eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

6 hours ago, Disco Fever said:

Not one pic with the hatch shut which (had it looked decent) I’d be keen to share and the final nail in the coffin for me in any description; ‘I have been totally honest’ which is just what a bullshitter would say. Can’t stop looking at it though….

From last time this XJS / Xantia came up four years ago:

IMG_1617.jpeg.083af8d3eeed298e920f95c040a2af77.jpeg

Very nicely done IMHO. Much better proportions than a Lynx.

6 hours ago, Disco Fever said:

Not one pic with the hatch shut which (had it looked decent) I’d be keen to share and the final nail in the coffin for me in any description; ‘I have been totally honest’ which is just what a bullshitter would say. Can’t stop looking at it though….

I had a look yesterday, it’s actually pretty cool imo, I’d have a punt myself if they didn’t want 4k to insure it 

E472FE9C-9F70-484E-8D5F-9EF5ECAD2F1D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

The first Farina BMC mid-size saloon was first launched in December 1958, The first being the Wolseley 15/60, with the Riley 4/68, Austin A55 Cambridge Mk. II, MG Magnette Mk. III, and Morris Oxford Series V all being introduced during 1959.

The Peugeot 404 was launched in May 1960.

I still say Pininfarina got paid twice ! 

18 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

aww sad to to see that one up for sale! so when are you collecting it? :) 

or on a slightly more serious note can you at least get the train horn from it as a souvenir? and fit it to TPA! :mrgreen:

I mean @catsinthewelder fancy another one? this ones got the discovery engine pre-fitted!

I'd love to be able to keep it in the family as it were, but that's not going to happen here. 

I rather suspect that the horn will be being held onto for fitting to something else in the future.  I know I certainly would if it was me.  I've only witnessed it once - and that was from the far side of a hotel complex with the building in between me and the vehicle, and it was still ****ing loud.

The horn and the compressor to run it probably weigh more than TPA...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Really sad to be seeing this on eBay as I've been seeing it at events going back to 2015.

eBay link

screenshot.jpg

I can vouch for the fact that it will cruise well above the motorway speed limit from having tried to keep up with the bugger on one occasion when we accidentally met up with the convoy heading north up the M6!

I'm bidding on that.

1 hour ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

Rare limited edition Berkley MX5. Looks like the rust has killed this, could be useful for spares and has a hard top. Estimate £400-£600

Spicers | Classics, Cars and Motorcycles Auction - Starts after Automobilia - Pr... | Lot 300 (spicersauctioneers.com)

1100206767.JPG

The daft thing is you can buy all the panels separately and once repaired it's worth £10k (I think) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Showing as Pending - did you buy it?

I tried, but someone viewed it last night and left a deposit so unless I hear again the sale must have gone through OK.

That Mk2 Capri is absolutely ace.

Picture 1 of 7

1990 4.5t Iveco horsebox - Spares or Repair | eBay

'I really am selling this as spares with no promise of it ever being on the road.'

It seems a bit lazy just quoting from the sales brochure.

Picture 1 of 5

SEDDON ATKINSON 401 twin-steer tractor unit 1986 for restoration. NO RESERVE! | eBay

Used to drive one of these round a yard years ago, sounded mega with the RR engine and pulled like a train.