New members, introduce yourself here.

Welcome to the club! Definitely would not EV a model 70, for a start where would you put the batts? 

12 hours ago, EmperorPigeon said:

I think you've both missed the point of the Model 70 and how none of those compare. Road legal, that can get to 50mph (and over if one dares ;) ), with a full bodyshell, and actually has luggage space enough for a large reusable shopping bag full of of shopping. Maybe even two. Perhaps the going to the shops aspect threw you both?

A good part of the fun of a Model 70 is the engine and related.  Cant wait to get one

On 3/12/2021 at 6:13 AM, bobdisk said:

Welcome to the club! Definitely would not EV a model 70, for a start where would you put the batts? 

A good part of the fun of a Model 70 is the engine and related.  Cant wait to get one

Did you get TPE 285S that @LightBulbFun mentioned in the Model 70 thread?  It could be gone by now, but that might be just the one for you. :)

My idea to EV one would be a low power 48v 3kw (preferably 5kw) motor which, given the light weight of a Model 70 (especially with the 493cc engine removed and associated tidbits) combined with a 48v lithium ion battery pack of at least 40ah (1.92kw/h, most of which will be usable). That would be a very small battery pack in terms of physical size and would weigh around 20kg (based on the knowledge that a 48v10ah lithium ion battery weighs about 5kg) and could potentially be fitted behind the driver's seat.  The cost of such a pack would be close to £800, the power output would reduce the top speed to between 30-40mph, the torque isn't the on-off switch certain motoring journalists/enthusiasts would have you believe and would be either the same or less than the petrol engine when new.

Now I'm not saying any of that is wise, but then if I had a Model 70? Then I'd do what I want with it because I'm an out and out lunatic. :D I'd hope you feel the same if/when you procure a Model 70 and rebuild the engine completely and damn the expense! :)

Hi all, greetings from Nova Scotia, Canada! :)

My posts will likely be sporadic here as I'm more of a lurker than a poster (I find myself on many automotive sites these days, haha!), but several folks have told me that it's a great community and it's nice to be part of yet another one :)

My current shite consists of a bog-standard, base-trim 2009 Hyundai Accent 3-door hatchback (known as the Accent Atlantic to you UK folks) which I affectionately call 'Humdrum'. She has a 5-speed manual and a 1.6L G4ED Alpha II putting out 110 raging South Korean horsepower. Bought used with 54,000kms, I've had her since 2013 and we've covered another 134,000kms together. Yes, she's newer, but there's no ANYTHING (no power mirrors, no power windows, no power locks, no remote locking, no cruise control, no ABS, no A/C). The only 'features' are a driver and passenger airbag and an 'aux' jack on the stereo! I love her all the more for it in a time when new cars are getting more expensive and needlessly complicated...
179250409_October6th2020-SeaMistoverMahoneBayHarbour.thumb.jpg.a24f9dd6251084e3b8f829d19c458d1f.jpg
20191102_133641.thumb.jpg.c3f56f91cfffc5e35a5ced92f937e7a0.jpg

I'm hoping to import a FIAT 126p from your side of pond at some point as I am a friend of fellow Autoshite member @Borsuq , who has a lovely 1999 126p ELX example....I love them a lot and have a Haynes guide already for when the time comes! If anybody knows a trustworthy place to find one, let me know!

Otherwise, I'm a substitute teacher by trade that does computer repair on the side and digital auto art on the OTHER side in my spare time (when I can find any...) and loves weird and quirky automotive stuff, especially basic and classic Euro, Eastern Bloc and JDM stuff...and that's pretty much it! Lovely to be here!

Edited by RallyDarkstrike
Adding details :)
13 hours ago, EmperorPigeon said:

Did you get TPE 285S that @LightBulbFun mentioned in the Model 70 thread?  It could be gone by now, but that might be just the one for you. :)

Its gone now, I think. £1.2 k is too much for me anyway!

11 hours ago, bobdisk said:

Its gone now, I think. £1.2 k is too much for me anyway!

If I was totally enthusiastic about it, I would offer no more than £800 (but I still feel £600 is more what she's worth at the moment). Provided you can fix the damage to the bodyshell from the suspected injury by a fork lift truck, because beyond sorting glass? I suspect that will be the most annoying aspect so that the door and window on that side shut and seal properly. Something tells me that you will enjoy rebuilding the engine/replacing the engine with a direct equivalent. :) In my mind, a certainty of £800 in the bank is better than no offers at all. :) Besides, I think its only £1.2k to chase off the dreamers...but sadly make those willing and/or able to bring her back to running on the road to balk.

EDIT: And I'm in talks as regards the Enfield. *takes a breath* Big boy trousers time! Credit card I'm looking at you... 😄

Edited by EmperorPigeon

Alright! I have been lurking for years and finally decided to register so I can contribute a bit, as well as take advantage of the hive mind of course. Been on the blue forum a few years but i appreciate the brevity of this place in comparison. I also have fuck all money so really this is much more my speed.

Current shite is an e36 328i convertible which is really very shite and I'm near on weeping with dealing with breakers on eBay trying to find parts. It's my only car and one of those projects where as soon as I fix one part another three break. Diminishing returns and that.

So, if anyone knows of a non-moron source for e36 parts please tell me and I can go back to sanity.

Edit; I just remembered, a small claim to fame is the Maniac Swapper ebay rolls royce fella? He lives up the top of my road.

Hello All 

My name is Sheldon I run a youtube channel about classic cars but mostly about Rover P6s I have 4 P6 estates 2 V8 autos and one 4 cylinder 2.2TC I love all classic cars I am in Cornwall so if anyone has any classic cars they would let me film let me know =)

Look Forward to chatting to fellow petrol heads 

IMG_8846.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! I’m Espen, from Bergen (the one in Norway).

