New members, introduce yourself here.

On 06/06/2021 at 20:51, Electric2CVer said:

This isn't my first 2CV re-chassis, I did two in the 90s, the second of which I also converted to battery electric.

20 hours ago, bobdisk said:

Like to see pics of that one !

3 hours ago, Electric2CVer said:

I have a video of it here: My electric Citroen 2CV conversion - YouTube

I'm in Corby, Northamptonshire.

Steve

wow thats very cool/interesting to see! I always find older conversions like this quite interesting, before there where comercial EV cars to pillage components from (although those conversions are interesting in their own right)

its interesting how modern looking your conversion is given how long ago it was, the motor especially looks surprisingly small and compact

I was picturing something like a big Brushed DC motor, milk-float style  

17 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

wow thats very cool/interesting to see! I always find older conversions like this quite interesting, before there where comercial EV cars to pillage components from (although those conversions are interesting in their own right)

its interesting how modern looking your conversion is given how long ago it was, the motor especially looks surprisingly small and compact

I was picturing something like a big Brushed DC motor, milk-float style  

The motor was a Lynch permanent magnet motor. They're made by Agni now: AGNI Motors

For the time it was a very high power to weight ratio and it's still a very competitive motor. It's torque output was perfect for the 2CV, 40Nm peak, with full torque available at any speed!

Steve

12 hours ago, PrinceRupert said:

Quick question:  how do I stop it being necessary for my replies to be approved by a moderator? 

I tried messaging the moderators but didn't get a response; I may have failed to do so. 

I too thought this, but chose to keep my mouth shut.

Anyhow, short of not wanting to start an unnecessary new thread, does anyone know if there is a thread for "fake" shitboxes? MR2 based Ferraris, that kind of thing?

Surely that's the ultimate in autoshite?