Jump to content

New members, introduce yourself here.


Wilko220

Recommended Posts

On 10/9/2021 at 12:07 AM, Wibble said:

Hmm, not sure I’d be very good at that. Mrs Wibble is amazed I’ve signed up to this as I’m not on any other form of social media and not very good with the tech. I’ll give it some thought though, thanks🤔

Meet the gang. 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

 

The name is  Matthieu, 26 years old and from The Netherlands

 

Proud owner of a millionaire car, seen below

It's been around the clock at least once, and still going strong with It's 1.9 SDI

 

 

Fast, it is not, reliable it is 

 

 

Hope to get to know you all

IMG_20210227_132630.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/8/2021 at 8:38 PM, Eyersey1234 said:

Phoooaarrr. There's a yellow Cortina in Hull thar I occasionally see, I'll get a picture when I'm next down the road it lives on, it still has the Crystal Ford sticker in the back window, Crystals were the main Ford agent in Hull and Beverley at one time 

That yellow Cortina was there when I last lived in Hull in late 90s. I was amazed to see it still there when I visited last year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Inca-mpetent said:

Hello, 

 

The name is  Matthieu, 26 years old and from The Netherlands

 

Proud owner of a millionaire car, seen below

It's been around the clock at least once, and still going strong with It's 1.9 SDI

 

 

Fast, it is not, reliable it is 

 

 

Hope to get to know you all

IMG_20210227_132630.jpg

Welcome to the beige.

I would have thought the SEAT would have been a good contender for Klokje Rond.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Remspoor said:
Welcome to the beige.
I would have thought the SEAT would have been a good contender for Klokje Rond.
 

Just wanted to add some more about myself that I forgot

Such as my day job, which is restoring/repairing 2CV's

 

I'm also the (kinda) prud owner of a 1983 Conway Campa DL seen below

 

it is in need of some repairs, which i've been pushing back for a while

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 9 Pro met Tapatalk
 

IMG_20180426_170412.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/10/2021 at 21:21, Inca-mpetent said:

Hello, 

 

The name is  Matthieu, 26 years old and from The Netherlands

 

Proud owner of a millionaire car, seen below

It's been around the clock at least once, and still going strong with It's 1.9 SDI

 

 

Fast, it is not, reliable it is 

 

 

Hope to get to know you all

IMG_20210227_132630.jpg

Goedenavond, welkom!

The Seat Inca, now that's a van that is getting seriously rare nowadays. Now that I think of it, the Ibiza Mk II this was based on as well...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wibble said:

That would be great, thanks, but Sod’s law likely to prevail😆. Would be nice to get the reg though👍

Off the top of my head SAG 833R rings a bell 

 

Edit just checked, it's taxed and MOT shows no results found, though on the MOT checker it says MOT expired September 2020 so who knows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Goedenavond, welkom!
The Seat Inca, now that's a van that is getting seriously rare nowadays. Now that I think of it, the Ibiza Mk II this was based on as well...
I think it does fit in with the rest here too.

I know it's VAG, But I've been driving it without major problems since early 2020, when I bought it (with 6 months of valid MOT) for €175 and a Belgian Alfa Romeo 166 with a 2.4 liter turbodiesel

That one had a lot of problems:heater fan was dead, so was the boardcomputer(backlight gone, thus unusable), and the alternator had seen better days.


So I definitely got the better deal here
Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 9 Pro met Tapatalk





Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not new but I am lazy. I really should post more about my Alfa 159 and Ford Puma, and moan about the Saab 9-5 shaped hole that is not yet filled. 

So much love for the Shite ethos and the refreshing honesty in the For Sale section. Like calamine lotion on a sore caused by a thousand chancers, dealers and crooks.

If it makes you like me more I started driving in a Mini Clubman that was older than me, and graduated to a Triumph Acclaim (CD, no less) soon after.

May all your Shites run smoothly on the coming winter mornings.

Much love from the Midlands. 

 

George. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, grogee said:

I'm not new but I am lazy. I really should post more about my Alfa 159 and Ford Puma, and moan about the Saab 9-5 shaped hole that is not yet filled. 

So much love for the Shite ethos and the refreshing honesty in the For Sale section. Like calamine lotion on a sore caused by a thousand chancers, dealers and crooks.

If it makes you like me more I started driving in a Mini Clubman that was older than me, and graduated to a Triumph Acclaim (CD, no less) soon after.

May all your Shites run smoothly on the coming winter mornings.

Much love from the Midlands. 

 

George. 

Greetings I would love to hear more about the Puma especially, I assume it is the 90s coupe and not the bloated SUV thing. 

 

P. S. Triumph Acclaim CD you say? Phooooaaarrr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Eyersey. The Puma is year 2000, but it isn't shite. Not run with a shite ethos anyway. Having spent £2k getting the wings, sills and rear arches done, it now sleeps in a £50/month council garage. It's probably had the same again spent on it to make it 'perfect' or at least as close as I can get. Next job is front subframe which is a bit crusty, no matter how many coats of black paint I put on top. 

The Acclaim was prone to eating its head gasket (OMGHGF) I remember doing at least two. But it had twin carbs, electric windows and headlamp washers so who wouldn't want to spend money fixing it? I do recall a shitely fix on the ignition barrell which expired on the M4, I stopped in the services and learned how to hotwire it. Later it had a 'permanent' fix of two toggle switches, one for ignition and one for starter. 

IMG_20210806_202327687.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, grogee said:

Hi Eyersey. The Puma is year 2000, but it isn't shite. Not run with a shite ethos anyway. Having spent £2k getting the wings, sills and rear arches done, it now sleeps in a £50/month council garage. It's probably had the same again spent on it to make it 'perfect' or at least as close as I can get. Next job is front subframe which is a bit crusty, no matter how many coats of black paint I put on top. 

The Acclaim was prone to eating its head gasket (OMGHGF) I remember doing at least two. But it had twin carbs, electric windows and headlamp washers so who wouldn't want to spend money fixing it? I do recall a shitely fix on the ignition barrell which expired on the M4, I stopped in the services and learned how to hotwire it. Later it had a 'permanent' fix of two toggle switches, one for ignition and one for starter. 

IMG_20210806_202327687.jpg

Phoooaaar one chodtastic Puma, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...