What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Took my dad to pick up his new (used) car today after purchasing it last week. I don't think I've ever seen him so enthusiastic about... well, anything! 

It's a 2018 Mazda 6 estate. Loads of kit on it. 🙂 Modern cars aren't generally my thing but even I think it's a good looking car.

20220706_135845.jpg

20220706_135859.jpg

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

They are a nice looking thing those Mazda 6s.  Had they sorted out the self-nomming engine by 2018?

Jury seems to be out on that one. Some maintain the issues were fixed somewhere between 2016-17, others say even the newer ones will fail, they just last a bit longer before going boom. 

Guess we'll just have to wait and see... 

15 hours ago, Soundwave said:

Took my dad to pick up his new (used) car today after purchasing it last week. I don't think I've ever seen him so enthusiastic about... well, anything! 

It's a 2018 Mazda 6 estate. Loads of kit on it. 🙂 Modern cars aren't generally my thing but even I think it's a good looking car.

Would you trust this dealership?😄

image.png.307e1506585873f8e4b3ca8d1854e61f.png

On 06/07/2022 at 08:11, New POD said:

My personality it seems. Or maybe that should have been left at home.  Somehow managed to fuck up the whole trip yesterday afternoon, by getting cross about something. 

And today. Taking down the tent, I put myself in the Haverfordwest minor injuries unit, to have my head glued, after I ripped my whole scalp off on the boot lid. Doh. 

3 hours ago, cobblers said:

Seems extreme just to get half an hours peace and quiet 

Bastards* only took 15 mins from walking in, to walking out with my gash glued. (Oooh ah madam) 

*I say bastards, but the nurse was very efficient and there was no queue, so in reality this was the best trip to A&E evvveeeer  and now they have my details It will be quicker next time. 

6 hours ago, Pieman said:

Spotting this at the petrol station earlier certainly made me grin - I nearly filled up and emptied at the same time!  ;)

May be an image of 1 person, car and outdoors

Gorgeous '34 Ford coupe.

He's got legs, she knows how to use them🎶

However, it a falls apart when I  get to the bit about hair down to his fanny (ass)

messing with a temporary insurance provider (Veygo) @Crackers mentioned to me and which looks to be a more flexible provider then Cuvva is

seems to be happy to quote me on @Six-cylinder's 50 year Toledo which is very interesting!

image.png.cd5fcad07988445c00e479959231ddec.png

especially such their own rules state the car has to be under 30 years old

image.png.55e3bfc4532b50fe54009bbb880db340.png

but I wonder if they are just saying "needs to be less than 30 years old" because most vehicles older than that, just dont play nice with computer systems or is their own quotation system broken? LOL

I know Cuvva say nothing older then 20 years, and will point blank refuse to quote anything older then 20 years even if it does find it

admittedly I have not been able to take it all the way, so it might just say right at the end "Oh hang on its over 30 years old so Jog on" but still quite amusing that it is quoting me LOL

4 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

admittedly I have not been able to take it all the way, so it might just say right at the end "Oh hang on its over 30 years old so Jog on" but still quite amusing that it is quoting me LOL

This will happen, I'm afraid. 

Frustratingly, Veygo will allow you to generate a quote with all the details you want, and will only throw you back out when you try to get to the payment page. 

5 minutes ago, Crackers said:

This will happen, I'm afraid. 

Frustratingly, Veygo will allow you to generate a quote with all the details you want, and will only throw you back out when you try to get to the payment page. 

Bollocks, but I figured such, Thanks for saving me the ball ache of it all!

as they say "if its too good to be true, it probably is"

still quite amusing in a very much me sort of way, to chuck different cars at it to see what it will attempt a quote on 

it will "quote" KXA221F but it wont do TMY265F, despite them both ADO16's of the same age (I wonder if thats because KXA has a Cat marker on it, so the insurance system already knows all its details?) 

Curiously it comes up as a "BASE/VANDAN PLAS" like those are the same or something LOL

On 7/6/2022 at 5:15 PM, Soundwave said:

Agreed, they do look really good. I came very close to buying one in 2018 instead of the petrol Avensis I did get (and only had for a year), but the problem for me was the 19" wheels and shallow tyres on the more powerful, higher-spec versions - not sure how well they'd have lasted on the country roads I use. Also no spare wheel of any sort as I recall.

I still find it of interest, especially with the 2.5 engine now available, but the same concerns apply.

Hats off to Mazda for still having a decent-size 'normal' estate in their range, there isn't much choice away from the German makers.

8 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

messing with a temporary insurance provider (Veygo) @Crackers mentioned to me and which looks to be a more flexible provider then Cuvva is

seems to be happy to quote me on @Six-cylinder's 50 year Toledo which is very interesting!

image.png.cd5fcad07988445c00e479959231ddec.png

especially such their own rules state the car has to be under 30 years old

image.png.55e3bfc4532b50fe54009bbb880db340.png

but I wonder if they are just saying "needs to be less than 30 years old" because most vehicles older than that, just dont play nice with computer systems or is their own quotation system broken? LOL

I know Cuvva say nothing older then 20 years, and will point blank refuse to quote anything older then 20 years even if it does find it

I only pay £88 for a year on a classic policy for 25 year old MX5 , fully comp 3000 miles pa