What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

16 minutes ago, ProgRocker said:

Watching the chod in the Carry On Films on ITV. Carry On Behind with a beige Maxi towing a caravan, an early looking mark 3 Cortina in a shade of 'sewage farm' greeny brown and a Land Rover. 

And some fit young actresses too! "Cor Blimey!" 

20201225_154140.thumb.jpg.cc1851f24b20d20be8c68bd4b9515a53.jpg

Quality.

The child in me is entertained by the absolute toxicity that is emanating from my body, I think I had a dodgy chicken leg last night. If the bods from Porton Down are knocking on my door in the morning I will not be at all surprised. Family have retired to bed for safety reasons and I swear the fake Christmas tree wilted at the last emission, I actually made myself gag  it's that bad :( 

Neighbor brought some satsumas for us, which was nice of him.

20201225_163950.thumb.jpg.fd3ea4beac3012d7d2fc70937ef078d9.jpg

They're still attached to several large chunks of tree.

20201225_124949.thumb.jpg.2cad6c6f5706f529a46eca0a00a35796.jpg

Got child #2 a basketball goal because she wants to play. Cost $0, someone was throwing it away. Cleaned up well enough. If she doesn't want to play then it'll recycle to someone else.

20201224_211646.thumb.jpg.0daacaaef22972f2bdb231d22c9c51e1.jpg

Hairy reindeer.

Phil

2 minutes ago, PhilA said:

Neighbor brought some satsumas for us, which was nice of him.

20201225_163950.thumb.jpg.fd3ea4beac3012d7d2fc70937ef078d9.jpg

They're still attached to several large chunks of tree.

20201225_124949.thumb.jpg.2cad6c6f5706f529a46eca0a00a35796.jpg

Got child #2 a basketball goal because she wants to play. Cost $0, someone was throwing it away. Cleaned up well enough. If she doesn't want to play then it'll recycle to someone else.

20201224_211646.thumb.jpg.0daacaaef22972f2bdb231d22c9c51e1.jpg

Hairy reindeer.

Phil

so dug helped with car and then you did that

doesnt look impressed :D

15 hours ago, omegod said:

The child in me is entertained by the absolute toxicity that is emanating from my body, I think I had a dodgy chicken leg last night. If the bods from Porton Down are knocking on my door in the morning I will not be at all surprised. Family have retired to bed for safety reasons and I swear the fake Christmas tree wilted at the last emission, I actually made myself gag  it's that bad :( 

plate of scouse again? :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/oldukpolicecars/permalink/2860697587547538

this was a fun read :)

I wonder what other cases there are like this? (I know its not the only one as I remember hearing on one of those police camera action type TV shows of a similar event of a police man taking a vintage police car to a show only to find out he is the only unit nearby to an incident so off he went in it to attend the incident in the vintage police car!)

can you imagine a reverse of that well known Stolen Moggie minor video where a Police Minor stops a Stolen Modern BMW? LOL

6 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/oldukpolicecars/permalink/2860697587547538

this was a fun read :)

I wonder what other cases there are like this? (I know its not the only one as I remember hearing on one of those police camera action type TV shows of a similar event of a police man taking a vintage police car to a show only to find out he is the only unit nearby to an incident so off he went in it to attend the incident!)

Bizarrely, I'd just been reading that on social media myself! First I'd heard of it, and brilliant story! Imagine rolling the Shitfera, whacking your head, climbing out and being greeting by a pc in 80s police attire, stood next to a liveried SD1?! Amazing! 

Screenshot_20201226-235709_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20201226-235720_Facebook.jpg

13 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Bizarrely, I'd just been reading that on social media myself! First I'd heard of it, and brilliant story! Imagine rolling the Shitfera, whacking your head, climbing out and being greeting by a pc in 80s police attire, stood next to a liveried SD1?! Amazing! 

Screenshot_20201226-235709_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20201226-235720_Facebook.jpg

Ha, small world! Known Ryan for years through vacuums, he has a few wicked stories like that! 

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

Ha, small world! Known Ryan for years through vacuums, he has a few wicked stories like that! 

I'd have paid money to have seen the face of the Zafira driver as they tried to comprehend what was in front of them. Proper WTF moment! It would be interesting to hear more of your mate's stories. 

The business centre is deserted so I've got the big stereo on with two 15" subs and 1.2KW rattling the whole unit blasting out late 90's speed garage.

The roads were deserted this morning so I had a good run in achieving 85mph VMAX in the boxer for most of the journey. Costa cheese and ham toasties were BOGOF so I'm well fed and now I've got a few days clear run at working on the camper without much to get in my way. Fucking lovely stuff, honestly I'm happy as a pig in shit

1 hour ago, cobblers said:

The business centre is deserted so I've got the big stereo on with two 15" subs and 1.2KW rattling the whole unit blasting out late 90's speed garage.

The roads were deserted this morning so I had a good run in achieving 85mph VMAX in the boxer for most of the journey. Costa cheese and ham toasties were BOGOF so I'm well fed and now I've got a few days clear run at working on the camper without much to get in my way. Fucking lovely stuff, honestly I'm happy as a pig in shit

This also makes me grin as it means there should be another update on the camper build.