New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

Hi all! Chip here saying hello :) 

Lucky enough to be about to become a stay at home Dad to my 2 under 2s due to the Mrs earning more dropping to part time than I do full time, that starts in March so I think I need a decent forum to help keep me sane. I’ve joined and been active in plenty before but they’ve all become a bit.. snobby to say the least, life’s too short!

I love anything quirky and rare, Peugeot Rallyes are cracking things!

Now my situations changed I’ll be looking for older cars to fix up and have fun with, I’ve got my sights set on an r53 mini atm..

Anyway, here’s my car history up until now… 

Ford focus 2002 
Abarth 500 2009
Lotus elise S2 111s 2003
Lotus exige S 2006
Abarth 500 esseesse 2010
205 rallye 1992
Evora 2010
Clio 182 2004 
Classic mini 1982 
Golf mk7 2013
106 rallye 1994
Golf mk6 2006 
E350 estate 2011 (own atm)
Bentley Brooklands 1995 (own atm)

1 hour ago, coachie said:

Hi fellow Autoshiters and thanks to the admins for the approval.  It's been a seemingly endless 6 week wait but I have kept myself busy by religiously following the public threads and have even bought a featured car from the ebay tat vol 3 thread. (more of that later)

I am first and foremost a VW fan, although I have an appreciation for anything with an engine in it.  i like to collect things, although my partner uses the H word too much. I still have my first BMX bike, my first computer, games console, all my Lego and a version of my first car, an aircooled Beetle.

The current fleet  of 5 stretches over 6 decades and I have had all sorts of weird, wonderful and most of all shite cars.  I currently spend most of my time commuting 300+ miles a week in a 2001 Lupo SDi.  It just ticked over to 180,000 miles and I am hoping to get it to 200k.

Mark

Lupo + Ibiza.jpg

Single wiper FTW.

For a 1990s car that looks properly old, mad to think that was available new at the same time as a Fiesta mk3.

Thanks for the welcome and yes, my first single wiper car.  As it is a 1990 5 door model, it unfortunately has normal stalks for indicators, not the crazy switches of the launch models.  It does, however have the 1.5l System Porsche engine, with the sticker in the rear window too!  Despite being a "Special" It's not far off base (sp?) with paint, hub caps, seat fabric, stereo, rear wash /wipe and possibly 5 speed box being the extra equipment.  It doesn't even have a fag lighter, but it has 3 ashtrays.

Ibiza rear.jpg

Ibiza wing.jpg

3 hours ago, Rym said:

Hi I’m Rym… a bit about me! I am an MG Rover kinda guy, I’ve grown up around MG and Rover cars for and I’ve grown a big liking for them. I love other cars, and especially all the shite which you find on eBay… thank you for letting me come on here!

Welcome, glad you made it. Can't wait to hear your shite stories!

5 hours ago, chip2257 said:

Hi all! Chip here saying hello :) 

Lucky enough to be about to become a stay at home Dad to my 2 under 2s due to the Mrs earning more dropping to part time than I do full time, that starts in March so I think I need a decent forum to help keep me sane. I’ve joined and been active in plenty before but they’ve all become a bit.. snobby to say the least, life’s too short!

I love anything quirky and rare, Peugeot Rallyes are cracking things!

Now my situations changed I’ll be looking for older cars to fix up and have fun with, I’ve got my sights set on an r53 mini atm..

Anyway, here’s my car history up until now… 

Ford focus 2002 
Abarth 500 2009
Lotus elise S2 111s 2003
Lotus exige S 2006
Abarth 500 esseesse 2010
205 rallye 1992
Evora 2010
Clio 182 2004 
Classic mini 1982 
Golf mk7 2013
106 rallye 1994
Golf mk6 2006 
E350 estate 2011 (own atm)
Bentley Brooklands 1995 (own atm)

hello chip get up some pictures..

5 hours ago, Rym said:

Hi I’m Rym… a bit about me! I am an MG Rover kinda guy, I’ve grown up around MG and Rover cars for and I’ve grown a big liking for them. I love other cars, and especially all the shite which you find on eBay… thank you for letting me come on here!

many mg and rover lickers onboard here so welcome in.

9 hours ago, templeoffire said:

Hi all, new member here! 