Current fleet is a BMW 325i Touring manuêl, a Renault Twizy for work commute/road toll avoidance, and as of today a Golf 3 cabriolet with very shy side windows (thread in Ask a shiter).

Past offences include Peugeots 306 and 406, an Alfa 156 2,0 manual, and various BMWs, the most noteworthy one being a Z3 2,8 Coupe. 

Sorry guys, I'm really struggling with the board this morning, it used to have a light grey background with dark script, now it's black with white script and doesn't navigate in the same way. Please help fix it, I'm in HS ATM and it's my only line to the outside world.

5 hours ago, spartacus said:

Sorry guys, I'm really struggling with the board this morning, it used to have a light grey background with dark script, now it's black with white script and doesn't navigate in the same way. Please help fix it, I'm in HS ATM and it's my only line to the outside world.

@tobyd - can you help?

@spartacus - have you tried changing the 'Theme' to another one, to see if it looks any better? You'll find a few different themes in a drop down menu, at the foot of the main AS index page. There are different display layout options also, at the top RHS of the same page.

There are three options - the default one is the forums default theme which is blue and white, there is Autoshite theme which is broken and there is Beige which is the default brown one.

image.png

After lurking for a whille, have finally managed to join. Been driving and keeping cars(and vans) running for almost 50 years. Last 20 years have bought new or under three years old, but have also helped my many offspring keep older vehicles on the the road and had a few "rescue cars" as I call them that I've brought back to life. Sold a Mk 5 Fiesta I'd revived in 2013 last Autumn and recommissioned a 54 reg Micra that had been abandoned on Mother in laws drive over a year ago by my youngest son. That sold almost instantly, leaving a space on the drive which I've recently filled with a 54 reg Meriva, bought for £120 in February. Will hopefully post my many struggles to turn it into a  decent motor in another thread. Anyway, really enjoy reading all your automotive adventures, and hope to add a few of my own. 

12 hours ago, Dobloseven said:

After lurking for a whille, have finally managed to join. Been driving and keeping cars(and vans) running for almost 50 years. Last 20 years have bought new or under three years old, but have also helped my many offspring keep older vehicles on the the road and had a few "rescue cars" as I call them that I've brought back to life. Sold a Mk 5 Fiesta I'd revived in 2013 last Autumn and recommissioned a 54 reg Micra that had been abandoned on Mother in laws drive over a year ago by my youngest son. That sold almost instantly, leaving a space on the drive which I've recently filled with a 54 reg Meriva, bought for £120 in February. Will hopefully post my many struggles to turn it into a  decent motor in another thread. Anyway, really enjoy reading all your automotive adventures, and hope to add a few of my own. 

welcome aboard dobloseven

On 4/9/2021 at 9:54 PM, YungStaff said:

PPS(?) are there any Auto-shiter meets happening this year? would be interesting to mix with y'all x

Hello!

There's one over here in West Sussex in June/July date+location TBC, thread here

and also IIRC there's one a bit closer to you down West Country Like (Calne) at some point, thread here

Hi everyone! A ‘newbie’ here, but definitely NOT a newbie to owning ‘shite’ cars!

My household collection currently consists of:-

1973 MG Midget - with severe running problems, drinking fuel and running really rough, but otherwise in good nick! (See picture)

1995 Mitsubishi FTO - with an electrical fault (after I tried jump starting it, but got the cables crossed), she turns over, but there is no power to the Spark Plugs. Could be something blown on ECU which will need to be sent away for checking and repairs! She has very low mileage, so definitely worth getting back on the road!

2000 Peugeot 206 - She is a bit tatty, particularly the clear coat over the red paintwork. What is it about red paint? But she is still roadworthy, also with very low mileage, less that 60k, so worth keeping going,

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Currently off the road while I fix all the MoT failure issues. She absolutely MUST get back on the road, as she is our tow vehicle for our 21 year old Caravan!

Having been a resident of planet Earth for more years than I care to remember, I have had the dubious pleasure of owning several ‘heaps’ starting with a CZ125 Motorbike, before ‘upgrading’ to 4 wheels with my purchase of a  Daf Van, in my college days!

Well, that’s my abridged, potted history! Hello, again, everyone!

9050B5D5-749F-4DCA-8CB6-DE25355EBEED.jpeg

Hi there! 

Been meaning to get signed up for ages but only just pulled my finger out of my arse and committed to it. Been a lurker for ages, because it seems old shonky chod is my kinda vibe. 

Currently driving a 07 plate Accord CTDI, which I’ve spent far too much on because I’m not a smart man 🤔 also own a 03 plate fiesta that I rescued from an ivy bush. It’s become a long running project, with the intention of becoming a track slag.  

I’m a motorcycle mechanic by trade, with engine building/tuning being my speciality. So by default my kink is shonky old turds haha. 

Cheers dudes! 

6059B5C6-6F02-4A76-B4E8-98BD38A0DEDD.jpeg

CBFDF3E7-871B-4A74-8FEF-F47D37AAF4F4.jpeg

Hello all!

Been lurking on the forum for a while now, long enough that the ebay tat thread has caused me to buy another pile of scrap. I love everything car related wether its old and crusty or new and shiny. I currently drive an Alfa Mito cloverleaf which is by far and away the nicest thing I've owned, also have a couple old Daihatsus and Toyotas that need restoring.  By day I'm one of them software blokes but spend all my free time tinkering with the cars.

Recently finished up a wee Daihatsu Copen for my partner that had a lot of rust so I welded it up, applied the appropriate amount of bondo and a mate of mine wrapped it, attached the obligatory tescos car park pic

Thanks!

_1040358.thumb.jpg.8ab8b000a8ae6f889561eb2ae520fa92.jpg