eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

33 minutes ago, cort16 said:

Calling all Scottish shitters. Citroen C6 at £1020 ending in 3hrs with no reserve.

EML on, slightly lumpy gear change but mot'd July 2022! Luckily for me my ebay account is suspended as it says I haven't paid my fees (even though my balance is £0)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265274976975

I think I will bid on this.

36 minutes ago, Skcat said:

My old one? Ha! 

Yes, ‘fraid so. That random ABS thing was going to be a problem for MOT , although it could go weeks without doing it. The plate will live on, just waiting for the logbook to arrive for a BMW 330i that we picked up last Friday.

Never spent a penny on it and it never FTP’ d, can’t ask for more than that . We’ll  all rue these crazy scrap and cat. prices in a couple of years. A generation of perfectly good cars wiped out, because it’s not worth spending money on an MOT, because it’s not going to be worth any more.

FD5F96E5-BD0C-41D3-A756-8AAE686FE3A3.jpeg.6d4db481923f8b025c90c1d24498a497.jpeg

Both of these gone for bean tins in the last couple of months, and before I get a rant from the resident Psycho  Anti-scrapper, I did offer both for less than scrap value on here.

2 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Doesn’t make any sense, I could have got more than the £500 I sold a scrap one for last week. It went within 3 minutes of putting it on Gumtree for £500 with a lot of the 20 or so callers before I pulled the ad. Offering to pay over the asking price by transfer if I kept it for them.

Has no-one here tried to buy it? That looks like a great motor for the wonga.

50 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Yes, ‘fraid so. That random ABS thing was going to be a problem for MOT , although it could go weeks without doing it. The plate will live on, just waiting for the logbook to arrive for a BMW 330i that we picked up last Friday.

Never spent a penny on it and it never FTP’ d, can’t ask for more than that . We’ll  all rue these crazy scrap and cat. prices in a couple of years. A generation of perfectly good cars wiped out, because it’s not worth spending money on an MOT, because it’s not going to be worth any more.

FD5F96E5-BD0C-41D3-A756-8AAE686FE3A3.jpeg.6d4db481923f8b025c90c1d24498a497.jpeg

Both of these gone for bean tins in the last couple of months, and before I get a rant from the resident Psycho  Anti-scrapper, I did offer both for less than scrap value on here.

As well as long as you got the reg off it, it was a good deal. The ABS was not a huge issue but the rot creeping up at the back would be the next issue.

I'm Tempted to try another but it would have to be a v6 or v8 next time! 

1 minute ago, Schaefft said:

It'll probably get bid up in the last minute but I'll do my best. Lets hope it doesnt burn down...

Yes and I've no idea what a sane amount to bid on a slightly wonky Citroen C6 is.!

If I had the money I'd buy it and park it in my lockup for ever just so when I die and they open it up it makes me look more interesting than I am. 

44 minutes ago, cort16 said:

Yes and I've no idea what a sane amount to bid on a slightly wonky Citroen C6 is.!

If I had the money I'd buy it and park it in my lockup for ever just so when I die and they open it up it makes me look more interesting than I am. 

....or you could do what one South African businessman did a while back with his E500, and be buried in it. Not sure if you can get permission to bury a C6 six feet under, but always worth making an enquiry. 

Just now, Tadhg Tiogar said:

....or you could do what one South African businessman did a while back with his E500, and be buried in it. Not sure if you can get permission to bury a C6 six feet under, but always worth making an enquiry. 

I could be cremated in it. Does LHM or LDS (what ever they use in these) burn?

1 minute ago, Schaefft said:

Didnt bid in the end, would have been over 1400 which probably would have still been a good price but not the ultimate bargain. Another time!

It ended at 1385. Good job my ebay account is suspended!

Yeah, not sure what the winning bidder's maximum bid was but it would have been over 1400 considering he was keen getting it. I'll never understand people starting to bid high amounts half an hour before the auction ends, you are literally bidding against yourself...

1 hour ago, Skcat said:

As well as long as you got the reg off it, it was a good deal. The ABS was not a huge issue but the rot creeping up at the back would be the next issue.

I'm Tempted to try another but it would have to be a v6 or v8 next time! 

When I got it off you , I tentatively put the number into a reg. companies valuation thing online  and since then it’s advertised at £2000!!,  Or was, just put the number into Google and it comes up, so I’m eagerly awaiting their call when it sells .

3 hours ago, Schaefft said:

It'll probably get bid up in the last minute but I'll do my best. Lets hope it doesnt burn down...

I have been following (purely for research) a Swift sale on the bay. I o W...

Sat on closing bid for 9hr... Disappointed to watch the clock go down to Zero and no snipe.... 🤡 lol