I have an interest in rare but nobody cares delights from the 90s - around 2005 era, have been known to screech to halt to admire a Hyundai Elantra at the side of the road. 

My current daily offering is a 2000 Citroen Xantia 90hp HDI which im enjoying. 

welcome to AS temple of fire

6 hours ago, coachie said:

Hi fellow Autoshiters and thanks to the admins for the approval.  It's been a seemingly endless 6 week wait but I have kept myself busy by religiously following the public threads and have even bought a featured car from the ebay tat vol 3 thread. (more of that later)

I am first and foremost a VW fan, although I have an appreciation for anything with an engine in it.  i like to collect things, although my partner uses the H word too much. I still have my first BMX bike, my first computer, games console, all my Lego and a version of my first car, an aircooled Beetle.

The current fleet  of 5 stretches over 6 decades and I have had all sorts of weird, wonderful and most of all shite cars.  I currently spend most of my time commuting 300+ miles a week in a 2001 Lupo SDi.  It just ticked over to 180,000 miles and I am hoping to get it to 200k.

Mark

Lupo + Ibiza.jpg

welcome to as..

3 hours ago, coachie said:

Thanks for the welcome and yes, my first single wiper car.  As it is a 1990 5 door model, it unfortunately has normal stalks for indicators, not the crazy switches of the launch models.  It does, however have the 1.5l System Porsche engine, with the sticker in the rear window too!  Despite being a "Special" It's not far off base (sp?) with paint, hub caps, seat fabric, stereo, rear wash /wipe and possibly 5 speed box being the extra equipment.  It doesn't even have a fag lighter, but it has 3 ashtrays.

Ibiza rear.jpg

Ibiza wing.jpg

ooof , that's lovely.. those early Ibizas are handsome cars. 

hey there! I'm J. On my L's as of right now sadly.

In true "I'm learning but will ignore advice" fashion I bought a carb'd 90s box without seeing the car in person. I realised that I made an extremely dumb decision and learned my lesson, Don't worry.

Car in question is a 1992 J reg Toyota Carina II XL (Not Carina E)

Screenshot_20220213-210435_Gallery.thumb.jpg.169192c10240f29597663f94c916fab3.jpg

Base spec carbureted 1.6 and no options except Power locks, power sunroof and a factory cosmetic spoiler that would paradoxically increase my insurance if I removed it🤔

Fun fact: If you google "Toyota Carina XL hi life" my car is the 1st result, because the car is popular with paparazzi.
previous owner kept the car for 29 years  w/ 114,000 miles, so many service stamps that they ran out of space in the manual and has only failed the MOT 3 times since 2006. 1 one them was for only a broken registration light. the other was because the windscreen washer didn't spray enough fluids.

problems include: leaky distributer cap, front shocks and a CV boot on it's way out. a spot of rusty shielding in the front  and a bunch of minor stuff like the boot gas struts not working and dents galore.

I've got no idea if I should keep it for when I pass or dump it as soon as possible for a Dacia or other more normal car.

Screenshot_20220213-210424_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220213-210431_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220213-210356_Gallery.jpg

20220107_161923.jpg

20220107_161932.jpg

4 hours ago, coachie said:

Ibiza rear.jpg

Ibiza wing.jpg

My word that is a beauty, it's in such good shape!

Two randoms when you decide to roffle it off on here...

7 minutes ago, Somethingfunny said:

In true "I'm learning but will ignore advice" fashion I bought a carb'd 90s box without seeing the car in person. I realised that I made an extremely dumb decision and learned my lesson, Don't worry.

Screenshot_20220213-210435_Gallery.thumb.jpg.169192c10240f29597663f94c916fab3.jpg

Base spec carbureted 1.6 and no options except Power locks, power sunroof and a factory cosmetic spoiler that would paradoxically increase my insurance if I removed it🤔

Fun fact: If you google "Toyota Carina XL hi life" my car is the 1st result, because the car is popular with paparazzi.
previous owner kept the car for 29 years  w/ 114,000 miles, so many service stamps that they ran out of space in the manual and has only failed the MOT 3 times since 2006. 1 one them was for only a broken registration light. the other was because the windscreen washer didn't spray enough fluids.

problems include: leaky distributer cap, front shocks and a CV boot on it's way out. a spot of rusty shielding in the front  and a bunch of minor stuff like the boot gas struts not working and dents galore.

