eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

4 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Picture 1 of 8

Ford transit mk3 smiley engined dormobile lbw van restoration project | eBay

It's got a smiley engine, apparently.

£700 seems GR8 value to be fair, if only just for storage or something.

Interesting* fact: Buckfastleigh is the longest place name in the UK that doesn't use any letter more than once.

51 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Unfortunately this one has an automatic, ugly wheels, has been off the road for 10 years and is currently completely overpriced

Given the JDM market and the fact it's an SR20, in these times I wouldn't call that overpriced. 2500 barely gets you a solid MX5 these days. My first one was £900 and had never been welded... four years ago to this day as it happens. Yes you could use my £1800 IS200 as a counterpoint, but I don't think it compares.

19 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Interesting* fact: Buckfastleigh is the longest place name in the UK that doesn't use any letter more than once.

Interesting, and they have an Abby.  Obs Wales bailed early, too many l's :)

3 hours ago, D.E said:

Cheap way into Crown Vic ownerage if you have a welder; the chassis is pretty chunky on these so patching it up is mostly cosmetic.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Interesting, and they have an Abby.

Also the South Devon Railway.  Somewhere there is a photo of a 3-year-old me stood on the footplate of one of their steam locos.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Also the South Devon Railway.  Somewhere there is a photo of a 3-year-old me stood on the footplate of one of their steam locos.

Aww, can we see?

10 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Given the JDM market and the fact it's an SR20, in these times I wouldn't call that overpriced. 2500 barely gets you a solid MX5 these days. My first one was £900 and had never been welded... four years ago to this day as it happens. Yes you could use my £1800 IS200 as a counterpoint, but I don't think it compares.

The average UK buyer would only buy this as engine donor. I don't know how much SR20s are worth but I doubt it would go for nearly the asking price. The rest is practically unsalable and completely unknown to people. The MX5 is exactly the opposite.

31 minutes ago, grogee said:

Pretty sure I used to go to school in one of them. 

I did too, well occasionally. If one of the usual coaches was not available they used to bring one of these out which was the pride of their fleet. Kids used to love it as the windows were cool

EDIT: Just seen this one is a Volvo, and ours was a Bedford 

This must be one of the earliest Mk1 XJ6s of ever?

Picture 1 of 8

1968 SERIES 1 JAGUAR XJ6 | eBay

I can actually remember going to the 1968 Motor Show at Earls Court and sitting in an XJ6 which attracted huge interest as it was so new., the first new Jaguar model since the E type.  ( Might have even been the launch?)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Am not sure about that at all, will look tomorrow when sensible, but rear says Ser 2

Looks S1 to me,  the boot badge and the red bit in the light strips for starters.

• Like 4

Looks S1 to me,  the boot badge and the red bit in the light strips for starters.

Yeah, It looks S1 all over. Front end is a big giveaway

Also G reg....

6 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Yes reflectors were placed with the reverse lights on early XJ6, they were moved to below the main rear light cluster before the Series 2 was introduced. 

• Like 2