New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

On 15/05/2022 at 16:48, Boycie said:

Another scot ( originally a Cumbrian boy ) work is managing a car hire fleet so daily im in everything from a Fiat 500s to a Merc Gle , being surrounded by such new plastic/metal/microchips makes my  yearn for the weird , rusty and shonky , I started the job back in 99 where it was all Rover 25s , Punto's and Astra's 

Your company sign writing is spot on as I remember passing one of your vans in the last two days somewhere between Bristol and Aberdeen. I passed a few* vehicles and for me to remember one van is remarkable.

Hello. Long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

I found this beige place via HubNut. For some reason, YouTube decided to radicalize* me by suggesting I watched a video of a long-haired, bespectacled gent test driving a Morris Marina around west Wales.

Alas, there is no chod in my life today. That's unlikely to change for the foreseeable, so I take solace* following the fun* here. Currently I drive an F30 BMW 320d, which may provide its own excitement* in various expensive ways.

If I had the space and skill I'd look at getting another Alfa 145 Cloverleaf or a last generation Toyota Celica (2ZZ instead of the 1ZZ I had).

On 5/24/2022 at 7:16 AM, Heikin Matsuda said:

I'm currently at 8 with 4 in use so 50% ain't bad, and west midlands.

I've known @Heikin Matsuda for a few years and I can say he and his dad are top blokes. When I had all that shiz going on with the cylinder head etc, I did all the work at there place and they were most excellent. Bloody good tea an all. 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 8:15 AM, Ted Eggs said:

Hello. Long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

I found this beige place via HubNut. For some reason, YouTube decided to radicalize* me by suggesting I watched a video of a long-haired, bespectacled gent test driving a Morris Marina around west Wales.

Alas, there is no chod in my life today. That's unlikely to change for the foreseeable, so I take solace* following the fun* here. Currently I drive an F30 BMW 320d, which may provide its own excitement* in various expensive ways.

If I had the space and skill I'd look at getting another Alfa 145 Cloverleaf or a last generation Toyota Celica (2ZZ instead of the 1ZZ I had).

Much as the 2ZZ is a bit special, the 1ZZ is better than some make out. The 1ZZ in my 03 MR2 has covered 123k, leaks and burns a bit of oil (TADTS) but still pulls like a train. It's a proper lively little thing when you wind it up, which is the way a sporty NA should be driven, obviously. Having said all that a 2ZZ in an MR2 is proper ASBO. I guess it's a bit more sensible in a Celica shell. 

Any photos of your old Celica? 

2 hours ago, Harriytait said:

I've been here about a year now but never properly introduced myself, I'm Harry, a 21 year old shite car fanatic from Portsmouth and here's my fleet of absolutely dreadful motors.

The 205 and Proton are my bro's but we both live together and share them*

IMG_20220508_160014.jpg

IMG_20220508_223916.jpg

IMG_20220508_093304.jpg

IMG_20220105_081824.jpg

IMG_20220419_074328.jpg

IMG_20220116_134856.jpg

IMG_20220507_083358.jpg

Nice cars. And you will fit in well. Hope you will consider making a fleet thread on your cars as it would be interesting to follow.

5 hours ago, Harriytait said:

I've been here about a year now but never properly introduced myself, I'm Harry, a 21 year old shite car fanatic from Portsmouth and here's my fleet of absolutely dreadful motors.

The 205 and Proton are my bro's but we both live together and share them*

IMG_20220508_160014.jpg

IMG_20220508_223916.jpg

IMG_20220508_093304.jpg

IMG_20220105_081824.jpg

IMG_20220419_074328.jpg

IMG_20220116_134856.jpg

IMG_20220507_083358.jpg

21, for real? Great fleet, but you're challenging @LightBulbFun for youngest Inva owner!

6 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

21, for real? Great fleet, but you're challenging @LightBulbFun for youngest Inva owner!

I was 19 when I got REV for what thats worth LOL

(amusingly the Sellers daughter was a bit Jealous as she was the same age as me and wanted a classic Mini as her first car, but her father the seller of REV. would not let her get one so young/as a first car, and here I was buying an Invacar off him as my first car :) )

but time marches on and all that guff

7 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I was 19 when I got REV for what thats worth LOL

(amusingly the Sellers daughter was a bit Jealous as she was the same age as me and wanted a classic Mini as her first car, but her father the seller of REV. would not let her get one so young/as a first car, and here I was buying an Invacar off him as my first car :) )

but time marches on and all that guff

I was 19 when I bought MPU my first invacar and 15 when I bought my first car which ironically was a classic mini, cost me £100 lol

Been meaning to do an intro for ages but been lurking and living my dreams of more shite through you all. Apart from the modern, I have a Dolomite 1500 SE with Coventry’s finest grey velour and wooden dash that hasn’t done enough miles / been working long enough for a few years. Life etc and a commute of 2 metres to the spare room since COVID means that I probably lack the needed incentive.

I will continue to dream of 80s Vauxhall shite and have created a car sized space down the side of the house just in case.... 

On 6/15/2022 at 8:21 PM, Speedymeepmeep2 said:

Been meaning to do an intro for ages but been lurking and living my dreams of more shite through you all. Apart from the modern, I have a Dolomite 1500 SE with Coventry’s finest grey velour and wooden dash that hasn’t done enough miles / been working long enough for a few years. Life etc and a commute of 2 metres to the spare room since COVID means that I probably lack the needed incentive.

I will continue to dream of 80s Vauxhall shite and have created a car sized space down the side of the house just in case.... 

Welcome to the forum 

On 6/15/2022 at 7:21 AM, Speedymeepmeep2 said:

welcome along... were abouts u located?

Greetings all! Time enough to get in on the action I thought.

Joining you from the antipodes, the land of the Japanese grey import, Aotearoa New Zealand!

Current fleet includes an ex-giffer 405 SRDT 

IMG_7286.thumb.jpg.56d105e5f7be1e3452efa807d0c898de.jpg

An ex-Japan Starlet, with such spec ~choices~ as A/C, leccy windows all round but a four speed manual

IMG_7390.thumb.jpg.44e357c72b814b8fcd9ad5f82184fd9f.jpg 

Both shared my me and the other Mr GagaStan. Also present is a TGB 101s moped for commuting purposes. 

IMG_7426.thumb.jpg.89ff1d4e7da895fa8bc0ad9b03322c6b.jpg

Plenty of other motors of varying quality had in the past, with a strong whiff of three-cylinder motoring. I don't think there's much that sounds better than a Suzuki Alto with a very mildly broken exhaust... especially when it needed thrashing to get up all the hills 'round here!

I'm also a small-time licker of Kirby vacuums and Kenwood mixers.

Love reading about all your escapades, chodspeed!

14 hours ago, SH1TE said:

Having been an off brand  consumer I enjoy crap cars and spending as little as possible.

I've had a proton 1800 with 24 k and full service history for £1000 years ago and drove it until bored and sold for same money I paid.

I've had a 405 D 180k painted green and net spray job, ran on cooking oil and spent no more than £50 on repairs in 2 years- nobody wanted it so I scrapped it.

I'm looking for a disgusting looking car where it has next to no value and sub 75k miles.

Had a Toyota that managed 65k in it for £300 cost as insurance wrote it off and paid-never fixed it and sold it to Nigerian to export 

Expert van 30k and spent nothing more than £100 on it

I like Pontiac Aztec etc, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, Chevrolet.

1.6-3.0 junk my scene, bin it if expensive 

welcome aboard