I've got no idea if I should keep it for when I pass or dump it as soon as possible for a Dacia or other more normal car.

20220107_161923.jpg

20220107_161932.jpg

great car, i learnt to drive  in its lesser sibling the corolla

2 hours ago, Somethingfunny said:

20220107_161923.jpg

20220107_161932.jpg

Greetings. The Carina is a much more interesting car than a Dacia or some other modern bland euro box.

Were those last 2 taken in Australia by the way? 🤣🤣 Only kidding. 

Good to have you on board. 

Hello Everyone 

Hope I'm doing this right. Finally got round to going on this site after it being mentioned several times while I was at Festival of the Unexceptional. This is my current car line up:

1995  Vauxhall Astra 1.4 Merit (auto) 67000 miles

1997  Vauxhall Astra 2.0 Sport (manual) 114000 miles

1976 Ford Cortina 1600XL (manual) 35000 miles

1999 BMW E46 328Ci (auto) 69000 miles

Of those cars, 3 are runners. The Astra Merit was originally bought just to go to FOTU and then be sold on afterwards but my girlfriend got really attached to the car and I ended up giving it to her to learn to drive in. The Astra Sport is currently in pieces in my parents' garage and has been for the last 2 1/2 years, I really want to get it back on the road but the twin terrors of work and lack of skill with cars keep that from happening.  I had been looking for a Cortina for a while and the XL was bought in August. I won it in an  Ebay auction without seeing it in person, though I got it for a good price (what could possibly go wrong?). Fortunately I got lucky and it is really solid, with some work needed bodily and mechanically but nothing major. The BMW is my 'daily' and was bought 3 years ago with 61000 on the clock and a full service history. Because it hasn't been thrashed as most E46s were it has survived well and even the beige interior still looks good.

20210421_193810.jpg

IMAG0435.jpg

20210812_200802.jpg

20210813_195444.jpg

2 hours ago, Crazy Chris said:

Hello Everyone 

Hope I'm doing this right. Finally got round to going on this site after it being mentioned several times while I was at Festival of the Unexceptional. This is my current car line up:

1995  Vauxhall Astra 1.4 Merit (auto) 67000 miles

1997  Vauxhall Astra 2.0 Sport (manual) 114000 miles

1976 Ford Cortina 1600XL (manual) 35000 miles

1999 BMW E46 328Ci (auto) 69000 miles

Of those cars, 3 are runners. The Astra Merit was originally bought just to go to FOTU and then be sold on afterwards but my girlfriend got really attached to the car and I ended up giving it to her to learn to drive in. The Astra Sport is currently in pieces in my parents' garage and has been for the last 2 1/2 years, I really want to get it back on the road but the twin terrors of work and lack of skill with cars keep that from happening.  I had been looking for a Cortina for a while and the XL was bought in August. I won it in an  Ebay auction without seeing it in person, though I got it for a good price (what could possibly go wrong?). Fortunately I got lucky and it is really solid, with some work needed bodily and mechanically but nothing major. The BMW is my 'daily' and was bought 3 years ago with 61000 on the clock and a full service history. Because it hasn't been thrashed as most E46s were it has survived well and even the beige interior still looks good.

20210421_193810.jpg

IMAG0435.jpg

20210812_200802.jpg

20210813_195444.jpg

Wow, more of the Cortina please 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Bit of background I am from Staffordshire in the West Midlands and for some unknown reason I have a habit of buying super cheap cars and having them for a few months and sell them on, i guess we all do that really... :D 

Just picked up my latest addition, which will be a daily for now! An MG ZR! (laughs in head gasket)

Just posted this

Hello everyone

Thanks for admin approval

I've been lurking for a couple of years and thought it's about time I sign up. I've never been a fan of "fancy" cars and am perfectly happy with a sub £1k (or is that now sub £3k in the current market!!?) "old banger"

A bit about my username - well Rover because I'm a serial MG/Rover fan and "FolkUs" because I currently have 2x MK2 Focuses (Foci?!) So RoverFolk and FolkUs = Focus .... Yeah me neither ... But I thought it was creative 😅

Hopefully I should fit right in! "Fleet thread" incoming in due course.... 😄