to hospital then my Van broke down and the Cav failed the Mot. It got pressed into service and we added over 1,500 miles without complaint. 

My brother just had a new set of front discs and pads fitted last week as they were past there best.

I have the V5 and some recent paperwork but my Grandmother can't find the current Mot certificate but it's not really a issue and is available online to view. 

Pricing this is difficult.  As this is for my Grandad and the money will hopefully go towards a mobility scooter or his care. 

He wants £500 and can be viewed at WS9, Aldridge or possibly at DE12, Measham if preferred. 

20190322_170715.thumb.jpg.9bc903a9b7653f03a53d4e5bb421d7b4.jpg

20190322_171149.thumb.jpg.8742c812a61baf8ca09a26342a1cf333.jpg

20190322_171114.thumb.jpg.be019af7e622e3d32e4d422eddf9ffaa.jpg

20190322_170736.thumb.jpg.503053d2860bc42a855444dd062f82e9.jpg

20190322_170802.thumb.jpg.fb236e530aa68b1d2e2b16c18a806f49.jpg

20190322_171331.thumb.jpg.4c77f5296587123faada21c8de291d87.jpg

20190322_171238.thumb.jpg.37960b12339af49c99a327e2c5da5ecc.jpg

Mods I have tried to put this in the For Sale section while posting this via my phone, but it's still ended up on the main page? 

3 hours ago, The Old Bloke Next Door said:

Have a bump, having seen this in the metal, I concur its in decent condition,  can also recommend the seller.

Bonus engine bay pic.

DSC_0006 (2).jpg

Thank's for the extra pic and the kind words mate.

I would have added some more pics to the post but the new format wouldn't let me? 

Hope all is well with you and the Fiats. 

Fiat's are going well, Bravo 3000 miles with no ftp,  45 mpg local and very rapid acceleration, I'm wondering if its been chipped by a previous owner. Last mot only cost £80,  I was planning on using it for the winter then moving it on. But its grown on me and will be my daily for next winter. Going to need some surgery on the sills for the next mot and I have a new set of  Uniroyals for it.

Van only done about 500 miles in my ownership, use it once or twice a week, started first time on the coldest mornings, bonus very good heater and a straight mot pass last month.

If you consider a raffle for the Rover I'll have two randoms.

DSC_0103.jpg

Have a bump, and I can't help but note that this car harks from an era where even smoller cars were given large plush seats.

My 45 2.0TD had an unrefined (yet superb) engine and the trim was clearly fitted by someone who covered the bits and pieces in glue and then threw them vaguely in the car's direction, but I was able to drive it for well over two hours straight without feeling any discomfort whatsoever.

On 5/11/2019 at 3:15 AM, The Old Bloke Next Door said:

Fiat's are going well, Bravo 3000 miles with no ftp,  45 mpg local and very rapid acceleration, I'm wondering if its been chipped by a previous owner. Last mot only cost £80,  I was planning on using it for the winter then moving it on. But its grown on me and will be my daily for next winter. Going to need some surgery on the sills for the next mot and I have a new set of  Uniroyals for it.

Van only done about 500 miles in my ownership, use it once or twice a week, started first time on the coldest mornings, bonus very good heater and a straight mot pass last month.

If you consider a raffle for the Rover I'll have two randoms.

DSC_0103.jpg

Great to hear that both Fiat's are continuing to serve you well and really pleased the Fiorino flew for it's Mot too,   

The Rover has been listed on FB and Autotrader over the weekend but might be up for going down the raffle route if there enough interest?

On 5/11/2019 at 11:41 AM, rantingYoof said:

Have a bump, and I can't help but note that this car harks from an era where even smoller cars were given large plush seats.

My 45 2.0TD had an unrefined (yet superb) engine and the trim was clearly fitted by someone who covered the bits and pieces in glue and then threw them vaguely in the car's direction, but I was able to drive it for well over two hours straight without feeling any discomfort whatsoever.

Thank's, I've not sampled a 2.0 TD version myself or a MG either.  Though I've driven a few 45 1.4's and a 75 1.8 when I worked at a hire company briefly back in about 2003. I found them all comfortable places to be when going back and forth [ or stuck mostly ] on the M1 and none of them gave us any trouble unlike the Ford's and Renault's. 

My Brother had some interest in the Rover via Autotrader earlier to view the weekend. If that's a no go I reckon we are on for a Roffle! 

On 5/14/2019 at 7:18 AM, New POD said:

My wife needs an automatic.  I'm not sure that it meets her requirements. 

But if you roffle. I'll have 52 and 59

On 5/14/2019 at 5:43 PM, The Old Bloke Next Door said:

Definitely two randoms, mot history is good and conveniently located if I win. 

Thank's both 'll let you know in due course if we start a Roffle.

On 5/14/2019 at 8:12 AM, purplebargeken said:

Well at least there is a choice of either a manual or auto 45 on here.  Spoilt for choice lol.

I reckon if there any doubt over manual or auto.  Buy both then problem solved. 

On 5/14/2019 at 9:11 AM, davehedgehog31 said:

These are really capable all rounders, that's a cracking colour and looks nicely trimmed inside.

Sorry about the circumstances but GLWTS

Appreciate the kind words, as you say there a capable little car. I've really enjoyed pottering around in it this past month. Just a shame space is so limited at present or I'd  just buy it off my Grandad and have it myself. 

On 5/18/2019 at 1:20 PM, Lord Sterling said:

Cool! Is it staying local to the Midlands?

The couple were from Shropshire over towards Ironbridge. So I might see it again on my travels.

I felt quite sad driving it for the last time Friday evening and not just because it was my Grandads car. The 45 is a decent car overall that was and is mostly still marred unfairly by badge snobs etc. 

I'd gladly have one again at some point.